PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshawn Lynch suspended for Patriots game (3 total)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow , dictator goodell is getting soft on us. not that we needed Lynch suspended to win, guess we could say its a little good news.

Lynch is a overrated hood-rat. That said it definitely benefits us not having to game plan for him in the season opener.

wow , dictator goodell is getting soft on us. not that we needed Lynch suspended to win, guess we could say its a little good news.

There are lots of rumors in Buffalo that Ralph Wilson will trade Marshawn Lynch on draft day.

Ralph does not like this type of player and he dumped Willis McGahee and Travis Henry before they became an even bigger problem.

Fred Jackson is Buffalo's #2 RB and some Buffalo fans like him more then Marshawn Lynch

Jackson and Lynch are of equal talent level, yet Jackson has more speed.

Fred Jackson rushed for 136 yards in week 17 last year against the Patriots on 27 attempts
http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?ID=5065

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-l...ams-2008/8f798ef3-cdf2-4640-8a5f-e39a8f1fed92

-THE SLAMMER

Last edited:
There are lots of rumors in Buffalo that Ralph Wilson will trade Marshawn Lynch on draft day.

Ralph does not like this type of player and he dumped Willis McGahee and Travis Henry before they became an even bigger problem.

Fred Jackson is Buffalo's #2 RB and some Buffalo fans like him more then Marshawn Lynch

Jackson and Lynch are of equal talent level, yet Jackson has more speed.

Fred Jackson rushed for 136 yards in week 17 last year against the Patriots on 27 attempts
Fred Jackson Stats, Statistics and Fantasy News - RotoWire.com

Fred Jackson Highlight, WK 04 vs. Rams 2008

-THE SLAMMER

Some fans here like Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis better than Laurence Maroney...

136 yards of tape (for Bill to study for when next they meet) and no TD's... We'll take it.

With Lynch playing or not we will still beat those bills!!:spygate:

With Lynch playing or not we will still beat those bills!!:spygate:

At this rate, the Bills won't be able to field a team, yet I saw a link today that no charges were filed against Whitner

Last edited:
When players gets arrested (whether it's a misdemeanor or a major crime), its hurts the NFL brand.

I hear that a lot, but I'm not really sure that it's true. Did the NFL's popularity really suffer when Tagliabue was commissioner? There are a lot of reasons that I could speculate for why I don't think it hurts the brand, but, for starters, football is a violent and in many ways reckless sport. When the guys who play it occasionally act recklessly, it seems to me like they get a fair amount of leeway.

I hear that a lot, but I'm not really sure that it's true. Did the NFL's popularity really suffer when Tagliabue was commissioner? There are a lot of reasons that I could speculate for why I don't think it hurts the brand, but, for starters, football is a violent and in many ways reckless sport. When the guys who play it occasionally act recklessly, it seems to me like they get a fair amount of leeway.

I like the proposal from Pete Rosell that was never approved by the owners

Zero tolerance, one arrest and you are banned, he always said this day would come and he was right

Ralph Wilson will not keep problem players very long, he has a history of dumping these guys

Last edited:
At least we can maybe see TO get hit a couple of times since Buffalo will be throwing the ball all night.:D

at least we can maybe see to get hit a couple of times since buffalo will be throwing the ball all night.:d

I think Freddy Jackson is an excellent backup,and rushed for 136 yards in 27 attempts against the Patriots on week 17 last year, but guess what?

He wants more money (lol)

There are rumors in Buffalo that Marshawn may be traded during the draft, I think Freddy believes he may become the new starter in Buffalo.

I don't believe Marshawn ever had 100 yards against the Patriots but I would have to look it up!

We Will See!

Last edited:
I think Freddy Jackson is an excellent backup,and rushed for 136 yards in 27 attempts against the Patriots on week 17 last year, but guess what?

He wants more money (lol)

There are rumors in Buffalo that Marshawn may be traded during the draft, I think Freddy believes he may become the new starter in Buffalo.

I don't believe Marshawn ever had 100 yards against the Patriots but I would have to look it up!

We Will See!

Honestly, I feel bad for you guys (the fans) because you're in a situation where the wheels are falling off the wagon which is only going to exacerbate the risk management undertook in signing a turd who is a challenge to manage under the very best of circumstances.

I think if most Pat's fans had their druthers we'd prefer to sit atop a somewhat competitive division where Buffalo was the team chasing us and consequently beating the snot out of some of our other arch rivals inside and outside of the division...

But I don't see that on the horizen. Too many moving parts with personal agendas even if everyone remains on the roster for 2009. And if they trade away a couple of the parts for draft picks it's not going to salvage this season, which was the whole point of getting TO - to make Buffalo a compelling contender with a shot at remaining financially viable and not a team looking for another new HC (and perhaps venue and/or ownership) by seasons end.

The charges against Whitner were dropped. He'll play.

OH OH, you guys released Whitner for causing a riot!!

He's a free agent now.

On a more serious note, I know the writer of that article, and she's smart and professional. No doubt a copy editor wrote that headline.

Even *with* Lynch, I still think you guys will beat the Bills on 9/10, and still sweep them this year.

Also - TO takes it very personally when he goes up against a Randy Moss team...just imagine TO's reaction when he sees Moss walk into the endzone for the upteenth time.

Also - is the Bills D even that good?

Lynch will appeal his 3 games suspension and get it knocked down to two at most. I think that Goodell sometimes suspends players initially for more games than he should because he knows the suspension will be shortened on appeal. Lynch definitely WILL miss the Patriots game, though.

The Patriots need no edge to not only beat the Bills, but kill them. I don't know why the NFL sees fit to give the Patriots an unneeded edge over the Bills almost every year. I'm not really talking only about Lynch here, but having the Bills play the Patriots in the Monday Night opener IN FOXBORO is an edge...I don't think anybody can argue with that. They should at least have had the game in Buffalo to even things out a bit, although the Bills would probably get beat there as well anyway. The fans and media are going to go into a frenzy about Brady's return, too. It'll be a circus.

And the Bills had to play the Patriots directly after the Pat's bye week four years in a row. Not only is that an edge, but it seems like a pattern bordering on conspiracy. The Bills haven't matched-up well against the Patriots to say the very least, but it seems like some sadistic person that wants to see the Bills humiliated has made out the NFL schedules this decade.

Oh, and Slammer, the Bills are NOT going to trade Lynch this year. Jackson will do a better job than some people seem to think, but not having Lynch WILL hurt the Bills, especially on third and short and possibly at the goal-line...if the Bills ever made it that far.

All that said, I haven't totally ruled the Bills out of winning this game before it's been played...any given Sunday and all that. I wouldn't put my money on the Bills, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back