Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mass residents only

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Feb 2, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

...What to make of O'Rielly's back-door appointment of Marie St. Fleur for Lt. Gov.? Why did he pick her and how did her financial problems get past scrutinity of the campaign? I personally think this type of administrative incompetence disqualifies him from election and gives Patrick a huge boost. And how pis-ed off are you if you were running for Lt. Gov. before this "appointment"?
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Another small example along with "Uncle Teddy" of why Mass is the laughing stock of the country right up there with San Francisco.
  3. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +709 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

She was appointed because of her race and gender, not her qualifications to be governor. Interesting how tax and spend Dems don't actually like paying their own taxes.

O' Reilly has also had problems supressing the was alcohol involved investigation into the 2 sisters killed in an auto accident last fall. His major campaign contributor and organizer is a next door neighbor and spokesperson fro the family.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Wistah, sad to say, but this is why he picked Marie St. Fleur:

http://www.devalpatrick.com/

Deval Patrick will probably not win the primary, but he's certainly my choice. O'Reilly is simply a hack.

As far as Harry's comment goes, well, you know Harry. He's just envious.
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

By the same logic, I suppose we can say how law and order Republicans are actually crooks.

I'm not fan of O'Reilly, but my impression is there's no scandal here. All he did was make a request on behalf of a friend with regard to a terrible tragedy. Unless someone comes forward and suggests O'Reilly applied pressure, I don't think you can say he did anything wrong there.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

DUH:
    The liberal politically correct "mind" never ceases to amaze me. It is very obvious that this women was chosen not for her ability but for "who she is", most will agree, except, Liberals.

Many years ago my boss had to give in to this practice of "skin color hiring" the big shots wanted a "person of color" sitting at the front door desk for all to see as they entered the building, oh boy, see how wonderful we are, we aren't predjudiced.

Well this "receptionist of color" was planted at her new desk like a "rare tropical tree" for all to gaze on as they came to do their business.

Now the trouble was this "new employee" couldn't spell "cat", she didn't even know what day it was, when someone inquired as to the location of a certain persons office the new "receptionist was known to have sent them to the mens room.

My boss said to me one day, "this women is driving me crazy" I replied, "get rid of her" he said "I can't do that, she is a person of color".

Now, my boss has degrees and citations all over his office walls, he has graduated from three different business schools including Harvard.

I have a diploma on my wall, from the Eighth Grade.

I said, when you get rid of her, replace her with another "person of color", he stared at me and then walked away.

The next day, there she was, a brand new "person of color", my boss was happy.

All O'Rielly has to do is appoint a "Female Person Of Color" in her place, (one who pays her bills) a Lesbian would be even better (one who pays her bills).
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The mayor of Worcester, Tim Murray, had announced that he was running for Lt. Governor. In Mass. the race for Lt. Governor is separate from that of Governor, and traditionally is left un-connectedfor the sake of fairness. Backdoor influence within the party have always happenned to sway the effort to a preferred Lt. Governor, but it has never been made public - until this year when the political clod that is O'rielly announced his "running mate" the other week. This effectively ended the "race" and an incensed Murray and his team had to find another office to run for. I wonder if O'Rielly will make the same mistake he made once already or keep quiet so the Constitutional process can be carried out.

I think Patrick has a shot and O'Rielly has lost a lot of momentum. Lots of voters in Mass will vote for Patrick solely because they think he's Irish (not joking). This also leaves a wide open hole for a Republican (Healy) do make gains.
  8. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +709 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

What's interesting about Irishman Deval Patrick is that he has a sane energy policy. Instead of bloviating like Kerry and Kennedy, Patrick is FOR the renewable wind plant off Cape Cod, the one that the 'beautiful people' are screaming about because it will be visible from their mansions. The AG is a hack, incapable of investigating his own Lt Gov; how incompetent an AG is he and his staff? Of course he is also the guy who could not find any grounds for indicting Cardinal Bernie Law, the pedophile priest enabler and cover up leader. Just in cast the commomwealth ever elected a competent AG, Law shuffled off to the Vatican to hide with his buddies.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

THE VATICAN SHOULD HAVE "DEFROCKED" BERNIE LAW, CARDINAL BERNIE BELONGS IN PRISON NOT THE VATICAN.
  10. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +709 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Of course. But MA's chickens**t AG passed on the opportunity to bring this career criminal to court.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I strongly suspect there are more liberals than conservatives who agree with you on that.
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I totally agree with your post. The governor's seat in Mass is fascinating because the voters don't seem to care what party the candidate belongs to. Up until the last one-and-done liar, they've done a pretty good job. Personally, Healy is screwed because of her proxiMitty to the outgoing creep, whether or not she deserves a shot. O'rielly is incompetent as hell. Patrick moght make it as a political outsider. If his campaign doesn't jump all over this opportunity, then he picked a bad group.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Actually, Pissah, isn't it liberal MA that led the fight to expose the whole issue and force the church to pay up? Our liberal state took the lead, and others followed. Give Massachusetts credit on this issue, though I agree that Law should have paid a higher price.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

I also believe in the "Legalization" of all drugs from Heroin right down to Pot.
    (The crime associated with Illegal Drugs would stop overnight, the Smelly Columbian and Mexican Drug Dealers would have to go to work cleaning toilets).

I also believe in Abortion up to a certain amount of time, I "DO NOT" believe in Abortion on demand for little "Teen Age Sluts" I believe "Coke Addicted" women who keep getting knocked up by different men should have mandatory abortion, if they repeat they should be sterilized.

If a teenager seeks an abortion her Parents and the Police should be notified.

Ted Kennedy should be put on trial for the MURDER of Mary Jo Kophecne.

Every Islamic Mosque in America should be "wiretapped".

Middle Eastern looking men should be profiled at all Airports, because "THEY WILL STRIKE AGAIN".

The Military should be guarding our borders and Seaports North & South, because "THEY WILL STRIKE AGAIN".

We should decalre a "Month" as "Eskimo History Month"
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Didn't like that one did ya :rocker:
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Why, you ... you ... you liberal you!

A little stereotyping here, maybe?

I hope you're joking.

What if she is from an abusive household, and who decides if it's abusive? What if she was knocked up by a family friend, and feels her family might blame her? What if she's from the sort of household, where she would be disowned or otherwise rejected for having been abused (such as a certain type of fundie Muslim household)?
  17. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +709 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

It was the Boston Globe which always loved bashing the church anyhow but this time did a fair well researched and much needed job exposing the pedophilia in the church. The other major force was a group of church laity, something-or-other of the Faithful which continually held the heirarchy's feet to the fire. Organized boycots of Sunday colletion plates which finally forced some belated action by the church. Way too little and decades too late.

My point on the AG holds. He avoided the issue like the plague. He's spineless, incompetent and stupid.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

The true meaning of the word "Stereotype" is, Telling It Like It Is.

The "War On Drugs" is a joke.

Let the addicts go to it legally, they are going to do it anyway, "illegally".

If I had a teen age daughter and a Doctor performed an abortion on her without my knowledge, I would quietly get my affairs in order, say goodbye to my family and then I would KILL the Doctor.
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

That's exactly why the law should not require parents be notified.
  20. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And if some guy even cazier than you found out that you killed his doctor without his knowledge, he would quietly get his affairs in order, say goodbye to his family, and then KILL the muderer.

By the way, somehow I think you'd have the same reaction even if your daughter was over 18 and old enough to make her own decision.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006