Welcome to PatsFans.com

Massachusetts Liberals Again Want To Tell Us How To Live

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Jul 11, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If I want to eat french fries and pizza all day, who the fukc do you think you are telling me I can't do that..? Where's the pro-choicers on this one..? Isn't it my body, my choice..?

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/health/blog/2007/07/statewide_trans_1.html

Statewide trans-fat ban gains key supporters

By Stephen Smith, Globe Staff

A statewide ban on artery-clogging trans fat lost its biggest potential roadblock today when the leading association of restaurateurs told legislators it will not fight the measure.

2. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Before you look to have an argument over every possible issue, might you do some research on trans-fat. Do you see how quickly every fast food restaurant is getting the helll out of dodge from using this fat? Not even taking a nanosecond to fight or dispute the findings. But hey, why don't you just get a syringe and a 50 gallon barrel of fat and shoot to your hearts content.

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

another over dramatic post, sinking quickly to the bottom, from our resident Archie Bunker... if a totalitarian-supporting, hateful conservative squawks in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

if they discovered arsenic was in pepsi, and decided to make pepsi without arsenic, would you then be complaining that there was a vast liberal conspiracy to tell you how to live? your partisan indignance is so misplaced and petty, one wonders if you have any integrity left on this board...

get a clue...

no where in the story does it indicate a liberal initiative to tell anyone how to live... in fact, the restaurant president was the one telling lawmakers that a statewide ban was preferred...

Restaurant Association President Peter G. Christie told lawmakers that a statewide trans-fat ban would be preferable to a patchwork of local regulations.​

if you had fries cooked in non transfat oils, you wouldn't even know the difference, so what are you complaining about? your right to be ignorant? well, no one's impeding that either...

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah... I guess extreme government over-intrusion into our lives isn't really an issue worth arguing about.
    They're "getting the hell out of dodge" because they're afraid of the government.
    You know what..? I just might want to go ahead and do that. And what the fukc right do you have to tell me I can't...?

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This analogy shows how big of a fukcing moron you are. No really... I mean, no offense... but to make that analogy is something only a fukcing retard like you could do and think was applicable.

Arsenic kills immediately. Transfat is unhealthy - there are a lot of unhealthy things every single one of us in here does. This, to me, is like the seatbelt issue. I wear my seatbelt every single time I get in the car, but I hate the fact that the government has made it a law to do so.

Yeah... sure... it's all those Massachusetts conservatives telling restaurants to ban transfats... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  6. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know an arse named Nic!

Is arsenic as bad as trans fat?

Isnt there arsenic in our drinking water?

Time for someone to start paying for my Poland Springs!

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol... it's really more a metaphor for your daily goofy-ass drama and misplaced indignance.. come out of the bubble, little boy... the left is not all out to get you...

anyhow, thanks for displaying yourself, once again, as a complete hypocrite.... you know, running your mouth with unecessary venom, right in the midst of your pity-party victim campaign against lefty posters here...

it's indeed telling that you ignored my last point... which was that you would likely never tell the difference in food cooked in transfat or not... so what are you faking "libertarian larry" on everyone about?...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

Is there anything stopping you from doing this?

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +824 / 7 / -2

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

and by the way, drama queen, arsenic doesn't always kill immediately... there are numerous instances of arsenic compounds in drinking water around the world, including Bangladesh, where some 60 million people are drinking water with arsenic traces and in severe danger...

do a little research next time before you go on one of your torrets-laiden spasms...

11. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

God that movie is awesome. Long live Roddy Piper.

12. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I actually like this ban. Trans fats are freakin horrible.
    Yeah sure, they'll kill you eventually but before you go you get to endure life of obesity and poor health. Might be worse than cigarettes.
    But there are going to be a lot of empty shelves until the cookie and cake people get the trans fat out of their products. Hope they can do it. I love that sh!t.
    Of course we're all going to have to pay a little more.
    Or a lot more.
    BTW Voorsman has good non trans fat cookies.
    I don't know if they're available in Mass, though.

13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh yeah... now I remember why you went into the killfile... it isn't the insults, it's simply the fact that you are just a completele moron who doesn't have the first clue WTF he's talking about.

So I guess it's time, once again, to take the high road... Although I do admit I enjoy how pathetic it is that you will continue responding to me even though no one's reading...

PLONK!!!!!!!!!!!

14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right now..? No. Within a couple of months..? Yup.

15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No one's forcing you to eat them.... but what right do you have telling me I can't...?

16. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Stop it, Quigs....youre sounding like one of those Earthy, crunchy dudes that want to legalize pot.

17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

LOL... what a tool... Bunker here just contradicted his entire whiney argument on this forum...

anyhow, just like last time, i'll chalk it up as this pissant's complete and utter surrender, especially considering he can never address my point... i wonder if he killed his hamster in his anger this time...

run along now, girlyman ... go yell "la-la-la-la" down the street and cover your ears... i've bleached your white flag for you... it's folded and waiting ...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

As someone who eaten at Donohue's (a bar cited in the link) more than once, I can back up the owner's statement that the switch didn't affect the quality of the food. Its not at all like the difference between McDonald's French Fries and Burger King's French fries. Which is huge. I don't know what BK did to their fries; but they don't taste real good.

19. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hey. It's for your own good.j/k
    Seriously though, I believe the ban is just for the ingredient
    that is so harmful, not the product itself.
    I'm sure the manufacturers will find a way to make the product
    without that nasty crap in it. And it's really not just the snacks that have it but other products like peanut butter is loaded with the sh!t too.(surprisingly ice cream is said to be trans fat free.)
    I understand that the trans fat ingredient is in the preservatives.
    This is going to effect the cost, no doubt.
    If they do find a way to produce these things with out the TF and it still tastes just as good will you be all right with that?

20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You are kidding right? this is Quiggy we're talking about here.