PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mason re-signs with the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though he's old I still think he has some stuff left, so I was hoping.......

There isn't much left out there, and the WR corp of the Pats is pretty barren.......

This is a pretty big blow. Everyone on this board has to consider T.O now, he is a hwll lot better than anyone left.

draft one early.

You mean move up in the draft so someone won't steal your guy...and have that guy be Chad Jackson?
Or are we talking about that stud Bethel Johnson?

I have little faith in their WR selections, they even pick cripples.
Maybe Josh Reed really is a stud WR that was just hiding out......prolly not!!

We might have to draft WR help.

Seemed a logical fit here, but were there any actual reports of interest this time around?

I find myself a lot less concerned than most people seem to be about the WR situation.

I find myself a lot less concerned than most people seem to be about the WR situation.
If Tate can be a decent (relative to his inexperience, of course), player then I have little concern. If we go back to Aiken and Stanback - concern.

You mean move up in the draft so someone won't steal your guy...and have that guy be Chad Jackson?
Or are we talking about that stud Bethel Johnson?

I have little faith in their WR selections, they even pick cripples.
Maybe Josh Reed really is a stud WR that was just hiding out......prolly not!!

Just to be clear:

Busts: Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson
Successes: Deion Branch, David Givens, Julian Edleman (most likely)
Unknown: Brandon Tate

Guess Branch and Givens don't fit in with your "Belichick sucks, he can't draft, the Pats are doomed" narrative.

Well that's a blow; for some reason I really hoped nad thought he'd sign here.

One of the first 4 picks will probably have to be a WR, it looks like.

So far we haven't improved one bit from last year.

I know everyone is going to reply with "We're only x amount of days into free agency!" or "Taking care of our own is the first priority" but it would have been nice to at least sign SOMEONE new to the team.

Just to be clear:

Guess Branch and Givens don't fit in with your "Belichick sucks, he can't draft, the Pats are doomed" narrative.

you forgot PK Sam....then you have Matt Slater......the pats can't afford to draft any of these special-teams-only guys......they have to have the capacity to be at least somewhat productinve in the passing game

and givens and branch would never be drafted for the scheme which they deploy now

Last edited:
Just to be clear:

You wanna be clear?
I don't remember saying Belichik sucked- show me, I said I have little faith in their WR selections, I also never said the "Pats were doomed", so do me a favor homer........

Last edited:
If Tate can be a decent (relative to his inexperience, of course), player then I have little concern. If we go back to Aiken and Stanback - concern.

Tate, and Welker's rehab are the two big wildcards in the equation. Without knowing how much faith the team have in them it's tough to gauge what sort of additions are needed.

Personally I have confidence in Moss and in Edelman. If Tate, and/or Reed can be decent until Wes returns, then I don't see it as a huge need for this year.

you forgot PK Sam....then you have Matt Slater......the pats can't afford to draft any of these special-teams-only guys......they have to have the capacity to be at least somewhat productinve in the passing game

and givens and branch would never be drafted for the scheme which they deploy now

HOMERS have SELECTIVE memories, they are pathetic at best, jumping to the rescue whenever someone even remotely questions the gods that they get down on their knees for.

Bah

This might be a dumb guess, but maybe BB is expecting ALOT more from B. Tate then we on the board are. We are penciling in as #5...

How would you guys feel if we started him #2 opposite of Moss with Edelman in the slot. He did look like he could stretch the field when Brady overthrew a bomb his way. He's got speed as well based on the reverse play.

Who knows, just a thought.

That sucks. I was hoping he could be the Pats' #2. Maybe the Pats expect Branch to be released after Marshall is traded to the Seahawks (assuming he is) or that Welker will really return for the start of the season (I am hopeful, but you gotta approach the offseason like he isnn't).

I still don't see the downside of signing TO.

-Cheap
-Most likely a one year deal and there's no cap this year
-one of the greatest wr's of all-time

TO, Laverneous, or Branch take your pick :)
There's also Josh Reed I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye