PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshawn Lynch suspended for Patriots game (3 total)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The charges against Whitner were dropped. He'll play.

LOL Released from jail is not the same as the charges being dropped. Read the article you linked...

Last edited:
Honestly, I feel bad for you guys (the fans) because you're in a situation where the wheels are falling off the wagon which is only going to exacerbate the risk management undertook in signing a turd who is a challenge to manage under the very best of circumstances.

I think if most Pat's fans had their druthers we'd prefer to sit atop a somewhat competitive division where Buffalo was the team chasing us and consequently beating the snot out of some of our other arch rivals inside and outside of the division...

But I don't see that on the horizen. Too many moving parts with personal agendas even if everyone remains on the roster for 2009. And if they trade away a couple of the parts for draft picks it's not going to salvage this season, which was the whole point of getting TO - to make Buffalo a compelling contender with a shot at remaining financially viable and not a team looking for another new HC (and perhaps venue and/or ownership) by seasons end.

Your assessment is probably true but I have got to tell you,

I thought Randy Moss would be a cancer in New England as well, but I was wrong on that one!

T.O. will be on his merry way to another team after next season, the guy is 35.

Last edited:
LOL right back at you. Read my post. I never linked an article.

But here is a simple link:

Buffalo Bills' Donte Whitner arrested as police stop 'near riot' - ESPN

The charges were never formally filed. Whitner has been quoted saying that he wants to sue the Cleveland police department for tasering him without cause.

You linked it in the quote you responded to.

"Whitner was released from jail this afternoon, because there was no prosecutor available to consult on the charges, but he's expected to be sent a summons and will have to appear in court at a later date, a Cleveland police official said.

"He was released only because there was no prosecutor available for consultation," Stacho said. "Officers will consult with a prosecutor in the next two days. A summons will be sent to Mr. Whitner, and he'll have to make an appearance in court."

Aggravated disorderly conduct carries a maximum penalty of 180 days in jail and/or a $1,000 fine. Resisting arrest carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and/or a $750 fine."

I aldo know he initially threatened a lawsuit...before he rethought that approach under advice from his agent and counsel...who advised him to deliver a contrite apology for making a mistake...

You linked it in the quote you responded to.

"Whitner was released from jail this afternoon, because there was no prosecutor available to consult on the charges, but he's expected to be sent a summons and will have to appear in court at a later date, a Cleveland police official said.

"He was released only because there was no prosecutor available for consultation," Stacho said. "Officers will consult with a prosecutor in the next two days. A summons will be sent to Mr. Whitner, and he'll have to make an appearance in court."

Aggravated disorderly conduct carries a maximum penalty of 180 days in jail and/or a $1,000 fine. Resisting arrest carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and/or a $750 fine."

I aldo know he initially threatened a lawsuit...before he rethought that approach under advice from his agent and counsel...who advised him to deliver a contrite apology for making a mistake...

I just linked it just now...after you said I did. I don't want to get into a pissing contest about that, because it doesn't matter at all.

But here's the story: ESPN said in an article that the sources told them that the charges against Whitner were dropped. I just went back to that article and that sentence has been deleted. Although "sources said" doesn't really mean it's reliable, but neither is ESPN a lot of the time. I guess I jumped the gun there.

Here's what they are saying now...I guess he was just charged with aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009...charged_a.html

Like I alluded to before, he claims innocence and threatened to sue the police department.

OH OH, you guys released Whitner for causing a riot!!

He didn't cause a riot.

There was what they called a "near riot" already happening before Whitner got involved, from what I hear. The way I understand it, there was a bunch of loose fights happening in front of the House of Blues. Whitner tried to get past the cops to join in or something. It sounds like he thought his cousin was in trouble, probably mixing it up with people that Whitner might have thought had guns. He was quoted saying "my cousin is out there, and they've got guns."

The details are kinda sketchy at this point, but that's the picture that seems to be being painted right now. It sounds like there is a possibility that he was collateral damage in a situation that was already out of hand. Who knows? Sounds like the cops had an itchy taser finger.

He didn't cause a riot.

There was what they called a "near riot" already happening before Whitner got involved, from what I hear. The way I understand it, there was a bunch of loose fights happening in front of the House of Blues. Whitner tried to get past the cops to join in or something. It sounds like he thought his cousin was in trouble, probably mixing it up with people that Whitner might have thought had guns. He was quoted saying "my cousin is out there, and they've got guns."

The details are kinda sketchy at this point, but that's the picture that seems to be being painted right now. It sounds like there is a possibility that he was collateral damage in a situation that was already out of hand. Who knows? Sounds like the cops had an itchy taser finger.

Spoken like a true visitor here... Remind me to check references before I bother again...

Remind me to check references before I bother again...

Would you listen to me if I did?

You don't really believe that he caused a riot, do you? I heard the "near riot" was caused by a Patriot.

By the way, he was at the birthday part for Ted Ginn, Jr. of the Dolphins. This probably explains the whole thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey