PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk "Patriots can only tie for best ever - Never break any Wins record"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Marshall Faulk who we know is a very big Patriots hater and who holds a grudge since NE went out in February 2002 and toasted the Rams, comes up with another reason why the Patriots season cannot be justifed as best ever,Only as a tie for best ever season with the '72 Dolphins

He says no matter what happens with 16-0 its not a big deal because Miami did it too and even if they go 19-0 the best they can do is tie the Dolphins so the Patriots will never be better than the Dolphins only as a tie.

What this idiot refuses to understand (and was told by Sanders on the same show) is that Miami only played 14 regular season games and 17 in total but then Marshall comes back with his excuse that its still 1.000 percent anyway you look at it.

What no one forgets to add is the Patriots had to do this by convincing top free agents to play for a bit less to win a championship and had to do it during the Cap Era which was not in effect in '72

No matter what anyone ever says to Marshall he refuses to believe or admit that this years team has the potential to be the best to ever set thier cleats on a football field and god forbid someone tell him the 2007 Patriots are better than the 2001 Rams :rolleyes:

Re: Marshall Faulk "Patriots can only tie for best ever - Never break any Wins record

Marshall Faulk who we know is a very big Patriots hater and who holds a grudge since NE went out in February 2002 and toasted the Rams, comes up with another reason why the Patriots season cannot be justifed as best ever,Only as a tie for best ever season with the '72 Dolphins

He says no matter what happens with 16-0 its not a big deal because Miami did it too and even if they go 19-0 the best they can do is tie the Dolphins so the Patriots will never be better than the Dolphins only as a tie.

What this idiot refuses to understand (and was told by Sanders on the same show) is that Miami only played 14 regular season games and 17 in total but then Marshall comes back with his excuse that its still 1.000 percent anyway you look at it.

What no one forgets to add is the Patriots had to do this by convincing top free agents to play for a bit less to win a championship and had to do it during the Cap Era which was not in effect in '72

No matter what anyone ever says to Marshall he refuses to believe or admit that this years team has the potential to be the best to ever set thier cleats on a football field and god forbid someone tell him the 2007 Patriots are better than the 2001 Rams :rolleyes:
who cares what that idiot says

Re: Marshall Faulk "Patriots can only tie for best ever - Never break any Wins record

If a strike season ended with 4 games being played and a team ended @ 4-0, I guess they'd also be tied for the best team ever, still a 1.000 winning percentage! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I will always remember Faulk as the guy who ran like crazy until the money was on the table and then he was pounded into submission by Willie Mac and the boys.

Joe D's- 56 game hit streak = Pete Roses 44 game hit streak

See the logic, or lack of

So a moron said something moronic.

Why does that require a separate thread?

Huh? Since when have the 72 Dolphins ever been in any discussion as the best ever? They have the one and only perfect season, end of discussion. Then, everyone will tell you how hard it is to go undefeated in this day and age. In that equation, is a longer schedule. The only people who are going to side with Faulk are some 72 Dolphin players. BTW, anyone heard from Kutchinburg?

So, Marshall Faulk thinks the '72 Dolphins were the best team ever? That's the conclusion I get from reading what he said. I think if the Pats do go 19-0, the discussion of "best ever" is warranted. It is not an automatic distinction.

Faulk is just jealous.

The '93 cowboys would've beaten those dolphins by approximately 95 points. If you want to talk about greatest teams ever assembled, the Patriots may enter the discussion, but that discussion does not include the '72 dolphins.

he was also being laughed at by eisen, sanders and mariucci

I never thought we were breaking a record personally in regards to 16-0, just have an unbeaten season which is very hard to do...

If we do it, then just like the Dolphins, we beat every team we faced that season, simple as that.

What if a team, any team goes two consecutive perfect seasons? Are they still no better than the Fins because its about how many games you lost, not won?

Math lesson for M. Faulk : 19 > 16.

I don't see the big deal here. Perfect is Perfect, and Faulk's got a perfectly valid point about that.

Sorry, your math flies in the face of Faulkian logic.

19/19 = 17/17

Duh.

Agreed. Faulk was a good player but his math skills seem very lacking.

who cares what that idiot says
I assume you do, since you're reading the thread. :D

Faulk is biased idiot. He rarely comments or makes picks without his bias showing.
I also noticed that he isn't too keen on the Pats.
He hates the Seahawks too...
I know how you guys feel, believe me.

The names on the "naughty" list grows, but I guess we knew Faulk was on that list after embarrassing his Rams team in New Orleans. First of all, I think that we need to "sticky" a list of names that are anti-Patriots. Second, this is one of the reasons I hate having players turn into NFL analysts; they take their loyalties from the field to the booth. Mark Schelareth (sp?) and Tom Jackson love their Broncos. Michael Irvin loves his thug life, superstar wide outs. Deion Sanders loves himself. Dan Marino loves his legacy and gets bitter when anyone comes close to them. Anyone else?

they will still be the best team ever, even if they share the record!!! and they are the better team already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes