PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matchups - Specific issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I see alot of threads on what was not done but i believe in devil is in the details so lets put the smaller things we noticed.

1) Danny woodhead - Jets put a tonne of pressure on this guy early and the coleman sack ,2 knockdowns where on him and alot of 3rd down issues.
They overloaded 1 oneside and then at snap rotated the pressure from the other ,we will see kevin just move otherway and pick him up .Danny did not.In the coleman sack they rushed taylor and coleman. Light picked up taylor as he should and the RB needed to pick up Coleman. Instead danny went to the other side of tom and released out as the pressure did not come from his side.Everytime they saw danny back there they went after danny woodhead in particular.

2)Outside WR speed , with branch covered welker did not have the legs to get ouside .He was doubled .Cro covered tate [who never catches or gets thrown to ] and hernandas which he is good at.

3) We lost Rob and Moore by 3rd quater and had NT playing end. NT are big short guys and do not have the speed to pressure that is a reason you need only 1 NT to stop the run but 2 3-4 ends to pressure.

4)The Jets rolled 1 Safety into the box and gave a 3 layered down the middle support. This meant too many players in the throwing lanes . Also with no outside threat .When you rush you have 4-5 defenders in shallow routes waiting to intercept.

5)OL - The other guys they challanged alot was vollmer and dan connlley for .Dan had a hard time with Shaun ELLIS and vollmer with Pace for some reason.The game plan was to isolate them and bring harris up on the left. IN this case you expect your right side to step up and let brady roll right. For some reason they did not play good.Vollmer was injured with shin and might be that.

Final thoughts : We got Out manned. The jets are correct when they say they have better players. we need a stud end ala 80% of seymour [seymour i still belive is a one is decade player] and ty back.I think we need to man those ends.

Needs:

WR- We need bigger guys .J.Jones perhaps. We need a guy like givens today who will smash CB mouth if they get physical.

OL:Gaurds ,OT. We need to sign mankins and try to draft a OT and Gaurd high.Light is okay still. VOllmer who i was high on never got back to preconcussion level and seems too dinged up all the time to move to LT.light ,him and kazur will be a good set or serviceable .

3-4END-Critical need right now.Our weakest stop right now. Backup Right Gaurd ,Rookie Left gaurd and Backup RT where moving the line back. we need 2 3-4 big boys .
deadrick and love as ends was a big mismatch.

I think i did not pick them up for SB as i always believed they are 1 draft away so will hold the position.

go GB. that team looks dominant.

Last edited:
I see alot of threads on what was not done but i believe in devil is in the details so lets put the smaller things we noticed.

1) Danny woodhead - Jets put a tonne of pressure on this guy early and the coleman sack ,2 knockdowns where on him and alot of 3rd down issues.
They overloaded 1 oneside and then at snap rotated the pressure from the other ,we will see kevin just move otherway and pick him up .Danny did not.In the coleman sack they rushed taylor and coleman. Light picked up taylor as he should and the RB needed to pick up Coleman. Instead danny went to the other side of tom and released out as the pressure did not come from his side.Everytime they saw danny back there they went after danny woodhead in particular.

Faulk is special. I want both him and Woodhead on the roster next year. Neither one seems like a great bet to stand up to a full season's pounding anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back