PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Massive Pressure VIA The Media...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I strongly feel, that it's mostly the media's fault for constantly making the sensationalistic stories of perfection for the Pats.

I mean, if I didn't care for the Pats, I would be def. be a hater as well.

Just logical...

The media is the enemy.

Belichick clearly knows this from his press conferences.

It's the media...

BOTTOM LINE...

I strongly feel, that it's mostly the media's fault for constantly making the sensationalistic stories of perfection for the Pats.

I mean, if I didn't care for the Pats, I would be def. be a hater as well.

Just logical...

The media is the enemy.

Belichick clearly knows this from his press conferences.

It's the media...

BOTTOM LINE...

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but I completely agree with this. Everyone who thought the newest "Spygate" story that broke on Friday would fire this team up was dead wrong, I think it probably felt like they had been hit with a ton of bricks. This team thought they had put that behind them and then (gag me) the Senator and (vomit) Tomase/Herald hit them with their 1-2 punch, I do feel that this team had the look of having a black cloud over them on Sunday, I believe if those stories don't become a media firestorm two days before the biggest game of their lives that this team would not have come out so completely flat.
I will never, EVER forgive fat Tomase and the grandstanders at the Herald for doing this to this team. I don't take anything away from the Giants, they played their hearts out, but I think these stories took alot of the heart out our Patriots. :mad:

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but I completely agree with this. Everyone who thought the newest "Spygate" story that broke on Friday would fire this team up was dead wrong, I think it probably felt like they had been hit with a ton of bricks. This team thought they had put that behind them and then (gag me) the Senator and (vomit) Tomase/Herald hit them with their 1-2 punch, I do feel that this team had the look of having a black cloud over them on Sunday, I believe if those stories don't become a media firestorm two days before the biggest game of their lives that this team would not have come out so completely flat.
I will never, EVER forgive fat Tomase and the grandstanders at the Herald for doing this to this team. I don't take anything away from the Giants, they played their hearts out, but I think these stories took alot of the heart out our Patriots. :mad:
But surely that's exactly what you're doing; taking away from the Giants win by saying the Pats had their heart ripped out by the "evil media".

It even goes back to the tuck rule game... in my opinion.

The media has the Pats = to the new Yankee's.

Or the Cowboys of the 90's.

The team you love to hate.

The media just keeps on ramming the BS down your throat.

Sickening...

Guess what the media weren't the people who kept letting the pass rushers onto Brady.

The media weren't the ones who let Eli escape from the pocket.

But surely that's exactly what you're doing; taking away from the Giants win by saying the Pats had their heart ripped out by the "evil media".

No, that isn't what I am saying. If you can believe that everyone picking the Pats and the media declaring them the most perfect team ever provided motivation to the Giants, which I believe it did, then the same can be said that hearing "Spygate Redux" ad nauseum would be enough to drag down a team that had played to an enormously high level all season. That is not the ONLY reason they lost, just as wanting to prove everyone wrong isn't the only reason the Giants won, but I don't think you can ignore the effect the Senator and fat Tomase might have had on this team. These player are human beings, not robot football players. I feel drained with every new allegation that comes out, I cannot imagine being the one who is being accused of all of this nefarious activity.

Guess what the media weren't the people who kept letting the pass rushers onto Brady.

If you think that the media didn't get inside of their heads just a wee little bit, then you have a lot to learn. The perfect season BS is almost like sticking a bullseye on you. It IS a mental thing.

The media weren't the ones who let Eli escape from the pocket.

That wasn't called holding????

If you can believe that everyone picking the Pats and the media declaring them the most perfect team ever provided motivation to the Giants, which I believe it did, then the same can be said that hearing "Spygate Redux" ad nauseum would be enough to drag down a team that had played to an enormously high level all season. That is not the ONLY reason they lost, just as wanting to prove everyone wrong isn't the only reason the Giants won, but I don't think you can ignore the effect the Senator and fat Tomase might have had on this team. These player are human beings, not robot football players. I feel drained with every new allegation that comes out, I cannot imagine being the one who is being accused of all of this nefarious activity.

You get what I said...

I know in 05, when my Colts got to 13-0, I felt very strongly that the media frenzy about being undefeated is what finally wore the team down. James Dungy's suicide was the final straw that year, but the storm was created by the media.

I imagine what the Pats faced this year was magnified by about 100 times but, I can still empathize, and agree with, your point. I know what you mean.

I know in 05, when my Colts got to 13-0, I felt very strongly that the media frenzy about being undefeated is what finally wore the team down. James Dungy's suicide was the final straw that year, but the storm was created by the media.

I imagine what the Pats faced this year was magnified by about 100 times but, I can still empathize, and agree with, your point. I know what you mean.

I remember when your team started talking about going undefeated in interviews, they got beat I want to say the very next week. This week, our guys finally opened up about how important it was and actually acknowledging the history, and look what happened :(
Note to rest of NFL-do not talk about being undefeated until, you know, you actually are undefeated!

I absolutely agree... there is no doubt in my mind that it had at least a little bit to do with the outcome.

The friggin media just keeps on going with the perfect season, best team ever BS... on and on and on.

It DOES play it's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes