PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marvin Lewis comments - team compositions (dry topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My awareness went up too and it led me to conclude Marvin should probably STFU about other coaches teams (as Brady suggested Schottsie do) and and find somebody who knows what he's doing to critique the way the Bengals have been constructed, and then listen. I mean, it's not like Marvin has unveiled the ultimate blueprint for success or anything... :bricks:

My awareness went up too and it led me to conclude Marvin should probably STFU about other coaches teams (as Brady suggested Schottsie do) and and find somebody who knows what he's doing to critique the way the Bengals have been constructed, and then listen. I mean, it's not like Marvin has unveiled the ultimate blueprint for success or anything... :bricks:
Is this a sibling rivalry that goes way back or something"?

I would expect you to be more charitable to twin brother MarvLewisRocks.

......it's not like Marvin has unveiled the ultimate blueprint for success or anything... :bricks:

Depends how you measure success. Could be he measures success as the number of times his players beat their rap.

I'm kind of amazed that he would publicly slam the way his competitors run their teams, naming names. NOT the way I'd want my executives behaving. (If you're a TE or interior lineman, what do you think of the Bengals from now on?) What turned me off most, though, was his response to the string of arrests on his team -- laughing that one of the guys involved left as a FA so it's not his problem any more.

There is more than one way to build a successful team. The Patriots have demonstrated one, the Colts another. The Bengals, meanwhile, have been the cautionary tale: lots of raw talent but no character or discipline doesn't get you to the top of the mountain.

Depends how you measure success. Could be he measures success as the number of times his players beat their rap.

After a very good rookie year, Marvin Lewis, IMHO is becoming one of the most over rated HCs in the league. For the past 2 years his teams have vastly UNDER ACHEIVED compared to the talent on the roster. And as you have mentioned, the behavior of his players reflects upon the direction he has set for his team. He chose talent over character and he's reaped what he has sown. This article is revealing. It shows his immaturity commenting on another program and zinging an ex-player. Its something you wouldn't see BB doing.

I don't know why the media keep fawning over him. He's just Herm Edwards II without any playoff wins

Last edited:
The Bengals travel outfits:

jumpsuit.gif

So what I puled out of this is Marvin doesn't think you can win without wr's and building the o-line and TE's is the wrong way to go. About what I'd expect from that loser organization.

His approach does seem to differ from the Pats, doesn't it? He didn't mention a single defensive position as a "premium position" warranting a high ration of cap money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots