Welcome to PatsFans.com

Martin Erzinger, Morgan Stanley Wealth Manager, Won't Face Felony Charges

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The problem with America in a nutshell.

If you have enough $$$, you can get away with anything.

HIt and run? no prob, as long as your job is making billions, you should be cool, everyone else...not so much.

District Attorney Mark Hurlbert:

"Felony convictions have some pretty serious job implications for someone in Mr. Erzinger's profession, and that entered into it," Hurlbert said. "When you're talking about restitution, you don't want to take away his ability to pay."
    "We have talked with Mr. Haddon and we had their objections, but ultimately it's our call," Hurlbert said.

Dear Mark Hurlbert,

Go F yourself!

XXOO,

HD
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

MOre on this: Alleged hit-and-run driver may not face felony | VailDaily.com

dude he his was a DOCTOR. Milo, 34, is a physician living in New York City with his wife and two children, where he is still recovering from his injuries, court records show. “Mr. Erzinger struck me, fled and left me for dead on the highway,” Milo wrote. “Neither his financial prominence nor my financial situation should be factors in your prosecution of this case.”

he left him on the highway and when the cops found Erzinger, he was trying to stash his bumper in his trunk.

When Avon police arrived he was putting a broken side mirror and a bumper in his trunk, court record say.

AGAIN: Billionaire banker.....more important than the justice system, and a doctor.
  3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Fixed it for ya.

Unless the victim expressed a preference for civil penalites (i.e. $$$) over a criminal conviction, it is hard to make sense of this. It sounds like the victim was actually opposed.

Do they even teach "equality before the law" at the Univ. of Colorado School of Law? What about Dartmouth>?

Disgusting.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I honestly didn't even look to see what political affiliation this guy had. It really should read:

District Attorney Mark Hurlbert (EVIL)
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  5. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I can't tell if he is evil or just obtuse.
  6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

7. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 6 / -2

If the guy didn't flee the scene, and it was just an unfortunate "accident", then maybe I could see the down grade to a misdemenor. The problem here though, is that the guy fled the scene, and left the dude to possibly die. That deserves a harsh punishment. If it means the guy loses some earning power, so be it. That's the price you pay for fleeing. Pretty cut and dry to me, but not so cut and dry to the Golden Rule. The rule which of course reads, "he who has the gold makes the rules". :mad:
  9. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Trying to dispose of evidence ( like fleeing and disposing of dented bumpers) is considered 'consciousness of guilt'................Just saying...
  10. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

And let's take a look at the rationale -- a felony conviction could harm his career? Well, yeah, felony convictions can do that. Since when do we downgrade charges out of what is essentially inconvenience to the perp? Isn't that part of what punishment is about?

Putting drug dealers and bank robbers away probably hurts their earning power, too. Maybe we should start going easy on them, it's really not fair...
  11. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I would think that dying would have potentially put a real dent in the earnings of the surgeon that he mowed down as well.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

indeed...

I wonder if the person who kicks the ever loving poop out of both these men in a dark alley one night, will be able to use the same defense when in court for assault charges?

"Your Honor, my carreer will be harmed by a conviction of this charge, and my future ability to earn money will also be affected, if found guilty of kicking the crap out of this lawyer and wall street a-hole."

this is a DANGEROUS precident.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  13. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

It's like the old joke about a guy who kills his parents and then asks the judge for mercy because he is an orphan. I think Rush rehashed that bit a thousand times after the Mendez brothers almost cried their way out of a murder conviction back in 1993.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I wonder what Rush thinks about this case?

(I'm joking.....I know what he thinks)
  15. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

That he's safe if he ever runs someone over?

:bricks: