Welcome to PatsFans.com

Massport chief’s $459G goodbye

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

I mean, seriously now. :mad:

Massport chief’s $459G goodbye

By Christine McConville
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 - Updated 5 minutes ago

Massport chief Thomas Kinton, one of the state’s highest-paid public employees, is leaving the embattled airport agency with nearly half a million dollars, as he takes advantage of a controversial sick-day buyback policy the agency scratched five years ago.

Kinton earned $312,000 last year, according to Massport payroll records obtained by the Herald.

And now, thanks to the agency’s generous but curtailed buyback program, when he retires June 1, Kinton stands to collect $459,616.01 for sick days he never used during his 35-year tenure at the quasi-public state agency. He will also collect a pension of about $200,000 a year.

“This is what I’ve worked for,” a somewhat chagrined Kinton, 59, told a media scrum when peppered with questions at yesterday’s press conference. “I’ve committed 35 years here, knowing what the benefits are.”

Massport chief’s $459G goodbye - BostonHerald.com
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Roughly that is about 1.5 years of sick time he never used.. pretty absurd, not that he wasn't ever sick, but that he was allowed to carry that much over..

That law needs to change..
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

I hope he gets anal warts for the rest of his life.
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

NO public employee deserves to have a $200k annual pension. Heck, even a $100K annual pension is too much for any public employee. Their should be a ceiling on them or eliminate them all together.

The average private sector person would have to save well over $5 million to retire at age 59 and still be able to draw $200K annually. Never mind his lifetime health insurance coverage.