PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel named starting QB for Vikings

In my crystal ball I see the Brian Hoyer and the Browns upsetting Matt Cassell and the Vikings in Super Bowl XLVIII on the Jets home field, fondly nicknamed the "Brady Protege Bowl." Go get 'em guys!

Go Matt.
The Vikings should have went after him way back then.
They have wasted a lot of AP's career while on a QB hunt

The person(s) most happy about the Ponder demotion is WR Greg Jennings and the entire Defense. Cassel + coaching stability = quality football in Minny.

Go Matt.
The Vikings should have went after him way back then.
They have wasted a lot of AP's career while on a QB hunt

That was one of the mistakes that Brad Childress made.

I still don't know exactly why Bill Belichick hated Childress (even when he was with the Iggles), but he did. I'm sure he was cackling with glee when Childress got fired after waiving Moss.

Did I miss it?

Did Minny hire Charile Weiss?

I'll be rooting for Matt. He's not as terrible as people think. He went through 5 offensive coordinators in 4 seasons (Chan Gailey was fired in the pre-season of year 1, with head coach Todd Haley taking over).

Don't forget in his second season with the Chiefs, after they hired Charlie Weiss as OC, he threw 27 TDs vs. 5 INTs in 14 starts, leading the Chiefs to a 10-6 record and the play-offs.

After that, he had Bill Muir and Brian Daboll for a year each. Haley was fired and Romeo Crennel was brought in. There was a tremendous amount of turnover amongst coaches and very little stability.

He certainly can't do much worse than Ponder's 2 TD, 5 INT, 2 lost fumbles in 3 games.

no one can be worse then ponder...can they ? :confused:

no one can be worse then ponder...can they ? :confused:

Blaine+Gabbert+Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+New+XOywPGlQWCWl.jpg

I can't believe they used the 12th overall pick on Ponder. That's awful.

I can't believe they used the 12th overall pick on Ponder. That's awful.

Only slightly less awful, though, than the JAGuars trading UP to 9 to get Gabbert.

Just like the Chiefs have proven this year, all the Vikings need is a QB to stabilize the position and they'll be a good team. The defense will improve big time too.

While I'm rooting for Cassel, I still want to see the Chip Kelly offense implemented with Manziel/AP next year.

Good for Cassel, I'll be rooting or him, and I hope he has a good game.

Good to see Hoyer and Cassel starting for teams. Best of luck to both of them!

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back