PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel has put up more points than Peyton...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Matt Cassel has put up more points than Peyton....

I'll empahsize this for the haters in this thread

for THREE GAMES IN A ROW, THREE GAMES IN A ROW, PEYTON MANNING HAS LED A TOUCHDOWN DRIVE THAT WON OR SHOULD HAVE WON THE GAME IN THE 4TH QUARTER (Our defense + the refs allowed Garrad to get his team in field goal range) DOWN 15-0 AND 27-10(!!!!)

Not playing in the preseason, with a O Line that has been DECIMATED BY INJURIES. With almost no running game. Yes three games in a row, when the pressure was on the line, Peyton drove the team for a TOUCHDOWN, NOT A FIELDGOAL, 6 POINTS

Peyton Manning is the ONLY QUARTERBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. To lead a 4th quarter comeback when down 17 or more points with 5 minutes or less in the 4th quarterHE IS THE ONLY QUARTERBACK TO EVER DO THAT IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE, AND HE HAS DONE IT TWICE, IN 2003 AND YESTERDAY, HE IS SIMPLY ONE OF THE MOST CLUTCH QB'S OF ALL TIME

And with yesterday's win he passed Joe Montana for all time 4th quarter comebacks, with 32

Keep on yapping haters

Matt Cassel is not even on the same planet as Manning, not even the same solar system, throw Manning on the Patriots right not You're seeing more of what you saw last year, Cassel on the colts this year? Be real with these shock threads

you show me another QB who was up by 17 in the 4th quarter with like 4 mins left, and then commited 3 consecutive turnovers...

Please post your predictions as well.

I predict Peyton will throw more TD's, yards, have a better Rating, a better completion percentage, a better team record, and go farther in the playoffs, oh and he'll have more interceptions :D

I predict Peyton will throw more TD's, yards, have a better Rating, a better completion percentage, a better team record, and go farther in the playoffs, oh and he'll have more interceptions :D

I agree with more TDs, yards and interceptions.

I'll empahsize this for the haters in this thread

for THREE GAMES IN A ROW, THREE GAMES IN A ROW, PEYTON MANNING HAS LED A TOUCHDOWN DRIVE THAT WON OR SHOULD HAVE WON THE GAME IN THE 4TH QUARTER (Our defense + the refs allowed Garrad to get his team in field goal range) DOWN 15-0 AND 27-10(!!!!)

Not playing in the preseason, with a O Line that has been DECIMATED BY INJURIES. With almost no running game. Yes three games in a row, when the pressure was on the line, Peyton drove the team for a TOUCHDOWN, NOT A FIELDGOAL, 6 POINTS

Peyton Manning is the ONLY QUARTERBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. To lead a 4th quarter comeback when down 17 or more points with 5 minutes or less in the 4th quarter

HE IS THE ONLY QUARTERBACK TO EVER DO THAT IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE, AND HE HAS DONE IT TWICE, IN 2003 AND YESTERDAY, HE IS SIMPLY ONE OF THE MOST CLUTCH QB'S OF ALL TIME

And with yesterday's win he passed Joe Montana for all time 4th quarter comebacks, with 32

Keep on yapping haters

Matt Cassel is not even on the same planet as Manning, not even the same solar system, throw Manning on the Patriots right not You're seeing more of what you saw last year, Cassel on the colts this year? Be real with these shock threads

Wait just a minute here Mr. Dungy. While there was a time I absolutely despised Peyton Manning I must admit that I have come to respect him these last few years (it's weird because I STILL despise Saint Dungy and that whiny little ***** Polian as much as ever). But Peyton is okay in my book. Definite first ballot HOF QB and one of the best ever. Cassel's our boy right now and I support him but, let's be honest, he's no PM. There. I said it.

However, let's be real here. PM as one of the most clutch QB's of all time??? Are you kidding me?

Look. We all saw what happened yesterday. That game was gift wrapped and handed to him on a silver platter. Congrats! He had the wherewithal to take what was given to him. That says something. But he was playing with house money at that point anyway. In Minny earlier this year, he also took advantage of being given a very generous call on the field on the Addai TD on 4th down (very questionable as to whether it crossed the GL. Reminded me of Roethlisberger in the SB a few years ago).

So you say clutch. I say luck. I'd give you the benefit of doubt except that, around here, we've seen ol' Mr. Clutch spit the bit way too many times (when the pressures truly on) to swallow that line.

Before you laugh consider this, the Pats have scored 79 points a with no defensive points..yet...
The Colts have scored a total of 83 points but 7 came off Brackett's 70+ yard return of a Rosenfels fumble. The Colts offense under Manning has put up 76 points........
If somebody had told you that four games after Brady got hurt that the Pats offense would score more points than the Colts offense, what would you have said??? They are two Peyton Manning comebacks ( coupled with WTF coaching by Minn and Rosenfels coming apart) away from being 0-4........

Our RBs might not agree that Cassell's responsible for all the offensive production.

Maybe it's just me but it seems alot of people are misinterpreting the OP's intention here. Obviously Manning's better but he's just showing that Cassel is doing a fine job for us so far despite some struggles, and even the best in the league are going through their times.

It's like whenever I post comparisons of Cassel's current progress to Brady's in 2001 and people snap at me "DONT YOU DARE. CASSEL AND BRADY. DONT. YOU. DARE!" no need to get so offensive sheesh.

Before you laugh consider this, the Pats have scored 79 points a with no defensive points..yet...
The Colts have scored a total of 83 points but 7 came off Brackett's 70+ yard return of a Rosenfels fumble. The Colts offense under Manning has put up 76 points........
If somebody had told you that four games after Brady got hurt that the Pats offense would score more points than the Colts offense, what would you have said??? They are two Peyton Manning comebacks ( coupled with WTF coaching by Minn and Rosenfels coming apart) away from being 0-4........

Comparing Cassel to Manning? Wow, just when I thought this board couldent get anymore homerized. Is this like when Jackson compared Jay Cutler to Brady, and all you people went wild talking about how laughable the comparison was? As least Cutler is good.

WOW:rolleyes:

Last edited:
oh great...the 8:15 space shuttle from Planet Moron has just arrived

Maybe it's just me but it seems alot of people are misinterpreting the OP's intention here. Obviously Manning's better but he's just showing that Cassel is doing a fine job for us so far despite some struggles, and even the best in the league are going through their times.

Thanks, I was trying to state obvious without having to leave bread crumbs. Of course I'm not saying that Cassel is in Manning's category/class, just making an observation that even the best struggles and he's doing a decent job considering it's the first time he's starting in a long while and the NFL is an education every week. Look at Brady's numbers from 2001, he didn't become a HOFer overnight. And NO i'm not calling Cassel a HOF, just noting the slow and steady development which some have criticized. I was putting his stats out there relative to Manning's to show that they weren't so bad......Bottom line, they are 3-1..

:rofl:

Thats why I come here. You guys are ******* hilarious.

Peyton has been incredibly clutch this year as well. **** the numbers thing. You guys are hilarious. And he has had little help from the running game and o line and still can win the Colts most games. There is not a single QB I would want now over him or ever.

Cassel is nothing more than a system QB.

Last edited:

Manning didn't pull out the victory, and Peyton, mighty Peyton, would be 0-4 if his opponents hadn't imploded.

Oh I am sure Manning scoring a few Tds at the end of the game did not hurt against the Texans either.

Same with him putting up the needed points against the Vikings. Or coming back and winning the game against the Jags before our defense blew it again and a crap PI call.

Gotta love excuses people make for the Colts and Manning all the time. But, embrace the hate in 2008.:D

Oh I am sure Manning scoring a few Tds at the end of the game did not hurt against the Texans either.

Same with him putting up the needed points against the Vikings. Or coming back and winning the game against the Jags before our defense blew it again and a crap PI call.

Gotta love excuses people make for the Colts and Manning all the time. But, embrace the hate in 2008.:D

Yes, Manning looked awesome returning that fumble for a touchdown....

Yes, Manning looked awesome returning that fumble for a touchdown....

Oh my I was not aware this was a team sport as well.........:eek:

Last edited:

Gotta love excuses Colts fans make for the Colts and Manning all the time. But, embrace the denial is my motto in 2008.:D

There, fixed that for you.

Nobody is denying Manning made the most of the 11th hour mindnumbing cluster****s by opponents that even allowed the Colts to mount comebacks...;)

And as for the system tag, that's what you all said about the last backup we employed... Manning is a system QB too, only his system is predicated on being surrounded with long term elite talent...which sure does explain his recent struggles.

Yes. Cassel is doing as good a job for us as could be expected. No. He's not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Yes. We all knew this. Yes. There are a few people here who completely overreact to threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back