PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marvin Lewis' face was priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ol' Marvin was trying to put on a brave face over playing the Steelers for a third time. :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
Ol' Marvin was trying to put on a brave face over playing the Steelers for a third time. :D

Yep...their D is giving up 30+ points per game...looks like we may just play the Colts in the AFCC after all (re-seeding).

It'll take a big turnaround job from Marvin to win next week with the way that team is playing.

I just don't see it happenning.

Last edited:
If cincy loses then the steelers will go to indy. The winnder of Pats jags would go to Denver.

patsfan13 said:
If cincy loses then the steelers will go to indy. The winnder of Pats jags would go to Denver.

As best i can see ... these Patriots have a better-than-even chance of beating the Broncs in Denver ... while Pitts has about 4 chances in 10 of beating the Colts at the Dome.

What do y'all think?

PittvsNE in the Championship game would be just fine by me. My football watching buddy is a steelers fan so I'd like to avoid that little confrontation for a few weeks.

flutie2phelan said:
As best i can see ... these Patriots have a better-than-even chance of beating the Broncs in Denver ... while Pitts has about 4 chances in 10 of beating the Colts at the Dome.

What do y'all think?
Pit is on a roll, Cincy is showing their youth and inexperience: advantage Pit.
Neither NE or Jax have any particular momentum heading into this game; Jax is young and inexperienced, NE is seasoned and playoff tested; Del Rio v Belichick: advantage NE

If the above matches play out as expected:

Pit will take a healthier Rothlisberger into Indy and run the ball down Indy's throat, eating up clock and wearing down the defense. They will use the playoff game plan on punishing the Indy WRs and the San Diego playbook on pressuring Peyton to force turnovers. Finesse isn't much for winning when faced with a physical team in the playoffs: Advantage Pit.

Denver will be left trying to beat NE with their passing game after the front seven stuffs the running game. Denver uses their D-line the same way NE uses their LBs, this puts the pressure on the O-line, which played Denver with two rookies then and plays them now with two first year players. The NE running game should be stronger with a healthier Cory Dillon and lead blockers such as Pass and Ashworth. Kaczur is getting pretty decent at pass protection and Dante will have 16 games of tape to coach up his guys on the Denver stunts - and he has coached with Denver's D-line coach under Carroll. Tom Brady: Advantage NE.

If Pit comes to Foxboro: Brutal game, but young Mr. Rothlisberger still has a lot to learn and still tries to scramble and improvise: Advantage NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back