Welcome to PatsFans.com

Massachusetts state rep arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

State Rep. Carlos Henriquez arrested on domestic assault charges - Metro Desk - Local news updates from The Boston Globe

A Dorchester state representative was arrested this morning on domestic assault charges after an altercation with a woman inside his vehicle in the South End, police said.

Representative Carlos Henriquez was arrested at about 4:30 a.m. on charges including domestic assault and battery and domestic kidnapping after the incident in the area of 21 Forsyth St., said Boston police Officer James Kenneally, a department spokesman.

The relationship between Henriquez, a Democrat who represents the Fifth Suffolk District, and the woman was not immediately clear, but authorities believe she may be his girlfriend.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

Re: Massachusetts state rep arrest for domestic violence

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he is of the sensitive class (D) god willing this will just go away.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +602 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Reading through the article it seems the man has some anger management issues. If so he should not be holding the positions he has unless he seeks treatment for his issues.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Based on the article should not hold such a position no matter how much treatment he gets...
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

Men that punch women around are cruddy cowards, God willing their intestines will do much suffering and bleeding.
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

This is the type of thing that makes me disagree with those who want more states rights. If you want corruption, incompetence, stupidity, and ignorance, look no further than your state reps. A lot of them are very unimpressive, and no one seriously scrutinizes them. Those who want to give more power to the states are for the most part giving more power to a group of ignorant blowhards. That said, however, there are of course some state reps who are really quite competent and will go on to face the scrutiny of the national media when they run for higher office.

If Henriquez is convicted he should resign or be removed from office. There is no way that someone guilty of domestic abuse can be a representative of the people.
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your argument fails because while I agree those things take place, you make no attempt to establish that they happen with any greater frequency at the state level than at the federal level.
    Amen to that, bro. Just 4 years ago, there was a guy elected President who had a ridiulously unimpressive resume and received virtually no scrutinization whatsoever.
    Actually we're trying take power away from a group of ignorant blowhards who can do incredible amounts of damage and give it to a group of ignorant blowhards who are not able to do as much damage.
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

The guy needs to resign immediately, go to jail, do not collect $200.00.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

At the federal level, politicians are scrutinized by the MSM, the opposing party, special interest groups, influential websites, and reasonably good transparency laws. At the state level, the only real check you have on politicians are the local newspapers (and the Globe and Herald do pretty good jobs, but are clearly losing influence), to a lesser degree local tv news (which tends to focus on crime and sports, not do investigative reporting), and a few special interest groups (but they are focused on legislation, not exposing corruption). It's harder to be corrupt and incompetent at the national level, in my opinion.

Well, that's your bias talking. From the perspective of people with my bias, Obama has been and was scrutinized extremely heavily. How much did we know about McCain's birth certificate, upbringing in the Canal Zone, religion, childhood friends and mentors, parents, world travels, associates, ministers, real estate transactions, etc.?
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And at the local level, politicians are scrutinized by the local MSM, the opposing party, special interest groups, influential websites, and reasonably good transparency laws.
    You have got to be kidding. :rofl: :rofl:
    Bristol Palin was more thoroughly vetted than Barack Ofailure.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

As I said, the local newspapers do uncover some corruption, but most groups spend a lot more on DC coverage than on local coverage.

Obviously you're not aware of the way state and local government work. Have you ever dealt with an inspector, a city official, a state rep, or a local rep? How did you miss the pension, probation, housing, and bribery scandals in MA? If you're from a different state, let me know, and I'm certain I'll find links to similar scandals. There is far more corruption at the local than the national level because at the national level there is far more scrutiny by both sides.

What do you know about the workings of state and local government? I do admire your innocent faith in local government though.

Well, you may be right that the right wing was thoroughly incompetent when it came to Obama, and I hope that remains the case, but in my view Obama has been far more vetted than any presidential candidate. The fact that a smoking gun was never found doesn't mean there is one. But, boy, Rmoney having a 401K with $100 million in it (when you can only give around $6k a year) deserves a thorough vetting. I sure hope Rmoney comes clean with how he's beating the tax man and why he's so wants to help out the European and Caribbean banks rather than the American ones. We could all benefit from that advice.
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's because that's where the seat of power is. It's ridiculous to think that if power shifted from the feds to the states that the media wouldn't allocate their resources differently.
    What part of my statement that they both suck did you not understand?
    And you are absolutely right when you admit that Obama is a crooked scam artist incompetent buffoon who is completely overmatched on both the national and international stage. I agree with you 100% when you say he is completely and totally overwhelmed by the office he wasn't ready for and that he is not ready for prime time.

See? I can make things up and put words in your mouth too! Please let me know if you ever want to have an honest and intelligent discussion on this matter, or if you'd rather just act like a 6 year old. I'd be happy to engage in the former, but I don't really have much time or energy for the latter.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Yes, the American people are vastly more interested in what happens in Wyoming state politics than in what happens in Washington, DC. That will sell a lot more ads than what happens in DC, and it's far cheaper to cover 50 states than the federal government. :ROFL:

The part where you responded to my point about there being more corruption at the state than federal level by saying, "You have got to be kidding."

And despite all that the Republicans were reduced to ridiculous committees by Issa that got nowhere, investigating Obama's birth certificate, and elected a two faced tax cheat like Rmoney who had one of the worst job producing records in the nation when he was governor. If you admire incompetence, idiocy, and greed, I can certainly see what you admire in Rmoney.

I don't mind a little sarcasm, and I don't look in your direction for intelligent conversation. You are always nasty, and I have your rude homophobic comments to prove it. If you want to turn a new leaf, I guarantee I'll respond likewise.
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The people in Wyoming will be vastly more interested in what happens in Wyoming state politics than they are in federal politics. As such, the Wyoming news outlets would adjest accordingly. The national news would still be national news, but last time I checked Wyoming still had a TV station or 2.
    I actually think I have turned over a new leaf over the past 6 weeks or so. It has even been something that a few others in here (people with whom I normally disagree) have commented on.

You can feel free to do likewise at any time because when discussing republicans or conservatives in general, you are easily the single most nasty member of this forum. Seriously, Patters. You recently took a post about Jerry Sandusky and turned it into another one of your tired old rants against republicans. I understand you aren't going to listen to the things I say, but when even your own fellow liberals run away from you like they did there, then maybe you should reconsider your actions.
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

If people were vastly more interested in state politics, then newspapers would be doing better, there would be more state organizations to investigate impropriety, and there would be more public pressure for greater transparency at the state level. And, as I said, it's far more expensive to set up news bureaus in 50 states, then to set one up in DC. DC will always be the focus of scrutiny, and that's why despite the size of the federal government, there are relatively few clearcut cases of corruption, at least compared to what happens at the state level.

See, there you go with your insulting b.s., making false claims about my own fellow liberals "running away." Liberals are not a monolithic block, and we sometimes do disagree with each other. We don't engage in groupthink. As far as turning over a new leaf, yesterday you and another member were banned from a thread for your tit-for-tat attacks. If you are turning over a new leaf, I think many of us will welcome it. Time will tell.
  16. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +286 / 4 / -9

centralizing corruption is a bad thing, be it private or public.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

Harry Likes This