PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshawn Lynch suspended for Patriots game (3 total)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Beefalo may be looking at RB in the draft too.

Isn't Fred Jackson an RFA?
Unhappy Jackson not at team workouts : Sports : The Buffalo News
Updated: 04/06/09 09:21 PM
Unhappy Jackson not at team workouts
By Mark Gaughan
NEWS SPORTS REPORTER

Running back Fred Jackson is a conspicuous absentee from Buffalo Bills offseason conditioning workouts.

Virtually all of the Bills' young players are in attendance, and one would expect Jackson to be there, since he is an up-and-coming player entering his third NFL season.

However, Jackson's contract with the Bills ran out in March, and he is dissatisfied with the Bills' contract offers so far. He has elected to work out on his own in Buffalo instead of at One Bills Drive. The Bills' offseason conditioning program entered its third week Monday, and Jackson was not in attendance. The program is voluntary.

Because he has only two years tenure in the NFL, Jackson is an "exclusive rights free agent." That means the Bills have exclusive negotiating rights to him because of the fact they made a minimum contract offer to him in late February. He can not negotiate with or sign with any other team. At worst, Jackson is guaranteed to play in Buffalo this season under a one-year deal for $460,000.

The Bills and Jackson's agent, Jerome Douglas, have been talking about a longer-term deal for several weeks.

th_Omissioner_Clouseau.jpg

We're now going to see a less competitive game because this asshat feels the need to pretend he's Dirty Harry every chance he gets.

We're now going to see a less competitive game because this asshat feels the need to pretend he's Dirty Harry every chance he gets.

Come on. They have TO now. We may as well just forfeit the game. :D

I personally don't take Fred Jackson lightly, especially carrying the load on game #1. Don't celebrate too hard.

I am not sure where Commish Clauseua is in the wrong here or does it not matter the crime....or is it just anytime Goodell does something you will call him an asshat.

I personally don't take Fred Jackson lightly, especially carrying the load on game #1. Don't celebrate too hard.
Who's taking him lightly?

I am not sure where Commish Clauseua is in the wrong here or does it not matter the crime....or is it just anytime Goodell does something you will call him an asshat.

He pled guilty to a misdemeanor. He's already dealing with the California penal system as a result. WTF is Goodell tagging him with a 3 game suspension (with all the cash that goes with it) on top of that?

I'm sure that when you're working wherever you do, the company issues additional suspensions and personal fines whenever someone gets slapped with a misdemeanor, right? They just chop 3/16 of your annual salary for it and life goes on.

Well, Deus feels the competitiveness of the game drops here, but being game #1, I'm not sure about that.

Lynch is the Bills' best running back. Without him, the Bills are a weaker team. The Patriots are going to get to work out the glitches without having to face a full-strength Buffalo team. To me, that's makes it less competitive.

He pled guilty to a misdemeanor. He's already dealing with the California penal system as a result. WTF is Goodell tagging him with a 3 game suspension (with all the cash that goes with it) on top of that?

I'm sure that when you're working wherever you do, the company issues additional suspensions and personal fines whenever someone gets slapped with a misdemeanor, right? They just chop 3/16 of your annual salary for it and life goes on.

I'm positive this will be addressed in the new CBA. I agree that it isn't right, in fact it seems to border on double jeopardy.

However, right or wrong, once he started doing this with the first guy, he now has to hold the same standard for everyone. Again, until some more standard rules are in place in the new CBA.

I'm positive this will be addressed in the new CBA. I agree that it isn't right, in fact it seems to border on double jeopardy.

However, right or wrong, once he started doing this with the first guy, he now has to hold the same standard for everyone. Again, until some more standard rules are in place in the new CBA.

When players gets arrested (whether it's a misdemeanor or a major crime), its hurts the NFL brand. There should definitely be additional sanctions, such as suspensions and fines, and I don't see anything wrong with what teh commish is doing.

It's easy to jump on everything this commish does b/c we all have a biased view of him after spygate, but people need to move on and look at things objectively.

Hmmm, I'm conflicted. On the one hand I can understand the duplicitous feel to handing down additional punishment from your employer for a non-felonious perpetration. Yet a DUI or DWI is a motor vehicle violation and I have no qualms about the "extra" penalties someone might suffer from being convicted of that act.

When players gets arrested (whether it's a misdemeanor or a major crime), its hurts the NFL brand. There should definitely be additional sanctions, such as suspensions and fines, and I don't see anything wrong with what teh commish is doing.

It's easy to jump on everything this commish does b/c we all have a biased view of him after spygate, but people need to move on and look at things objectively.

Let me just put it this way. I feel that I am looking at it objectively and that you are not. I hold to the same opinion of this outside the sporting world, so I'm consistent in my approach.

Hmmm, I'm conflicted. On the one hand I can understand the duplicitous feel to handing down additional punishment from your employer for a non-felonious perpetration. Yet a DUI or DWI is a motor vehicle violation and I have no qualms about the "extra" penalties someone might suffer from being convicted of that act.

Simple solution....

In the CBA, either refer punishable infractions that both sides agree to to an impartial arbiter, or lay out an agreed upon laundry list of infractions and accompanying punishments. While I personally think that it's none of the NFL's business and should be left up to the actual owners of the teams, at least this solution would have some consistency. As it is right now, the Ommissioner is judge, jury, executioner and appellate court.

While they are at it, the players should get every 'recreational' drug removed from the auspices of the CBA, as it's none of the league's damned business what the players are taking if they aren't considered performance enhancing.

u know, if the suspension was started week 2....i would only be mildly surpirised

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes