PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Massarotti : Careful Pats fans,Chargers are a trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows how little this guy understands the Patriots (or football for that matter). If the Pats lose to the Chargers, it won't be because they weren't ready or were lulled into complacency by last week's win or were looking a week ahead. They'd lose if Tommy threw up a stinker or the D showed too many growing pains...not because they were asleep at the switch.

Hes just laying the groundwork in case they lose he can toot his horn all week, if they win, he'll be back to tooting Felgers horn all week,

Lose by more than 1 point ... trap

Win by more than 1 point ... great game ... players were prepared.

ok....so from now until after the game, I am going to be really careful.

I may even wrap myself with bubble wrap

I guess now I'll have to be :scared:. I really didn't know that playing in SD would be tough. I'm glad that this Mazz guy told me.

Maybe all those unsold ticket in lala land is the trap?

I can't see how the Chargers do anything if Gates and Floyd aren't playing. Matthews has been fairly average and Tolbert just OK in running relief.

This is an opportunity to crush the Bolts in San Diego.

WhiteWesWelker88: Ease up on the caffiene, bro!

An away game, a continent away and a 3 point underdog against the top rated offense and defense in the NFL. A trap game? What a dope. Honestly, he's an insufferable, no talent idiot. 98.5 and the Globe should be embarrassed. But they won't be.

This Game represents one of the last few Challenges a young team like the patriots will have to confront.

The Chargers are going to be a difficult opponent because the patriots havent shown they can stop the pass and Phillip Rivers is going to be the best quarterback the pats have faced so far this season.

Although the patriots defense seems to be improving, earlier in the season they let the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mark Sanchez throw all over them, Phillip Rivers has some absurd amount of passing yardage so far this season and thats without Vincent Jackson, there is a high chance that even without his primary weapons (or secondary weapons really) he can still pass for high yardage against the patriots young secondary.

The Chargers also rank number 1 in total offense and total defense, although they attained these ranks playing against sub-par teams such as the rams and the raiders.

it would be very easy for the patriots players to see the chargers losses against the raiders and rams and think they can just steamroll the chargers and that very well may happen, however the patriots need to take this game seriously, because Rivers is a threat, the patriots are on the road and this is the first time they will have been favored (for the most part) on the road, it is an important test for a young team and it will be important to see if they respond and put their foot on the gas like they needed to against the ravens.

The good news is that the realistic worst case scenario here is a shootout between the 2 teams, it is unlikely that the chargers can stop the patriots completely, while the patriots may be able to exploit the chargers weak offensive line and get some key sacks on rivers.

another discrepancy between these teams is special teams, no team has allowed more TD returns than the chargers and also, no other team has done better in returns than the patriots, the patriots will try to exploit this no doubt, combined with the fact that the chargers have a free agent kicker, there is a huge possibility that the patriots own the special teams game in this game either through TD returns, blocked kicks or excellent field position throughout the game, i have a feeling that we will have alot of good things to say about special teams once again after this game.

Rivers is the only one on the chargers who can win this game for them, they may do a bit of damage with the run, but it will be rivers who pulls it out if he can, belichick has been known to focus in on a teams main asset and shut it down, but he hasn't been in a position where the quarterback is that player all season, if the patriots can get to rivers consistently, they win, end of story.

in the end, i see the patriots getting a win one way or another, it will be all about how the patriots and how they respond to the situation they find themselves in, if they prepared for this game and took the chargers seriously all week, i see them winning either close or going away.

not too much caffeine... too much sleep w/ this BS pneumonia. It seems like it is dying off (sorta):cool:

That's good to hear (that you're healing up a bit)

On topic, the Chargers won't be taken lightly. Mazz doing his best CHB impersonation.

On topic, the Chargers won't be taken lightly. Mazz doing his best CHB impersonation.

Tanguay mentioned trap game on sports tonight, so he must be doing his Mazz impression :D

A CHB take .... :eek:

I'm sure that the Patriots haven't been reminded all week that the Chargers have the #1 offense and #1 defense in the league. I'm sure Belichick is telling the team that they are 2-4 and this should be a piece of cake.

not even going to give him a click, but massarotti is a bigger douchebag than felger, believe it or not...i get the feeling that massarotti actually hates the Pats. felger, at least sees both sides most of the time, but massarotti is a prick ten times that of felger...

not even going to give him a click, but massarotti is a bigger douchebag than felger, believe it or not...i get the feeling that massarotti actually hates the Pats. felger, at least sees both sides most of the time, but massarotti is a prick ten times that of felger...

Mazz, is actually a very good baseball writer, but when he talks about football, he makes me ashamed that he's a Tufts grad, so I rarely take what he says with any credibility. Besides "dirty Massarotti", is one of the funniest bits I've heard on the radio (Toucher and Rich)

How could it be a trap game for the fans? The team plays the game, not the fans.

I was going to post something very similar...

It's only a trap if the Patriots take the Chargers for granted based on their record...

In terms of yards they're the #1 offense in the league, aren't they?

And beyond that the Pats want to build on a good game last week

None of that translates into the Patriots coming in to San Diego thinking this will be an easy win

4-1 vs 2-4 its a trap game, just because some fans can see this doesn't mean that it isn't. The casual fan will look at this game and say its an easy win for the Pats but it shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back