Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mary Tyler Moore Sleeps With A Lobster

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

Mary Tyler "Big Mouth" Moore:

A few years back this "Looney Loopy Whacko" went all over the country whining about Lobsters being boiled, she said the hot water hurt their little feet. (Maine Lobster Men Hate Her, They Would Like To Boil Her)

She held a news conference one day, she was sobbing, and her 20 inch lips were quivering, her numerous "face lifts" were becoming undone, she wailed as loud as possible "SAVE THE LOBSTERS" then she held on to one of her fellow blubbering nitwits making believe she was going to faint.

The news conference ended, Mary and the group of ding dongs with her that were all wearing "Jimmy Carter" tee shirts then left, Mary said she "was to upset to continue"

One camera man and a reporter followed "Big Mouth" and her little group of blathering saps, then it happened "Oh MY God", they entered a big fancy "Steak House" in Beverly Hills, yes it was true, "The Lobster Saviour" was going out to dinner.

This "PHONY Liberal DO-GOODER" that grieves for Lobsters that are Boiled was going to sit down to dinner and have a 2lb Sirloin Steak that was carved off some poor Cow that had been smashed in the head by a drunken “Steer Killer” with a sledge hammer and then had it's throat cut with a butcher knife, the poor bastard Cow desperately tried to say “Moo” as gurgled and died, dead.
    Mary “Big Mouth” Moore ate him, medium rare with mushrooms.

(Listen closely the next time you Boil A Lobster, they scream when they are first submerged) my father said to put a little salt in the water then submerge the head first, this knocks them out before the boiling water can get to their bowels and urinary tract and they will feel no pain.
    I sent this information to Mary Big Mouth.
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I've always boiled our lobsters that way, and I didn't know they had feet!!! Thanks for the update!!
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +450 / 6 / -2

Harry, I have virtually no idea what that post above is about, but I do hate lobster, so don't hate me. :help:
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So how come the salt in the Atlantic and Pacific doesn't knock the Lobsters out? Perhaps all Lobsters sleep throughout their entire lives until a bunch of evil crabs grab them and throw them into the Lobster pots?:D

Any type of a narrow knife or even a screwdriver inserted into Pinchy's neck just below the head moments before he goes in the pot protects your dinner and saves the animal a miserable death. I don't think that's a terribly unfair request.
  5. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the thing is, almost 99% of the time, when someone goes off the deep end trying to save a lobster or something, they are also Pro-Choice.
    a few months back i was reading a story about how Whole Foods was vowing to never sell some endangered kind of fish, i already forgot what is was. Immediatly I said to my wife, I bet you anything they contribute to Planned Parenthood. So i googled Whole Foods Pro-Choice. Sure enough, there was big article that listed corporate donors to Planned Parenthood.

You see, theres something, i dont want to say evil, but something really backwards about animal worship or people who have a bizarre, over the top caring for living things ABOVE people. And I think its part of the de-sensitivity we have over life in this culture, the first generation to legally kill millions of unborn babies, a generation of kids shooting each other.
    some say it starts with killing animals, when young people torture animals they almost always grow up to be violent toward humans. But i think the other side is true as well
    When you worship animals, you are lowering the value of human life.
    think about it, how many people have you heard of who treat their pets like their husbands or have PETA mentalities or cry over lobsters are Pro-Life?
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  6. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What's the big deal? If the hot water hurts their little feet than
    cut their little feet off.
    Problem solved. Next.
  7. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Abortion is legal and it's going to stay legal. Not necessarily because the radical pro lifers don't have the will to stop it. They've proven they have that will over and over again by blowing up clinics, assasinating doctors and more commonly other assorted acts of thugery.

No, it stays legal because the people pro lifers vote for want it to stay legal. If it went away, where would the carrot on the stick come from, eh? The evangelicals wouldn't get off their sofas for 5 minutes to go vote if they didn't have a pro choice canidate to vote against. They'd be pacified.

Personally, I view abortion as completely irrelevant to the future of this country. The issue has been decided for 3 decades. I don't think it's something that's particularly pleasant, and I don't believe it should be used as contraception (though that is a myth anyway) but then again, I don't believe the govt. should be telling women what they should do with their bodies.

If that makes the pro lifers mad then so be it. They're in the minority.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

Salt Water In The Ocean:
    I asked my father the same thing, he walked out of the room.

When Mary (Big Mouth) Tyler Moore was on her "save the lobster sh!t" some guy up in Canada caught a lobster that was as big as a German Shepard it was in all the papers, he was going to donate it to some aquarium, Rush Limbaugh heard about it, he bought the Lobster and had friends over for dinner, he had his picture taken holding one of the Claws and sent it to "Big Mouth" she hasn't mentioned Lobsters since, she must have some other screwball cause now.

I got drunk once and shot a lobster, my wife wouldn't cook it.
  9. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

really? You know how I vote? I happen to vote Democratic 90% of the time.
    And I dont blow up abortion clinics. That was a couple of ignorant, sweeping, generalizations you made there.

also, you must be young to think 3 whole decades compared to human history is a very long time. Im not saying there is a snowballs chance that abortion will go away, but I would like there to be a reasonable discussion in this country about some common sense limits ( hmm, maybe no third trimester abortions maybe??) and much more talk of the alternative of adoption. btw, most americans, when ask, favor some reasonable limits, not the abortion on demand we have now.
    liberals often wonder why conservatives wont agree to a few common sense gun control measures. its the same on the left and abortion.

but lets get back to the topic at hand, Mary Tyler Moore and lobsters.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Not that I trust polls, I don't, but they're more reliable than biased opinions. You're making stuff up base on your pre-conceived notions. I did some work for you. I find research offers clarity when facts are useful.

Conducted May 5-7, a Gallup survey of 1,005 adults discovered that a majority—71 percent—believe animals are entitled to some protections from harm and exploitation. But just 25 percent think that animals deserve the same rights as people.

...Interestingly, of the 25 percent who say that animals deserve the same rights as people, many nevertheless objected to limitations on animal use. For instance, 48 percent reject the notion of banning medical research on animals; 38 percent oppose prohibitions on testing products on animals; 23 percent don't support greater regulation of farm animals; and more than half oppose banning all types of hunting.

http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/jul03/030715f.asp

CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll. Jan. 19-21, 2007. N=1,008 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3.

"Would you like to see the Supreme Court overturn its 1973 Roe versus Wade decision concerning abortion, or not?"
    Would -29%
    Would Not - 62%
    Unsure - 9%

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

25% does not equal 62%. But don't worry, opinion on abortion is definitely trending towards restriction as the other questions on the poll suggest.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +450 / 6 / -2

I'm pro-life. Abortion is murder, it's that simple. I'm a realist though, and I do see that there are instances with which abortion is necessary. My problem with the pro-kill crowd, is there insistance that said murder is a "right". As if an unborn baby, with a beating heart, is some tatoo from a bad night of drinking. Ah, just get rid of it eh? I wouldn't hold a sign, or march on washington to overturn Roe V. Wade, but the insistance by some that murder is a right, is really disturbing to me.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +450 / 6 / -2

Well, you all know what I think about polls. They're usefull and all, but never representative to the extent so many think. Roe V Wade. How was the question framed? Did overturning Roe V. Wade equate to those polled that abortion would be abolished in all forms? Basically, as 3 to be 4 said, and as I feel, how would the results have been were a more sensible question asked? How would the poll results look if people actually saw, and learned, what the different stages of an abortion were, and what an aborted fetus actually was?
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

They are useful when someone makes an unsubstantiated claim about public perception and opinion as 32b4 did. When the numbers are drastically different than what someone claims, well beyond the MOE, than they can be used to refute such a claim in a forum like this. There is a certain amount of statistical science involved, but I liken polling statistic science to the science of psychology, good for little, but necessary for some.

The whole context of the polling can be found in the link I provided. As I said, it also shows a trend towards favoring opposition to abortion. I was apathetic to the issue until I had kids. Having kids changes a lot of perspectives.