PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marvin Lewis: 'Cincy Police Profile Players'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt the need to clarify who I am (which includes my race, my sex, political perusasian and apparently my adulthood) because you insinuated that I was conservative and therefore racist because I believe that Marvin has embarrased himself by blaming the Cincy police for the large number of arrests of his players. In fact, I do believe that in many cities across the country the police use racial profiling a reason for stopping black motorists. However, I don't agree with Marvin (or you) that his players are being racially profiled by the police because the majority of them have not been arrested for traffic violations but rather, as you say "common crimes", though that does not make them less violent or dangerous to the general public. I don't need to know the statistics of racial profiling in Cincinnati to know that Marvin is making excuses for the bad behavior of his players.

I'm surprised that your clarification didn't include information about your height, weight, etc. ... since those characteristics are as relevant as your race and gender.:rolleyes:

I "insinuated" that you were a "conservative" by asking you a question? :confused: I'm sorry, but in the world I live in, one generally asks a question to get an answer, not to make an insinuation. I'll be more careful now that I know that a question is equivalent to an "insinuation" in your world. :rolleyes:

Your atypical reaction to a question about your political persuasion still doesn't explain your leap from "insinuation of conservatism" to "a conservative is a racist". Particularly since my initial reply to you contained no comment about race/racism/racists. Guess race was just on your mind which says a lot more about your propensity for racist behaviour than does your ethnicity or gender.

Actually your initial post stated that Marvin "embarrassed" himself by making a claim that in actuality he didn't make. You continue to do the same again with your new claim that Marvin "blames the Cincy police department for his players' arrests". Again, perhaps you should listen closely or read the article of the interview before you comment. Marvin actual claim in regards to the Cincy police department was that they STOP his players on the basis of their race, not the the charges used to substantiate the arrests are false.

I never stated that Cincy player's are being racially profiled only that nothing that you or anyone else have said demonstrates that Marvin is wrong in his assessment. As I also explained previously, an ARREST isn't evidence that racial profiling wasn't the REASON for the STOP that concluded with an arrest. You even demonstrate recognition of this fact by claiming that you're aware that "stops are made on the basis of race", yet then ignoring the obvious fact that the majority of the Cincy players' arrest occured during traffic incidents (i.e. circumstances in which racial profiling can occur). The legitimacy of the actual arrest doesn't inherently make the actual stop legitimate (i.e. free from racial profiling).

Well, according to the punishments associated with the crimes for which these players have been arrested, it would appear that the public does perceive perpetrators of those crimes to be "less dangerous or violent" than other criminals to the general public. For example, wife/girlfriend beaters are generally only "dangerous" to the women who choose to be with them. Sometimes they are "dangerous" to the close associates of those women but their violence is generally confined to those circles. No one needs statistics to have an opinion that Marvin is "making excuses for his players" but you do need statistics or some other type of rational basis to claim that he's a "moron" and "embarrassing" because of his claim that his players are racially profiled.

Wow. You really are full of crap. You can keep talking but I am no longer listening.

No one needs statistics to have an opinion that Marvin is "making excuses for his players" but you do need statistics or some other type of rational basis to claim that he's a "moron" and "embarrassing" because of his claim that his players are racially profiled.
No, she really doesn't. This is a messageboard and people give their OPINIONS, get it?? And I happen to share her opinion, and guess what, I have no statistics to rely on for that :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back