PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mascot challenge: Pat Patriot vs. Steely McBeam

Status
Not open for further replies.

37Harrison

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Fellow fanatics, we must unite and help our beloved Pat Patriot defeat Pittsburghs' Steely McBeam!

He is currently losing (45% to 55%)... how are we letting this injustice continue? This is a pressing and urgent issue at hand. Gas prices, terrorism, global warming, spygate... these things are nothing compared to the battle between these two colossal titans of styrofoam.

Vote now! It's not too late, we must not concede defeat!

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10852261

R1-NEvPIT.jpg

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe that I clicked on the link and voted. This truly IS the off season. I have to admit that the accompanying article was pretty good, though (excerpt):

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Let's get one thing straight right before the nasty e-mails flood my inbox. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] We did not forget to post a picture of Steely McBeam. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] We are not anti-Steelers or Patriot lovers either. (Truth be told, I'm a Steelers fan!) But it's hard to have a NFL mascot contest when a certain team doesn't give you access to a photo of their own mascot! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] The Steelers said because Steely McBeam is so new, they would like to give him another year or two before they put him out there for a popularity contest. I think we all know the response to that -- Cattle dung! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Let me tell you what they really wanted to say -- "Not many people like Steely, so it's probably not a good idea to put him in a contest where he's going to be made fun of and humiliated."

So here we are with Pat Patriot losing a "scariness" contest to an invisible mascot, whose only previous successes have seen him win a Bill Cowher look-alike competition and a place in a Village People Tribute Band ...

Come on folks! Think of the humiliation.

images

[/FONT]

Last edited:
I never understood why the Pats mascot isn't just wearing a regular tri-cornered hat. I mean, the Flying Elvis looks the way it does because it's a 2D profile. A 3D mascot would actually be wearing a tri-cornered hat [minus the mullet in the back] (which has pretty much always been the symbol for the Pats)

Last edited:
OK, tthe Patriots mascot sucks, but McBeem leads 55% to 45% as of this writing? Something tells me Pittsburgh homers are voting en masse.

I've never heard of Steely McBeam. Cool name though.

They should have called the Steelers mascot Steely Dan. :D

The guy who set it up admitted to being a Steeler fan.

That would explain why the question to vote on was worded in the manner that it was.

Which is the Most Fierce?

Shouldn't we ,ALL be voting for Steely McPoofter so the Steelers have to suffer through him being omnipresent? Shouldn't we, honestly be trying to push this superwuss of a mascot down their "we hate mascots, we're blue collar" throats? Doesn't the mascot that looks like a reject from the village people deserve to be plastered all over T-shirts, stadium walls, and other Steelers memorabilia everywhere? Maybe he can do a strip-tease for all those blue collar tough guys with a terrible towel. :rofl:

Sorry but Steely McHaggis is officially the gayest mascot in history as far as I'm concerned, and I want him to win big over every other mascot in the contest so Pittsburg is forced to accept their latent homoerotic tendencies. Steely McBeam in '08!!! :rocker: ;)

Also, I can't believe we as Pats Nation are limited to 4 or less emoticons per post. I'm shocked and saddened by this revelation and if Steely were the president of this board, I'm sure he'd allow at least 7 emoticons per post. :singing:

Nobody on the Steeler forums is mentioning the vote, they're refusing to be associated with the Village People wannabe. My guess is the vote is more "vote against the Pats" but I say we go ahead and vote Steely McBeam out of the closet.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! I cannot believe that I clicked on the link and voted. This truly IS the off season. I have to admit that the accompanying article was pretty good, though (excerpt):

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Let's get one thing straight right before the nasty e-mails flood my inbox. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] We did not forget to post a picture of Steely McBeam. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] We are not anti-Steelers or Patriot lovers either. (Truth be told, I'm a Steelers fan!) But it's hard to have a NFL mascot contest when a certain team doesn't give you access to a photo of their own mascot! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] The Steelers said because Steely McBeam is so new, they would like to give him another year or two before they put him out there for a popularity contest. I think we all know the response to that -- Cattle dung! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Let me tell you what they really wanted to say -- "Not many people like Steely, so it's probably not a good idea to put him in a contest where he's going to be made fun of and humiliated."

So here we are with Pat Patriot losing a "scariness" contest to an invisible mascot, whose only previous successes have seen him win a Bill Cowher look-alike competition and a place in a Village People Tribute Band ...

Come on folks! Think of the humiliation.

images

[/FONT]

Here he is! http://news.steelers.com/article/79974/

That is the most homoerotic mascot name I've ever heard. And why the "Mc"? Where does Steely McBeam go to drink, at an Irish bar called the "Man Hole"?

That is the most homoerotic mascot name I've ever heard. And why the "Mc"? Where does Steely McBeam go to drink, at an Irish bar called the "Man Hole"?
:rofl: Nice!

There's a radio station in Pittsburgh that portray's him as gay. They always act like their cutting him off before he says something nasty. Today, he was part of security at the Igloo for the Penquins game tonight, they cut him off as he was making a guy bend over and was about to use his beam. I don't think anyone in Pittsburgh likes Steely McBeam, a name that was chosen out of hundreds that were summitted by the Steeler fans.

I've voted, if we're knocked out by Steely McfreakingBeam then i'm changing to a different team.

I kid, i kid. Still that'd be pretty disturbing. So do your bit guys!

There's a radio station in Pittsburgh that portray's him as gay. They always act like their cutting him off before he says something nasty. Today, he was part of security at the Igloo for the Penquins game tonight, they cut him off as he was making a guy bend over and was about to use his beam. I don't think anyone in Pittsburgh likes Steely McBeam, a name that was chosen out of hundreds that were summitted by the Steeler fans.

I'm lovin' that story!

Seriously... Steely McBeam?????????

We lost to a gay mascot. This offseason only gets longer.

From Steelers.com:

Steely McBeam was the winning entry among more than 70,000 names submitted by Steelers fans around the world.

70,000, and Steely McBeam was the best the Squealers PR staff could come up with. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Losing. Balloting runs through June 10.

This is one of those lose-lose situations. We win, we only beat a gay mascot. We lose, then we lost to a gay mascot. It's like winning a tough fight to a midget, but worse. It's a gay mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye