PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mathews at 22?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If say, Graham, Odrick and Spiller were taken by #22, would anyone here throw something at their TV if BB drafted Matthews in the first? Knowing his link with Pat Hill, would you doubt it after he took Mankins with a WTF pick in 2005? If you watch him, it is pretty obvious RM will not turn into a dancer in the NFL like LoMo. To me, it would be the closest thing to a 21 year old Corey Dillon. I think a lot of people here already forget what it was like to have a thoroughbred like CD in the backfield. Anyone think a 1,000 yard rusher sounds appealing?

BTW, I'm hoping for Brandon Graham at #22.

To answer your first question, yes.

I've thought about it but in the end I went with Hardesty in the 2nd round with my picks. I would be happy with Mathews but I'm not sure he stands enough above the other RB.

I'm a Jonathin Dwyer man myself..... Mid rd 2.

Really like Mathews, but if Graham is gone, and Hughes is there I'd love to see us take him. Now if They're both gone I'm all for taking Mathews in the 1st, and being more than content with Koa Misi in the 2nd.

Last edited:
CD is a good comparison. He's already suffered a knee injury and a concussion. No thanks!

more of a 3rd down back imo. not in the first round. would rather go with Best from California if everything cks out injury wise. the more and more I see mock drafts the more I see us trading down. :(

Would I be upset if Belichick judged Matthews much better than the running abcks available later in the draft? No.

Do I expect Matthews to be on Belichick's first round board? Yes.

Do I expect that there will be more value at another position or in trading down? Yes.
==========
BOTTOM LINE
Do I think Matthews is a huge reach for us at 22? No.

Last edited:
I liked Mathews last year, but we traded out of that spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill