PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Massarotti is on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! I just got home- Ordway just told Maz to go find another city to work in, because it was clear he had NO concept of what makes a Boston fan tick-especially Pats fans.I never thought his voice could get any squeakier but you should have heard him...."but that's not what I meanttttttt" " you read it wrongggggggg" !
They basically called his article a whiny reaction to the fact he's not in Belichick's circle, and that he loves Doc and Francona because they'll actually talk to him.
Ordway also touched upon the baseball vs football Sox vs Pats thing we've always had going on here in NE, especially MA- and how baseball has always been kind to the media. LOL they said something like "while Belichick locked the doors on you, Francona was baking you cookies".

Mazzie was backpeddling on his yahoo comment too. He also talked about the Herald's culpability,etc. Great show:rocker: I almost went off the road a couple of times:D

He has been "BACKPEDDLING" all afternoon. :rolleyes:

I don't always get a chance to listen to the whiner line, but I AM SO GLAD THAT I GET TO LISTEN TO IT TODAY. I so hope that it's worth it.

I love the Big Show, especially today. Massarotti is looking like an idiot.

I love the Big Show, especially today. Massarotti is looking like an idiot.

His article was symbolic of his idiocy. He deserves to be criticized for it. Afterall he believes that the media has the right to criticize others when they F up. :rolleyes:

Whiner line on now.

It wasn't as vicious as a I thought it would be, but there were a few. :D

That was good. Ordway made a good point about the fact that the haters were so gutted that there was no walk through tape that they are clinging to anything just to bash Belichick.

I think Mazz is going to copyright "Belechicklet" :rolleyes:

Missed it, anyone know if WEEI is going to replay??

That was good. Ordway made a good point about the fact that the haters were so gutted that there was no walk through tape that they are clinging to anything just to bash Belichick.

He's right too. Far from dying down after Goodell's statements, it's only gotten nastier. People are angrier now- some of them, like Mazzie, are downright crazed:D Mazz wrote an absolute rant- a hate-filled rant too.
Can you imagine a supposed professional spewing that kind of hate? Hate for the fans, too. I suddenly feel so empowered:D

Re: Masserotti is on WEEI

Masserotti should never appear on WEEI again. He's a complete moron.

He is a dope ...

There is a huge difference between starting a rumor and reporting and alleged rumor ... it's not even close. Mazz IMO now realizes he works for a rag ... he must have been in denial I guess.

Re: Masserotti is on WEEI

Mazz IMO now realizes he works for a rag ...

I don't think he realizes anything, he seems completely stubborn and close minded on his insane and biased views.

I didn't hear the whole thing but at one point Massarotti wanted to put forth a hypothetical conversation to suggest how Tomase got the wrong impression that a tape existed.

He never did so that I heard - as everyone was interrupting everyone else...

What I think he was going to try to say is that Tomase was told that Walsh had taped games and that Tomase was told that Walsh was at the Rams walk through. Tomase then assumed that meant that Walsh taped the Rams walk through.

I've seen non-reporters make similar erroneous assumptions before - so its not inconceviable - though that's bad enough "reporting" to fire someone - especially after one assumes his editors grilled him on the veracity of his sources (did Tomase admit to them it was second hand unconfirmable hearsay? Or did they willingly run the story given his truthful statements as to his source? That's what I'd like to know)

Note also that Tomase denies Walsh was his source, which in my eyes doesn't ring true - and in fact digs his grave deeper as he was using a second hand source - heresay - as his "proof" that the Patriots taped the Rams practice.

I think that Walsh was the source and that Walsh lied to Tomase and that Tomase just doesn't want to admit that he bought the story hook line and sinker.

I also think its significant that the Herald never published Tomase's explanation or apology - they do not want that in the paper of record, in the actual published archives... just as an old web blog.

If they ran the original story in its entirety they need to run the apology in the paper as well - not just on an internet blog.

Note also that Tomase denies Walsh was his source, which in my eyes doesn't ring true - and in fact digs his grave deeper as he was using a second hand source - heresay - as his "proof" that the Patriots taped the Rams practice.

I think that Walsh was the source and that Walsh lied to Tomase and that Tomase just doesn't want to admit that he bought the story hook line and sinker.

Why wouldn't Tomase disclose a source that admittedly lied to him, especially when that disclosure would undeniably help his credibility? I don't think he'd sacrifice his own standing in public opinion to save face for Walsh.

I don't buy Walsh as the source now.

He should just stick to baseball.

Thomase and Massarottie need to work somewhere else.
Their careers here are done.

Thomase and Massarottie need to work somewhere else.
Their careers here are done.
I wouldn't mind seeing them, Felger and Shaughnessy run out of town.

Although I'm not completely bothered by their presence here. We need a couple of media guys to sh!t on at times. Or else it'd be dull as hell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back