Welcome to PatsFans.com

Massarotti can't wait to contemplate the Pats' demise

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0

2. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Re: Massaroti can't wait to contemplate the pats demise

Why did I click that nonsense?

*shoves pencil in ear*
  3. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +354 / 2 / -8

#12 Jersey

This guy has come to despise BB, the Patriots and, most of all, their fans more than anyone in recent memory. He was livid at what he viewed as mistreatment of Tomase by some other media members and most fans when the Rams tape story turned out to be false. Immediately thereafter, he wrote a scathing piece about Patriots fans in the Herald which bordered on maniacal. His inability or disinclination to be impartial render his opinion worthless, in my view.
  4. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 8 / -1

I knew more about football by the time I was 10 than squeeky voice knows now.
    I don't even bother reading him or Tomase anymore. Because, I don't respect them.
  5. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

He is becoming this Pats fans media enemy #1, I don/t listen to him, read him or click on his links. He told us how he feels about fans and that's fine with me, "mazz" your dead to me!

He is # 1 followed closely by Tomase and schlereth (sp),
  6. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Visit the nearest Panera west of Boston and see him hanging out there..I saw him one day and had a few words with him..I jad met him about 8 years ago through a close friend of his..who happened to be an active athelete. He was an arrogant SOB then..even with people who respected him..just chatting with. Now, he's a complete jerk who thinks beacuse he writes for the Herald all should bow down to him. He despises the Pats because...ONE..he doesn't get anything inside from the team..LIKE Borges...who was close friends with Drew and company..and TWO because of his baseball connections and doing ANYTHING to keep the town Red Soc 24/7/265. Biased?? You bet...and his defending Tomase's LIES is typical of putrid journalism..like Ryan who I used to respect and think he's a senile piece of manure.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  7. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +636 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

You're right.

What if I don't read the second sentence?
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +880 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

He does make some good points ... most notably we don't force many turnovers like we did when winning our 3 Super Bowls. This team has too many soft spots ... I still love them but like they say ... it is what it is.
  9. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +38 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Good grief. He could have written this about the team in 2005 (and probably did), to be followed by a conference championship appearance and a Super Bowl appearance.

Successful seasons are the product of skill, planning, execution and good fortune. The days of success using pure brute talent from a cast of assembled superstars evident in the pre-salary cap era are gone. The best teams can hope for is to be in the mix at playoff time and try to win the games that matter. With all their vulnerabilities, the Pats may be in a position to do just that this year without their NFL MVP. I'm not about to welcome back the bad old days. The Pats continue to evolve and succeed.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  10. bitsygirl

bitsygirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't read any of them, either. When did any of them play football or any sports professionally ?
  11. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Mazz is just NOT a Belichicklet :D

:deadhorse:
  12. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,309 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Typical expression of the classic Boston sportswriter loser obsessed mentality.

Me, I'll read stuff here like BOR & mgteich's analysis of our young, talented and learning LB corps.
  13. TheComeback

TheComeback Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Stupid article. The Steelers have had winning seasons for what, like fifteen years in a row? There's no time clock on a franchise with great leadership. It's hard to find a better owner than Bob Kraft, and even harder to find a better coach than Bill Belichick. The Pats won't be done for a long time.
  14. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 1 / -2

The current Steelers? They did have a 3-13 season in the middle there which allowed them to draft Big Ben. The next season they went 15-1. Even good franchises have down years.

The difference is, the Patriots down years are 9-7, 10-6, etc, then they reload and go for it the next year too.

Also, when was the last time the Patriots had a GLARING weakness in it's game one year, and then didn't rectify it the following season?

2002 - Run D is soft and ineffective. Lack of a solid NT really hurts us. Next year, Ted Washington clogs that middle and our run D is solid.

2006 - Reche Caldwell is our #1 WR. We still go to the AFC title game, but the next year we bring in Moss, Stallworth, and Welker, and we break the NFL scoring records.

2008 - I still like Meriweather and I think Hobbs is a good #2. Other than that the secondary is pretty bad and has no depth. I expect a move will be made (either to the personel, pass rush personel, or scheme) and that weakness will be addressed. Until I see them NOT address a major weakness, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.
  15. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Since this clown just started covering football, he should realize that what he's been covering (the absurd Patriot success) is unusual. For all other cities, having 4 games left to determine whether you go 11-5 or 10-6 is considered "good times." If the Pats crap years are 11-5, that's phenomenal.
  16. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 13 / -9

Mazz love to talk about how old the Patriots are getting.

On the other hand he feels the Red Sox need to resign a 37 year old.... 220 avg
    no hit catcher to a 10+ million dollar contract.
  17. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,309 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Actually the Steelers have not had 15 yrs in a row of winning seasons, but that's besides the point. Your point which I agree with is that the ownership/leadership is what counts. The Steelers have a great org and it shows on the field year after year.

Their fans really suck though.
  18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I did'nt read it.
    BOYCOTT THE HERALD.
    I have'nt read it in almost a year, and I'm doing just fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.