PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marty Booker said he considered Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
... but the opportunity to be the No. 1 in Chicago again was overwhelming.

Good for us. We really need to give Chad Jackson some playing time.

agreed. It would be nice to know what we have in this kid once and for all.

That's probably the most hilarious thing I've heard all day, although I doubt he meant it that way.

You really can't blame him. #3 or 4 here, #1 on another team. Even though he would probably get more yards as the 4 here...good luck to him. Let's get Washington or Jackson in the mix now!

That's probably the most hilarious thing I've heard all day, although I doubt he meant it that way.

Why is that hilarious? Who's the Bears' No. 1 receiver?

I just meant it's hilarious to me that so many acted like the sky was falling because we had questions at the WR position over the past few weeks, while other teams are signing guys like Marty Booker to be their #1.

I just meant it's hilarious to me that so many acted like the sky was falling because we had questions at the WR position over the past few weeks, while other teams are signing guys like Marty Booker to be their #1.

I agree, very comical

That's true. I bet if this guy was on the team, he would have been the most critcized member of the receiving squad.

Can't blame any player for wanting to join the Pats and not just for the chance at a SB ring. How many ex Pats get signed to pretty good contracts that were not really as good as the contract they signed.
Damn. It's good to have that NEP on your resume if you're a player.

We've come a long way, baby.

Last edited:
Good for us. We really need to give Chad Jackson some playing time.

No we really don't need to give him anything.

With Moss, Gaffney, and Welker signed we are set with proven guys at WR. No one will complain Jackson earns playing time like Gaffney did last year but the idea he needs to be put on the field because of his draft position a few years ago is contrary to how the Pats run the team.

No we really don't need to give him anything.

With Moss, Gaffney, and Welker signed we are set with proven guys at WR. No one will complain Jackson earns playing time like Gaffney did last year but the idea he needs to be put on the field because of his draft position a few years ago is contrary to how the Pats run the team.

I don't think he was trying to say that, just meant the kid needs a chance to earn some playing time. He was against 4-5 experienced, good recievers, if given the chance again, he may break out and excel

Can't blame any player for wanting to join the Pats and not just for the chance at a SB ring. How many ex Pats get signed to pretty good contracts that were not really as good as the contract they signed.
Damn. It's good to have that NEP on your resume if you're a player.

We've come a long way, baby.

Yup. It's like having a degree from Harvard. Everyone wants a piece of that success.

The Bears are going to be AWFUL this year. They let Berrian go (to an intradivision rival) and their QB situation is putrid. I don't know why they didn't try to deal for McNabb. ('Though I would love it if, by some miracle, they did so now, if for no other reason than Asante would be nailed.)

Muhsin Muhammad said that's why he left Carolina for Chicago too.....to be the #1 WR...then he met Wrecks...:D...and he is back home.

Weird that Booker was traded for Ogunleye and now they are on the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes