PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was hilarious.

(Brady is going to be scared when and IF he returns from injury - we should trade him and build around Cassel !)

Seriously though - I will always have good memories of Matt. How the heck did Leinart beat him out ?

Too bad Arizona had a QB when Cassel was filling in for Brady. We could of got another CB and a 2nd round pick easy. Kolb had a total of 3 vs Mattie's 11 wins. Oh well, I guess timing is everything in life.

Those are good. I get the opportunity to see him every year at a local celebrity golf tournament, he is a cool dude!

I still will never get why BILL traded Matt for so little..
Cassel was our kevin kolb and if the pats shopped him properly, they could have easily gotten a 1st rounder and a great player.

Last edited:
Cassel was our kevin kolb and if the pats shopped him properly, they could have easily gotten a 1st rounder and a great player.

Except Matty didn't get injured and then lose the job to Kevin O'Connell!

Soon after we traded Cassel away Denver got 2 first round picks, a 3rd round pick, and Kyle Orton. That was one of BB's 'not so genius' moments.

Soon after we traded Cassel away Denver got 2 first round picks, a 3rd round pick, and Kyle Orton. That was one of BB's 'not so genius' moments.

Cutler was a little more established in Denver at the time, Cassel only had played on season and nobody was talking about him having a better arm than Elway (as silly as that sounds).

Obviously, we know Cutler wasn't worth that, and Denver totally won in the end, but Cutler did have a much better rep than Cassel at the time on the field in my opinion.

Cutler was a little more established in Denver at the time, Cassel only had played on season and nobody was talking about him having a better arm than Elway (as silly as that sounds).

Obviously, we know Cutler wasn't worth that, and Denver totally won in the end, but Cutler did have a much better rep than Cassel at the time on the field in my opinion.

That's why i compared him to kolb. The lions from what was reported back then was ready to trade a 1ST ROUNDER for cassel.

Cassel had the same value as Kolb and Matt Schaub, but bill choose to give him away for nothing

Last edited:
That's why i compared him to kolb. The lions from what was reported back then was ready to trade a 1ST ROUNDER for cassel.

Maybe it was a favor with close friends heading to KC at the same time? Who knows.

Last edited:
Maybe it was a favor with close friends heading to KC at the same time? Who knows.

That to me is not BILL like.....Damn we gave away vrabel too, right?

Last edited:

give it a rest.

how would you know what they could have easily gotten?

give it a rest.

how would you know what they could have easily gotten?

Because it was reported numerous times during the season what the patriots could trade him for.

The lions were one of teams that really wanted him.

Last edited:
Because it was reported numerous times during the season what the patriots could trade him for.

Were teams offering firsts, or were analysts speculating that? There is a major difference between Chris Collinsworth saying it while casting a game and Oakland calling up the FO and offering it.

Were teams offering firsts, or were analysts speculating that? There is a major difference between Chris Collinsworth saying it while casting a game and Oakland calling up the FO and offering it.

Yes they did, i still remember getting excited about trading him.

Cassel in many nfl eyes was a MUCH safer bet than any over payed and unproven college qb.

These links some it up perfectly http://bleacherreport.com/articles/124677-why-matt-cassel-to-the-detroit-lions-works-for-both-teams
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/86088-where-could-matt-cassel-land-next-season

Last edited:

:rofl:7890

Now I don't care who ya are, that right there's funny.

Last edited:

Cassel had the same value as Kolb and Matt Schaub, but bill choose to give him away for nothing

According to BB, nobody was offering a first for Cassel when FA began. Even the three-way trade rumor was just that: Pat Bowlen in Denver never knew about it.

In retrospect, of course, it was to the Lions' detriment: the Lions would probably have been better off trading #20 for Cassel and using #1 on an OL to protect him rather than using #1 on Stafford.

And as for Cutler, remember that the Broncos had him under contract in 2009 for <$2M, as opposed to the $14M a team would have had to shell out for Cassel.

Last edited:
We got a high second for Cassel that turned into Patrick Chung. How in the hell can you find a way to complain about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes