Welcome to PatsFans.com

Martin Luther King

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

In honor of one of America's greatest people, Martin Luther King.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1704734,00.html?cnn=yes

"I am aware that there are many who wince at a distinction between property and persons--who hold both sacrosanct. My
    views are not so rigid. A life is sacred. Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on; it is not man."

Martin Luther King, Jr., The Trumpet of Conscience, 1967.
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice to see you make a tribute to someone who embraces Republican ideals: That men be judged according to the content of their character and not the color of their skin.
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Yeah, right. That's certainly reflected in the demographics of the Republican Party and, frankly, has nothing to do with the quote I chose that is certainly a criticism of Republican values.
  5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. After all, the current Republican president has had 2 black Secretaries of State and it was a Republican that sent a black man to the Supreme Court - and the democrats who performed their high tech lynching on him.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're not supposed to bring that up. Can't mention that. Those are not really "black people". They are called "Uncle Toms" or "Oreos".

Political ""Correctness"" and its discontents.

Orwell was right.

//
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Instead of talking about what a great American and example of decency MLK was, you goofs bring it down to stupid partisan jive. Unreal.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Also a man of God, like Huckabee, isn't Huck a Baptist Minister too ?
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

You're proud of the tokenism, but ignore the fact that Powell was forced to resign and Condi had no authority until public pressure forced Rummy out. (Neverthless, I do think Bush deserves credit for being the first Republican to give people of color high profile positions.) Let's talk about federal judges, congresspeople, governors, and mayors, where the Administration has shown its true color. Also, let's not forget the great Thurgood Marshall who came well before Clarence Thomas, and actually knew how to ask questions when hearing a case.
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Without regard for all of the political yakkety, yakkety and polarization of this issue... MLK was man whose books all I read when younger, enjoyed his speeches and marveled at his accomplishments.. surprised this did not descend into MLK was a communist thread. glad it didn't.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Harry Bananna's Belafonte called Colin Powell and Condolezza Rice "House N-ggers" and the NY Times printed it, it didn't seem to bother the phony politically correct do-gooder Democrat Haters.

Racist Bastard:
    http://www.blacknewsweekly.com/201.html
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

"jive"

Like a blast from the past. My oldest sister was in a rock band when I was a kid ... the lead singer was black and he used that word all the time when I would bust his balls. There was a few blacks in the band and they all loved that word ... I loved that word ... it was early 70's when I was a puberty enraged young teenager at the time. If someone was bullsh1tting you would say "stop jiving me".

Oh well ... you brought back some good memories back there Wistah ...
    Jive was a good word. PC will say this is my usual nonsensical post but who cares.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Jive:
    The politically correct "holy people" will try to turn it into a bad word if they decide they don't like it, it has been around for a long time.
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I know,
    I'm trying to bring it back.
  16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ever notice that when Republicans appoint blacks to high places, the left calls it "tokenism"...? Then they turn around and criticize the right for not doing that which they so easily dismiss..?

MLK, were he alive today, would be ashamed of the democratic party and the road it has led African-Americans down. Rampant poverty, illegitimacy and crime rates, thanks in large part to the never ending cycle of dependence encouraged and fostered by the left wing.
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Ever notice that I have consistently praised Bush for those appointments, but when they are the only examples that people like you bring up, it appears as mere tokenism. How many times do the righties cite Condi, Colin, and Clarence when trying to convince people how tolerant they are? You are the one who uses them as tokens, not the left.

You obviously know nothing about MLK to have written that. Try reading FBNs thread on MLK for a primer.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Your in for it now, look what they did to Bill Cosby when he tried to help them.

The dream that MLK had didn't include the "Racist Sh!t" that goes on today.

Sharpton, Jackoff, Imus, Duke Players, (Hip Hop Ho's & B!tches) Twana Brawley, what would the Reverend MLK have thought of the term "White Mother F-ckers" what would MLK of thought about Sister Whoopi comparing a United States President to her "Vagina"?
    His Heart Would Be Broken at the racist bastards within.

:bricks:
  19. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Anyone watch the cartoon The Boondocks on cartoon network? There was one episode when MLK came back to modern times, good stuff.

I agree, let's put aside the partisanship for one moment and just leave it at the fact that he was an eloquent man that did a lot of good for this country.
  20. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Usually, I don't respond to the extreme right posts, but I'll make an exception. Which is a far-right extremist stating what a dead liberal revolutionary would think today.