PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk on why the Bears will win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faulk needs to get away from football COMPLETELY. Just move to Montana on a ranch or something and clear his head and focus on his family or whatever and just get this itch out of his system, because he clearly has not gotten over it. Then come back when he's finally over it. Clearly he can't see how ridiculously biased he is and how embarassing and unprofessional his anti-Pats vendetta makes him look.

The Pats may lose today, but i doubt they will lose because marshall faulk says so ... or that is personel for lovie and martz... please.. stop it marshall:rolleyes:

Gump would say: Stupid is as stupid does.

As for predictions, just feel safe in knowin that he'll be wrong more often than he's right :rocker:

I can imagine Tomlinson will be a mirror image of Marshall if he gets a analyst job at one of the major sports outlets when he retires.

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for this to never happen......... Never ever.

Thanks,

Ed

I could give the same level of analysis and bias about the Jest. Of course, I lack that NFL player pedigree. :bricks:

Last edited:
I suppose telling you guys to cease watching NFL Network when Marshall Faulk is on is too obvious of a thing to say here?

I believe much of this is planned ahead of time by the show's director in a production meeting prior to the broadcast. I'm thinking the guy in charge of the show sits down with all the guys who are on camera and for every game says something like 'Pats - Bears; okay Marshall and Warren you take the Bears, Deion and Michael, you take the Patriots, Steve and Kurt you play it down the middle. Okay, next game: Jets - Dolphins. Who wants to take Miami?'

Unless it's a game between a nine-win team and a two-win team you almost always see at least one person giving a reason why the underdog could/will win. I don't think that is a coincidence; it simply makes for a better show than having everybody agree that the favorite is going to win.

Last edited:
I believe much of this is planned ahead of time by the show's director in a production meeting prior to the broadcast. I'm thinking the guy in charge of the show sits down with all the guys who are on camera and for every game says something like 'Pats - Bears; okay Marshall and Warren you take the Bears, Deion and Michael, you take the Patriots, Steve and Kurt you play it down the middle. Okay, next game: Jets - Dolphins. Who wants to take Miami?'

Unless it's a game between a nine-win team and a two-win team you almost always see at least one person giving a reason why the underdog could/will win. I don't think that is a coincidence; it simply makes for a better show than having everybody agree that the favorite is going to win.

It probably is planned in advance, though I'm sure Marshall always gets the anti-Patriots side. We could be playing some high school team and he'd pick against us.

Last edited:
I don't usually post mediot stuff but this one was so stupid and spiteful I half laughed and half shook my head in disgust.

Marshall Faulk: The Bears will beat the Patriots today because this is the first time Lovie Smith and Mike Martz have been on the same field as Bill Belichick since Super Bowl 36. This is a revenge game for the Bears. It's personal.

That has to be the stupidest and most personally slanted analysis I've ever heard. There isn't one single player on the Bears from that Rams team and Martz and Smith aren't bitter like Faulk is. What an idiot.

Why does he even bother trying to analyze games? I hope WEEI gets him on so that he can out-moron Carter...

Marshall Faulk actually did take the Pats side after a highly publicized event earlier this year:
NFL Videos: With or without Moss

Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Unless it's digital.

But fair enough, he doesn't pick against us all the time. I still can't stand listening to him talk though.

Seriously ....... how many threads this year on the PatsFans message board will be about Marshall Faulk's bias against the New England Patriots?

Its kind of entertaining, and we have an idiot to beat up on. If the Patriots meet the Rams in a Superbowl five years down the road, MF will probably say the same thing. The only ones who will be agreeing with him would be homer fans from St. Louis. Bottom line, Marshall Faulk is our official whipping boy for dumb media ex-athletes.
In regards to the running game, last MNF, the analysts got excited when we put in a big package, but didn't mention who they were. I'm guessing it was Crumpler and a lineman at fullback. Anyone remember who they were? I'm thinking we'll see a lot of that today.

Its kind of entertaining, and we have an idiot to beat up on. If the Patriots meet the Rams in a Superbowl five years down the road, MF will probably say the same thing. The only ones who will be agreeing with him would be homer fans from St. Louis. Bottom line, Marshall Faulk is our official whipping boy for dumb media ex-athletes.
In regards to the running game, last MNF, the analysts got excited when we put in a big package, but didn't mention who they were. I'm guessing it was Crumpler and a lineman at fullback. Anyone remember who they were? I'm thinking we'll see a lot of that today.
Connolly lined up as a fullback, and Wendell replaced him at right guard for a few plays near the goal line.

Connolly lined up as a fullback, and Wendell replaced him at right guard for a few plays near the goal line.

I believe Ojinnaka also checked in as a tight end too.

nmind.............

Last edited:
Thanks, I completely missed that.
All 7 active OL were on the field, with one at TE and one at FB.
Brady and BJGE plus 2 TEs (Crump and Gronk who are almost as big as OL) were the other 4.
I would venture to say with the possible exception of the Fridge at FB that is the most combined weight ever on the field for an offense at one time.
Although Jemarcus Russell at QB puts it in question no matter who the other 10 were

Marshall is just a sad figure. When was the last time he actually had some insight into a game any game, that was not just the obvious?
A true waste of space!

Quite disrespectful to one the greatest offensive players to ever live, dont you think? In the end of the day, he has the ring. Like i have ALWAYS said for about KG, marshall has the right to say whatever he wants because of what hes done on the field, same with KG, hes earned the respect to talk that trash. Also, who would i rather believe, a former NFL MVP, or a anonymous man i dont know probablly on his couch on patsfans.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down