Welcome to PatsFans.com

Massachusetts ponders marijuana decriminalization.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Oct 4, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

This is where I turn into a Liberal Loon, ALL DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGAL, THEY SHOULD SELL ALL DRUGS IN WAL-MART.

AMERICA LOVES IT'S DRUGS AND AMERICA WILL GET IT'S DRUGS.

ALL DRUGS CAN NOW BE PURCHASED IN ANY SCHOOL YARD IN AMERICA

LEGALIZE DRUGS AND SEND THE MORON DRUG DEALER WITH THE $500 SNEAKERS AND HIS BASEBALL HAT ON SIDEWAYS BACK TO CLEANING TOILETS.

PUT THE SMELLY GREASY COLOMBIAN & MEXICAN DRUG DEALER OUT OF BUISNESS.

TAKE AWAY THE WHITE ENVELOPE UNDER THE TABLE, TAKE AWAY THE PAYOFF FROM THE CROOKED COP, THE CROOKED POLITICIAN, THE CROOKED JUDGE.

TREAT DRUGS JUST LIKE ALCOHOL AMERICA LOVES IT'S DRUGS AND AMERICA WILL ALWAYS GET IT'S DRUGS, DRUGS ARE BEING SOLD RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM FROM WHERE YOUR READING THIS, LOOK OUT YOUR WINDOW, SEE THAT PIECE OF SH!T WITH THE $800 SWEATSHIRT AND THE BAGGY PANTS THAT LOOK LIKE GRAMA'S BLOOMERS, HE'S GOT A 9MM GLOCK SOMEWHERE IN THERE, THATS YOUR LOCAL DRUG SALESMAN PUT THE MOTHER F-CKER OUT OF BUISNESS STARVE HIM TO DEATH HE HASN'T GOT ENOUGH BRAINS TO WASH CARS AND HE'S GOT THREE TIMES THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU WILL EVER HAVE.

SMARTEN UP YOU F-CKING A$S HOLES LEGALIZE IT ALL, DRUGS ARE NOW BEING SOLD 500 YARDS FROM EVERY POLICE STATION AND COURT HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY.

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS THE BIGGEST JOKE ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THAT THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN.

War On Drugs Over There------------------------------------->:bricks:

3. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

ya great idea. because people are so responsible. we've seen they are responsible with their money so they could be responsible drug users.

i'd love to have a drug user under the influence on the road, or driving a bus, or going to school and teaching a kid. great message we send to our kids.

this is why you can't lower the drinking age. right now it's 21 and permeates 20, 19, and 18

if you lower it then alcohol is more readily available to high school seniors and permeates 14, 15, 16, and 17.

4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,721 / 33 / -57

No Jersey Selected

You do know this is marijuana we are talking about here and not cocaine, crack cocaine, or heroin right?

5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I peek at this forum once in awhile and being in Mass,this thread sort of caught my eye,especially this post because I just recently saw this documentary:
    American Drug War: The Last White Hope - War on Drugs

I recommend putting it on your next netflix order.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  6. MrBigglesWorth

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

didn't they say marijuana is the gateway drug?

7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,721 / 33 / -57

No Jersey Selected

That's BS and if you believe that, I'd wager to bet that you're 50+. Not trying to insult you or your intelligence but I've known plenty (PLENTY) of people who have tried pot and are not addicted to harder drugs.

8. MrBigglesWorth

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I'm 33.

There are always exceptions when you deal with large numbers. Just because everyone of these mortgages that was 100% financed to enable people to get homes doesn't mean it was a bad concept by Fannie Mae and Mac.

I just differ in opinion that if you give people an inch in leeway then they want another inch and before you know it the bar has been lowered.

Would you honestly want a judge or pilot take a smoke on lunch break and come back and provide service to you?

there is really no way to monitor it. at least if it's illegal with higher consequences it sends a message that it's not alright to do and will serve as a deterrent to some.

9. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure there are any stats to support that,in fact most marijuana users were noted to be content with marijuana alone,the same as some people are content with alcohol alone. The difference is, one's legal (therefore regulated)and one's not(therefore available to kids of all ages).

Also,marijuana's more cumbersome and has a tell-tale odor,so it's much easier and quicker to use another drug instead,such as cocaine. Or pop a pill. Dangerous stuff,and again-prohibited therefore unregulated therefore available to 9 year olds if they wanted it. Drug dealers don't ask for ID.

Seriously,watch that documentary. Greed has become such a pervasive evil, and I have no idea how we got to such a point :mad:

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

Yup, as I said, "I'm a liberal when it comes to drugs" if it's legalized the people that use it will be the same people using it now, the only difference is they will be buying it in Wal Mart instead of the school yard.

11. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Aren't people aged 50+ (55-60 or so) of the '60's/'70's generation though?

12. MrBigglesWorth

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

:rolleyes:

we don't need to be helping walmart out:rolleyes:

13. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Marijuana is the gateway drug to happiness, creativity, etc, etc, not harder drugs. I've known hundreds of pot users and I know a few that have ventured on to harder drugs. That does not mean its a gateway drug, if it was we would have an epidemic of hard drug users. Let's not get picky. Someone can abuse marijuana and it will be harmful as a cancerous substance, maybe even equal to cigarettes which doesn't have any redeeming qualities. Pot is light years away from being as lethal as alcohol. To counter some of these arguments: use a water pipe and grow your own ( not subsidising the hardcore element). Thus, my usage is criminal in that I'm breaking the law, which every American does in one way or another on a daily basis.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

CVS & Sears will sell it also---------------------:singing:

15. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Just legalize it already. It's harmless. The only people who think otherwise are just going from the stigma they received as a a child.

And for those people in this thread that are so worried about this, it's not legalizing it, it's making it so that we don't waste taxpayer money arresting, sentencing and housing marijuana users. Even if you think it's a "gateway drug" or whatever nonsensical reason you have to fear it that isn't based on science at all, throwing people in prison and giving them a criminal record for something that such a large segment of the population engages in is insane.

16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

How about your brain or heart surgeon?? The doctors/midwives who deliver your children?? The teacher of your kids or grand-children?? The list goes on and on.

Drugs that are bad for people should be kept illegal. To allow them is to throw up the white flag of surrender.

//

17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but unless we think like Bill and Hillary and Snoop Dogg we don't count.

:bricks:

//

18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Wow now you're even trying to talk like Palin. Quick, give me one proven reason why Marijuana is bad for you, and do back it up with a link.

How does decriminalizing it have any effect on surgeons using before operating? Why don't they drink before operating? You think that all of a sudden surgeons are going to start smoking pot before they operate because it's decriminalized? That would be no less legal than before, and would still be reckless endangerment. Are you really this dumb or is it an act?

It's not even worth it to argue with you on a subject like this because you don't even care what the truth is. You're so out there in your own BS that you don't even make an ounce of sense.

19. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I feel the same. It needs to be legal and sold like alchol. Tax it, regulate it and take the money away from the black market. I don't think more or less people will smoke. If you want it, it's never been hard to get and just because it's legal does not make it legal to use while driving, piloting or any such activity.

I also don't agree with the statement that it's a gateway drug. I don't think there is any such thing. I think it has more to do with individual, some people just have an addictive personality. Not that one drug leads to another.

I've always felt that there is too much money in leaving it illegal. Kick backs, payoffs and the like. There are so many resourses devoted in trying to enforce these laws, so much time and effort and it's still just a phone call away. Our prison system and judicial systems are clogged with this nonsense.

I don't agree with these baby steps. It does little but aleaviate some end user grief. It does nothing to address who is getting the money. Make it legal or not, Sh-t or get off the pot :eek:

ABC News: Marijuana Called Top U.S. Cash Crop

Not news to most of you. Why do we continue down this path. We need to tax the sh-t out of it, use some of the money in drug rehab and education. Use the funds gained and funds redirected for the greater good of this country.

:deadhorse:

20. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Why do people keep coming up with these ridiculous scenarios? Just because it's legal doesn't mean all of a sudden pilots and doctors and crane operators are going to start doing it right before they work. That would always be illegal. The same goes for alcahol. Just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone is operating on patients while drunk. Really these fears border on the hysterical.

And there isn't any credible scientific study that supports the idea that Marijuana is a "gateway drug." That's just some vague nonsense right along the lines of "reefer madness" that was invented a long time ago out of complete ignorance. It's a totally circular argument because obviously anyone who does hard drugs is going to have done everything, marijuana included, they didn't do those drugs because of Marijuana. You could find the same number of people who have tried hard drugs out of cigarette smokers, or alcohol drinkers. There isn't ONE single tangible reason that Marijuana should remain illegal.

We live in a supposed "free" country. As an adult I should be free to put whatever I want in my body, and the government shouldn't be worried about what "message they are sending me." They aren't my parents.