PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marvin Harrison going under the knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always interesting to see what os happening with the Colts...

Well I find it interesting if its bad news for them. :D

What is he going "under the knife" for? It didn't say.

Is he having a vascetomy?

its elbow or hand i believe

For others - like me - who are totally annoyed by the fact that no one has definitively mentioned WHAT THE SURGERY IS FOR it is...

his elbow. Carry on.

here comes the killjoy

Pats726 said:
Always interesting to see what os happening with the Colts...
we're talking about a player who puts his health on the line (sometimes) judt sbout every game.
he's also one of the better actors at WR i've seen for a long time.
come opening day, i want his head. i waant to see him short-arm those passes across the middle. i'm waiting for one of those death-spiral pirouettes that the stinkin' refs fall for every dang time.
but that arm must be pretty jacked up for all this cuttin' to be going on.
hope he won't be walking around with some kind of bizarre device on that arm. 20 years from now.

but you still gotta respect Marvin..great player..good person

RayClay said:
That's going to interfere with his normal turf diving maneuver.:D

Am I the only one who thinks it's intentional, strategic, and probably even smart? We're talking about a very slightly built receiver -- at 6' 0" 175 he's quite a bit taller and lighter than Deion Branch. Yet he's managed to maintain a long, productive and healthy career. 10 years in the league with half a dozen missed games, tops.

It's one thing when you need an extra yard for a critical first down, but on a lot of plays it probably pays for a guy like Harrison to avoid getting his skeleton rearranged.

Remix 6 said:
but you still gotta respect Marvin..great player..good person
Sure do, well, except for that whole strangling the kid who asked for his autograph thing. :p

patchick said:
Am I the only one who thinks it's intentional, strategic, and probably even smart? We're talking about a very slightly built receiver -- at 6' 0" 175 he's quite a bit taller and lighter than Deion Branch. Yet he's managed to maintain a long, productive and healthy career. 10 years in the league with half a dozen missed games, tops.

It's one thing when you need an extra yard for a critical first down, but on a lot of plays it probably pays for a guy like Harrison to avoid getting his skeleton rearranged.

I agree completely with this. Intelligence and toughness can coexist. It is one thing to avoid getting hit by missing the catch, quite another to catch it and simply avoid the smashing hit, which is often difficult to set for. A receiver's value to a team is how often he catches the ball and avoids getting hit, not how often he gets smacked by the angry strong safety and leaves with a concussion.

Marvin Harrison is a superb receiver, and he, like Branch, can simply not afford to take tremendous punishment all game long.

Man, I hope this surgury doesn't affect his choking little kids ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes