PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marvin Harrison is goin down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of proof do u need to show that a shooting is a crime??? isnt it, like...logical?

Not necessarily. Self defense is not a crime in most places, for example.

what kind of proof do u need to show that a shooting is a crime??? isnt it, like...logical?

A crime requires there to be not only an identified victim but a plausible timeline of how it happened, a strong case for who pulled the trigger, and reasons why it happened.

You can imagine Marvin's lawyer saying "Hmmm.... you charge my client with owning a gun used in a crime, yet have you proven that a crime was committed and charged anyone with that crime?"

It could be embarassing to lose a case like that, so for now (like Marvin in the playoffs) they are letting the ball drop.

I just sent this to my esteemed Senator:
Oh yeah, what we need is politicians reviewing decisions and deciding who should be charged. What the hell does this have to do with you, anyway? Do you always write your Senator to ask them to stick their nose where it doesn't belong, or are you just being petty because it's an opposing football player? Justice is bigger than football.

Harrison has a fight with a guy in the club that Harrison owns. Said guy gets shot two weeks later outside of the car wash that Harrison owns with the gun that Harrison owns. Said gun is then found in a bucket at said car wash.

Yeah, we're really reaching here.
Where did you go to law school? Maybe the DA that's investigating the case should be given some deference. DA's love high-profile cases, if there's no indictment here it means it's really out of the question.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, what we need is politicians reviewing decisions and deciding who should be charged. What the hell does this have to do with you, anyway? Do you always write your Senator to ask them to stick their nose where it doesn't belong, or are you just being petty because it's an opposing football player? Justice is bigger than football.

This has almost nothing to do with the football player, and everything to do with Specter sticking his nose where it didn't belong last year.

Where did you go to law school? Maybe the DA that's investigating the case should be given some deference. DA's love high-profile cases, if there's no indictment here it means it's really out of the question.

I don't need to go to law school to add 2 and 2.

If you're trying to say that Harrison didn't do it because the DA decided not to pursue the case, I don't know what to tell you. A DA is just as likely to drop a high-profile case for certain reasons as he/she is to pursue it for other reasons. Either way, there's no question that Harrison was, at the very least, "involved" in this shooting.

I'm not saying I'm surprised, I'm just saying that it stinks.

This has almost nothing to do with the football player, and everything to do with Specter sticking his nose where it didn't belong last year.
What does Harrison have to do with Specter?

I don't need to go to law school to add 2 and 2.

If you're trying to say that Harrison didn't do it because the DA decided not to pursue the case, I don't know what to tell you. A DA is just as likely to drop a high-profile case for certain reasons as he/she is to pursue it for other reasons. Either way, there's no question that Harrison was, at the very least, "involved" in this shooting.

I'm not saying I'm surprised, I'm just saying that it stinks.
And I'm saying if this wasn't Marvin Harrison of the Colts, you wouldn't give a sh~t one way or another. When someone has a clear conflict of interest, in this case as a Patriots fan, their opinion needs to be taken for what it is.

I'm sure if it were Wes Welker or Randy Moss that you'd also be calling for the DA to press charges...

As far as your 2+2 comment, if you'd stick to that problem, you'd be on solid ground. But in this case the question isn't 2+2, it's is there enough evidence to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt (or even to convince a grand jury to indict). I'll take what the DA says on that.

Last edited:

A gun crime occured in the state of Pennsylvania. Specter is a senator in Pennsylvania. I'm still pissed at Specter from last year. You dig?

And I'm saying if this wasn't Marvin Harrison of the Colts, you wouldn't give a sh~t one way or another. When someone has a clear conflict of interest, their opinion needs to be taken for what it is.

As a matter of fact, I would care. I think it's horsecrap that Pacman is still in this league. It appalls me that Leonard Little is still in this league...he killed a woman, for Christ's sake. Harrison as a Colt is irrelevant to me; I just want to see thugs get treated like thugs.

PS If it were Moss or Welker, I'd still want them to get prosecuted. I recognize the difference between football and actual important stuff. But you've known me for such a long time...

PPS Stop editing, goddammit.

Last edited:

it has everything to do with spacter. apparently, the pats organization was responsible for the incident. :rolleyes:

it has everything to do with spacter. apparently, the pats organization was responsible for the incident. :rolleyes:
Marvin kept having nightmares of the Patriots murdering him in the playoffs, so he HAD to buy a gun.

Second Witness Points to Harrison - ESPN The Magazine

This is just silly...

The statement by Robert Nixon would apparently corroborate the statement of Dwight Dixon, another shooting victim, and contradict Harrison, who admits that he was in a fistfight with Dixon but insists he was unarmed when gunfire erupted outside his North Philadelphia car wash, Chuckie's Garage, following the altercation.

Three people were injured during the shooting. Dixon was shot in the left hand. Nixon was struck in his back by one of the shots that ricocheted up West Thompson Street. A third victim, a child sitting in a nearby car, suffered an eye injury from shattered glass.

So the facts in the case are that Harrison and Dixon got into a fight, Dixon and 2 others were injured by gunfire after the fight, the bullets matched Harrison's gun and the gun was found at the scene. Hmmmm...this is a tricky one. Guess since we don't have video evidence of Harrison firing the gun and an audio track with him saying "Dixon, I'm firing my gun at you!", then you have to let the case drop.

At a news conference on Tuesday, Philadelphia D.A. Lynne Abraham said she would not bring charges against Harrison, citing a lack of credible witnesses. "I'm pretty comfortable I know who fired the gun," Abraham said. "But I'm not going to say because I don't have the evidence."

Gee...wonder who Abraham could possibly be talking about?

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said league officials were "following developments in the case," but added that given the district attorney's decision to not file charges there is "no basis for any disciplinary action." The Colts had no comment.

Cool, so there is no basis for discipline without charges being filed. So it isn't that you can't violate the person conduct policy...you can violate it as long as the only witnesses are dirtbags and the jurisdiction doesn't have a credible policy force (they don't call them the Keystone Cops for nothing).

So Harrison gets in a fight and his gun is fired in public resulting in 3 injuries (including a kid) and the league has no problem with that? Come to think of it, James Harrison (the defensive MVP) was arrested for slapping around his girlfriend and wasn't suspended even though he admitted doing it. Maybe it is just the last name...or at least the last name for non-Patriot players.

Guess since we don't have video evidence of Harrison firing the gun and an audio track with him saying "Dixon, I'm Marvin Harrison, wide receiver for the Indianapolis Colts, and I'm intentionally and with malice aforethought firing my gun at you!", then you have to let the case drop.

That might do it.

Maybe.

What gets me is the double standard with the media: Randy Moss has some bogus assault charge from some woman and it's all over the news the week of the Super Bowl. Marvin Harrison shoots someone, resulting in three injuried people, and you hear a little peep during the offseason, nothing during the season, and now this hush-hush reporting of it.

It's been reasonably clear from day one that Harrison was involved: his car wash, his gun, he denied the gun was at the car wash and then it turned up...whether he fired the gun or not is the only thing disputed at this point, but the FACTS alone, regardless of witness testimony, should be enough to implicate Harrison. And yet there's barely a peep from the media, who choose their agenda and plow full-steam ahead regardless of the facts.

I don't have a problem with Harrison, however I do have two problems with this case: 1) the double standard presented by the media, where a rules infraction turns into the media circus of the decade, Congressional money is spent on an investigation, and huge penalties are levied; while in this case a player is AT THE LEAST involved in a shooting (at the most the shooter himself) and yet it's being kept quiet for the most part; and 2) the criminal sytem itself, where a clear cut case is apparently falling apart because some witnesses aren't credible enough...whether Harrison fired the gun or not, IT WAS STILL HIS GUN!

I don't get it, and I never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back