PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Massarotti continues his weekly -ve article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it. He's a boob. Well, at least nobody can accuse our writers/journalists of being homers...

Last edited:
That negative little elf should go back to the North Pole. Didn't Santa head out of here about 3 weeks ago?

Massarotti know NOTHING about football, and HE KNOWS IT. Unfortunately this is the big sports story this week and rags like the Herald make EVERYONE the have on staff write "something". I cringe everytime I read something he writes on football. He is obviously out of his depth. His columns would be concidered bad posts on this board.

Clearly I should be writing this column, and since I am also a Tufts grad, the transition should be easy. :D

BSM has a great "Mediot" of the week section for people similar to massarotti

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/gameday/

Let's close out with another round of Mediot.....of the Week!

Greg: Michael Felger, who once was an astute observer of the Patriots, being unable to find much to talk about except pathetic Belichick to the Giants rumors is my winner. Michael, what happened to you? Seriously? Take a look in the mirror. Its not that sports is the most important thing in the world, but really, you're making an ass of yourself. Have some self-respect and cover the sports intelligently and live up to your promise to not be about "Manny pissing in the walll....."

Tim: This is the best time of year as a Patriots fan. It's when some of our favorite memories have been made while our collective hearts race and emotions soar. We try to balance the excitement of the last win with the anticipation of the next challenge, knowing that the next game could be the last of the season. We are captive and we are captivated. It is a unique escape provided by the drama and pageantry that is professional football. Here in New England, we have been particularly blessed, rewarded for our fervor with a team that plays with character, intelligence, pride, and, most of all, excellence. Win or lose this Sunday, it does not, it WILL not, get any better than this as Patriots fans. We are in the rare position to reasonably assume that the New England Patriots are perennial contenders in a league designed to prevent just that. It's important that we remind ourselves of this to, if for no other reason, properly appreciate it. And no one is going to do this for us, especially the media covering this team.

Instead, we are going to get a full page spread on our sports page the day of the game reminding us that our best corner is likely leaving after this season with three week old quotes that aren't noted as such. We are going to get guys who have seen their careers advance partially due to the success and exposure afforded to them by this team tell us how delusional we are not to recognize how little chance they have of winning against the latest NFL juggernaut. We are going to get tedious and transparent arguments as these same folks race to be the first guy to predict the team's demise and make up statistics to support their flawed analysis without any repercussions. Most of all, we are going to get annoyed, frustrated, and agitated. Why? Because they aren't following this team for the same reasons. They want you to notice them. They want you to remember their name. They want a reaction. They want to take our attention and use it to augment their W-2's, or their profile, or their self-esteem. In some cases, all three.

This week I implore you not to give it to them. Let's save ourselves the aggravation and keep our attention where it belongs; on the team.

Bruce: Aside from the usual suspects we had a new contestant this week as Globe metro columnist Brian McGrory decided to weigh in on cameragate. I must've missed McGrory's similar column of outrage when colleague Ron Borges knocked down a fellow writer at a boxing match.

That negative little elf should go back to the North Pole. Didn't Santa head out of here about 3 weeks ago?

Say what's with his voice anyway? I get a headache just listening to him.

Another example of a baseball writer trying to write about football.......and showing he is literally out of his league.

Masarotti compares what Esiason said about the Patriots Mystique with the 86 year Curse against the Red Sox..

Anyone see the yawning difference?

Esiason is referring to what the Pats have done WITH THIS COACH AND MANY OF THE SAME PERSONNEL. Masaorotti is equating that with a "Curse" that went back to the days before radio, over 15 Managers and NO ONE ALIVE in 2004 with the same team as in 1919 (the first year of the "Curse").

Of course to a football neophyte like Masarotti, it's all the same.

idiot, he added the "pro bowl" argument, he found a way to incorperate the Red Sox into it. The pro bowl argument is so lame. They have some talented players like Tomlinson and Gates. But Merriman is a cheating scumbag who uses steroids to make himself talented. Other than that I see the Patriots, just as talented as the Chargers. I have never heard of this guy but he sure seems like a moron. Dont talk about football when you dont know squat about it, jackass.

And this idiot states even if the Patriots do play their best game then the Chargers will play their best game therefore the Pats will lose. Umm excuse me, but when one team plays their best game, then wouldnt the other team get crushed or look bad thanks to the other team? You cant have two teams who play their best game all season because then the defenses would have to play bad to let the offenses look like world beaters, or the defenses would have to play lights out, so wouldnt that mean the offenses stunk?. It'd be a tie or the defenses would have to allow 40 points a piece.

Last edited:
writers like these are the reason for all the -vity surrounding the baseball team...they are are now bringing in the same logic here ...all these jokers wish the pats lose because they can write more crap because they just cant do any +ve writing becos of the red sox roots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back