PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mason Was Benched Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Mason!

You can see the scoreboard really well from the bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I love when the mostly NY based media base says "many predicted the Jets to go to the Superbowl". Who outside of New York and New Jersey and besides fat Wrecksie picked them to go to the Superbowl?? :confused: :confused:

I think the best thing the Jets can do and I think it will happen soon if thier offense remains stagnant is fire Shottenheimer.

Marty's son stinks as an OC,should be canned.

I think the best thing the Jets can do and I think it will happen soon if thier offense remains stagnant is fire Shottenheimer.

Marty's son stinks as an OC,should be canned.

I think he's doing a great job and should get a contract extension.

Personally, the issues in NY seem almost too obvious to me - There is no veteran leadership.

You got no one in that locker room that will walk up to those Prima Dona receivers and tell them to shut the hell up.

Of course, all that being said - My suggestion is to not change a thing - This should be fun to watch.

The biggest problem for the NYJ is not their OC. It's their HC. The guy is arguably the biggest egomaniac in the league right now. Yes, even bigger than Jerry Jones.. And he's accomplished NOTHING.

The jets need to get rid of him before they have any hopes of getting better.

I'd give a kidney for the Jets to fire Schottenheimer and bring in a new OC with a new system midseason. Can you imagine Sanchez having to adapt to a new scheme and a new offensive philosophy on the fly? It'd be gold, Jerry, gold!!

The biggest problem for the NYJ is not their OC. It's their HC. The guy is arguably the biggest egomaniac in the league right now. Yes, even bigger than Jerry Jones.. And he's accomplished NOTHING.

After two straight AFCCG's in his first two seasons, no matter how they made it into the playoffs, the Jets are in no rush to fire Rex Ryan. There is no personal opinion about his merit or lack thereof in the previous sentence either. It's just a fact that they won't fire him for a while, even if it's based solely on that fact.

I'd give a kidney for the Jets to fire Schottenheimer and bring in a new OC with a new system midseason. Can you imagine Sanchez having to adapt to a new scheme and a new offensive philosophy on the fly? It'd be gold, Jerry, gold!!

God could prove that he loves the Patriots by finding a way to get Mike Martz in as the O.C. of the Jets.

Rex wasn't hired to coach this team to a Superbowl. He was hired by Woody to sell PSLs. He has succeeded, to a certain extent. He'll be fired when the fans and NY media realize that he's not going to get them to the SB, but he will have served his purpose. He put the Jets ahead of the Giants in the NY media.

Last edited:

Rex the biggest ego on this team, and that has a deliterious effect on everyone else.. their inflated view of themselves, makes losing all that much more difficult.

As long as the new system can be taught to Sanchez in terms of traffic light colors, he'd get it. :p

The problem is most certainly NOT their OC. It doesn't matter one whit who is designing the offense, or calling in the plays, if the players cannot execute them. Unless and until the JETS stop collecting talent and start building a team, they won't make it to the SB and their seasons will always be a roller coaster of emotions.

As long as the new system can be taught to Sanchez in terms of traffic light colors, he'd get it. :p
Are we sure Sanchez isn't red-green color-blind? :D

I don't want to see another Bill as HC in the division...thats Bill Cowher

Cowher would right that ship...lets hope he goes elsewhere

My hat is off to Rex. When Wes made the "footsies" comments last year, Rex said he believed Wes was benched for those comments and that BB was actually showing respect to Rex for doing that.
So the time comes when one of his players mouths off to the opposing (in this case Mason on BB) coach and Rex put his money where his mouth was and actually benched a player that might have been the difference for the Jets.

My hat is off to Rex. When Wes made the "footsies" comments last year, Rex said he believed Wes was benched for those comments and that BB was actually showing respect to Rex for doing that.
So the time comes when one of his players mouths off to the opposing (in this case Mason on BB) coach and Rex put his money where his mouth was and actually benched a player that might have been the difference for the Jets.

Sorry,but Mason has not been a difference maker in years and he would not have been yesterday...the guy should have retired a year ago.

Sorry,but Mason htipas not been a difference maker in years and he would not have been yesterday...the guy should have retired a year ago.

You have a point. Though a bit overstated. Wasn't that long ago that he was in for tryouts in NE and there was a lot of excitement on this board for it to happen.
So I still tip my hat.

But don't get me wrong. I still think Rex is basically a blowhard.

Last edited:
I think he's doing a great job and should get a contract extension.

Personally, the issues in NY seem almost too obvious to me - There is no veteran leadership.

You got no one in that locker room that will walk up to those Prima Dona receivers and tell them to shut the hell up.

Of course, all that being said - My suggestion is to not change a thing - This should be fun to watch.

When you have players like Holmes, Plax, and Tomlinson, once you start losing, your team is a threat to implode.

Mason is a washed up receiver. I remember jets fans loving this move..how is it turning out there guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes