PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshawn Lynch vs Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that was very good. Seatle was very lucky in that game. Amazing, we even had Ebner as safety. My god.
Did we have both gronk and hernandez in the game?

Did we have both gronk and hernandez in the game?
Yes, Lloyd, Branch, and Welker were WRs. At most points during the game, Welker was going deep with Sherman covering. LOL. I think we took them very lightly and we may be wiser.

Yes, Lloyd, Branch, and Welker were WRs. At most points during the game, Welker was going deep with Sherman covering. LOL. I think we took them very lightly and we may be wiser.

But the Pats defense included Nate Ebner, Edleman and Jermaine Cunningham! The Pats D is so much better now..

Here's the box score from that game:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201210140sea.htm

Highlights:

The Patriots had Woodhead, Hernandez, Welker, & Lloyd. They were up 23-10 with about 9 minutes to go. From what I remember, the Patriots had success getting yards (Brady threw for almost 400 yards) in the passing game but settled for 3 FGs in the second half instead of getting putting the game away, and Brady threw a lot to Welker. Tavon Wilson got torched by Sidney Rice with 90 seconds to go for the Seahawk win on a 46 yard TD.

In the Packers game, Beast-Mode did not show up until the near end.

Patriots need to "mute" him for 60 minutes.

I wonder if Alan Branch will have more snaps in the BIG GAME?
Bingo. A lot of teams like to talk about how they play better deeper in the game but the Seahawks have it down to an art and Lynch is a big reason. Teams might stop him fairly well in the first quarter or two but rarely keep him down the whole game. The guy abhors going out of bounds and he wears teams out. I know the Pats have some tough players but they better be ready to play hard the whole game...something they didn't have to do as much over the last part of the regular season or last week against the Colts

Bingo. A lot of teams like to talk about how they play better deeper in the game but the Seahawks have it down to an art and Lynch is a big reason. Teams might stop him fairly well in the first quarter or two but rarely keep him down the whole game. The guy abhors going out of bounds and he wears teams out. I know the Pats have some tough players but they better be ready to play hard the whole game...something they didn't have to do as much over the last part of the regular season or last week against the Colts
He plays better because they lower his snaps in the 1st and use him more for the second half.

Hopefully we can stack some points in the first half forcing Wilson to throw more.

Hopefully we can stack some points in the first half forcing Wilson to throw more.
Yeah, throw like he did last time he played the Patriots as a rookie and won the game in the 4th quarter. :)

He plays better because they lower his snaps in the 1st and use him more for the second half.
Barely. Over the season he had an average of about two more carries/game in the 2nd half than first half. He averages 5.1 yards/attempt in the second half vs. 4.1 in the 1st.

Yeah, throw like he did last time he played the Patriots as a rookie and won the game in the 4th quarter. :)

Lol, I don't think his success throwing against DBs including Nate Ebner, Tavon Wilson, and Julian Edelman will necessarily translate to success against Revis, Browner, McCourty. I imagine we will stack the box and force him to beat those guys 1 on 1 with Baldwin, Kearse, and Wilson. If he can make some plays early and get points on the board that will make it tough for us.

I have been looking at a lot of the seattle fan web-sites (which are big ad sites!) and the common theme is that they are going to run, run and run. Here is a blog that really highlights some of what the Seahawk fans think:

http://www.hawkblogger.com

Some really good information on this site.

Also, watching last years super bowl again, you see that Denver stacked the box to stop Lynch, which they actually did.

Wilson and the Seattle D beat them. Wilson converted several big 3 downs and the Seattle D just bullied Denver.

The hope would be that if the Pats try the same idea, their coverage is much better.

There's NOT A CHANCE that the current New England secondary would allow this sort of game... Wilson just running willy nilly all over the place, launching deep bomb after deep bomb successfully. They may allow one successful deep pass, MAYBE two, but not like SIX. That D was just piss poor. Can't draw any parallels between then and now at all. I would also venture to say that the current New England offense is better, the current Seattle D is at least even if not worse, and the Seattle O is not any better.

Also, watching last years super bowl again, you see that Denver stacked the box to stop Lynch, which they actually did.

Wilson and the Seattle D beat them. Wilson converted several big 3 downs and the Seattle D just bullied Denver.

The hope would be that if the Pats try the same idea, their coverage is much better.

well, our defense is much better, and their Wide receivers were much better last year. I think the patriots defensive plan is going to be

stack 8 in the box to stop the run/keep wilson in the pocket.

and hope our Secondary who has limited some of the top offenses in the NFL can handle the likes of Baldwin/Kearse one on one. If seahawks have to win the game by wilson in the pocket throwing to baldwin against revis I like our chances alot

well, our defense is much better, and their Wide receivers were much better last year. I think the patriots defensive plan is going to be

stack 8 in the box to stop the run/keep wilson in the pocket.

and hope our Secondary who has limited some of the top offenses in the NFL can handle the likes of Baldwin/Kearse one on one. If seahawks have to win the game by wilson in the pocket throwing to baldwin against revis I like our chances alot

That is the hope. But last year, while Percy Harvin made some plays, both Baldwin and Kearse really showed up.

Also, Manning played like crap, which did not help. I think that first pick-6 that made the score 22-0 basically ended the game. The drive was good but Denver had to give 110% for every yard.

These are the two best teams in the NFL, without question. Hopefully the Pats bring their "A" game.

something to note, The patriots Defense has played quite a few "mobile qbs" this year that should help them prepare for this matchup. the COlts, packers, even Jets are all teams that rely on their QB to scramble and make the big play. and overall the defense kept them in the pocket and forced them to have to make throws into coverage.

so, those prior matchups should help them. Stopping Lynch is going to be another thing entirely. staying disciplined and form tackling of the legs is going to play a big part in the pats success of limiting the running game.

IMO, New England will probably defend against Wilson and Lynch the same as they defended against Rodgers, which means that they'll sacrifice full on pressures for containment, and hope the front can hold up against runs up the middle.

IMO, New England will probably defend against Wilson and Lynch the same as they defended against Rodgers, which means that they'll sacrifice full on pressures for containment, and hope the front can hold up against runs up the middle.

Basically trusting the DBs to cover their average receivers? I can see that.

Basically trusting the DBs to cover their average receivers? I can see that.

Yeah, pretty much. Wilson is no Rodgers, especially when he's kept in the pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back