PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshawn Lynch & Seattle Seahawks revise contract for 2015

crownontherocks

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks have reached a revised contract with Marshawn Lynch, ensuring Lynch stays with the team for 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshawn Lynch will dramatically waver about playing in 2016 and then decide to play again.

Good for him. I'm 100% on board the "RBs are one of the most replaceable positions" train, but he might be an exception. And given the sheer number of hits that he takes and what does does long-term to someone's quality of life, I don't blame him for only being willing to play if his clears a pretty high bar.

Excellent talent, someday soonish this BS act will outweigh his talent/production.

Is anyone really surprised by this news? I wonder what his contract will be, he is a great player.

ESPN's John Clayton reports Marshawn Lynch's new contract is a one-year, $11 million deal.

Lynch was scheduled to make $8.5 million, so it's a $2.5M raise with more upfront money. He's now owed $1 million in base salary, with a $9 million signing bonus and $1M roster bonus

People in the NW are still saying "give him da ball" which is fine and good. I suspect he will hurt his back...

Three years for 31M per Florio's site...

Would the Seahawks shop Christine Michael? 2nd round pick in 2013, talented RB. He won't be getting playing time anytime soon.

I'm just here to cash in on my trademark so I won't get fined.

Would the Seahawks shop Christine Michael? 2nd round pick in 2013, talented RB. He won't be getting playing time anytime soon.
A savvy move on your behalf. From short exposure to Michael, he looks like he could be a very good RB.

One of the best playoff running backs ever

@RapSheet: Marshawn Lynch just signed, source said. 2 years $24 million with $12M this year. He’s back.

Thought it was really dumb when midseason people claimed there was noway he was a Seahawk next season. A lot can change (and did). Don't think he ever seriously considered retirement.

ESPN's John Clayton reports Marshawn Lynch's new contract is a one-year, $11 million deal.

Lynch was scheduled to make $8.5 million, so it's a $2.5M raise with more upfront money. He's now owed $1 million in base salary, with a $9 million signing bonus and $1M roster bonus

how much extra money did they give him for not handing him the ball?

This is interesting. Lynch could have brought that Team down. Now they reward/Bribe him to help with the locker room. Without him returning or returning happy, that team would have disintegrated. There is still a heck of a challenge to overcome though.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks have reached a revised contract with Marshawn Lynch, ensuring Lynch stays with the team for 2015.

I like Lynch actually. There's an old youtube clip of him saying Brady is a a "god of football." One of the only classy Seahawks players. Lynch would be a Patriot if not for the salary cap, he understands the game.

No matter what they pay him, he'll be broke and destitute by 43. Theres no cure for stupid.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back