PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk on the trading block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe we will draft David Ball as our RB even though he plays WR for UNH. Give me a break.

This is not the same guy as 4 years ago. He is broken down and not worth anything. We do not bring in a guy just because he is a future HOFer. Heck, lets get Michael Irvin. Dude, could please at least think through these things before you post? You even suggest trading more than one draft pick for Faulk. This is ridiculous. Comparing Rodney to him is stupid. Rodney's injuries have not been a result of physical breakdown. They are freak sports injuries.

Like all your posts are brilliant...If I had a dollar for all stupid posts you put on here in the past year I would be as rich as Donald Trump...Looks like we have a new NEM as king of the forum..get a life dude and chill out.

You don't like my posts or opinions then don't open the post or better yet keep me on ignore,do me a favor,I could not care less - Thanks..

If I were the NFLN I would definitely try to trade him - I doubt any other network would give anything of value for him, though . . .

We have a future HOF at RB under contact who still has two knees and scored 13 TD last season.

Faulk retired because he could not stay healthy. Defenses tackle guys in wheelchairs pretty easily these days. Why dont we go trade for Curtis Martin while we are at it?

Almighty Digger Where did your brilliant mind tell you Faulk was retired?...Looks like you don't know as much as you think you do...HE IS UNDER CONTRACT HAS NOT RETIRED YET..Get your facts straight dude and like you tell me 'before you post,think'!

Last edited:
anything marshall could do, his cousin Kevin could do. Marshall might be a upgrade MIGHT being the keyword here, as a receiving halfback..only a slight edge over kevin (but then again kevin has come clutch 100000 times for us)... I'll pass, if thats the scenario, I'd rather stick to Evans/Maroney/Faulk

With both Marshall and Kevin on the same team, our backfield would be all Faulked up!

Faulk hates the Pats after XXXVI, and picks against them every chance he can get.

He won't be coming anywhere near Foxboro.

I'd be surprised if the official retirement announcement doesn't come next.

I asked Mike Silver (SI) about this -- he and Faulk were close drinking buddies back in the day. I wanted him to sell Faulk on paying a visit to Foxboro...told him to say he'd be our "go to guy" :)

SAdly, even though Faulk looks to be interested in a comeback, Silver confided that he's lost most of the cartilage in his knees.

overused term, but he's the definitive "first-balloter." My guess is enshrinement is 5 years away...

I thought he was already out of the league retired. :D

He's washed up. And has a better runningback in front of em. Marshall Faulk was great in his day but that was about 10 years ago. :p

Almighty Digger Where did your brilliant mind tell you Faulk was retired?...Looks like you don't know as much as you think you do...HE IS UNDER CONTRACT HAS NOT RETIRED YET..Get your facts straight dude and like you tell me 'before you post,think'!

Its ok, your still the idiot who wants to trade multiple picks for some old fart who would go to our IR. And you call my posts stupid? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why would it be great? Because you have a future HOFer and and young promising runner combo..That would not be good to you?

No NE probably won't offer much money,They rarily do,but its a possibility like any player thats released or up for trade,Possibly for a mid to low round draft choice or two this year and next?,I would.

i have to agree with digger on this one. im sorry but there is a reason that the rams dont want him back, i mean they would rather have stephen davis coming off a major knee surgery backing up jackson as opposed to marshall. hes old, he has had bad knees for years now. just because someone is a HOF and was a great player 5 years ago dosnt mean anything in 2007. i mean if thats the case lets bring in emmit smith and jim brown out of retirement. then we'll be unstoppable...i mean their HOF's...right?

i have to agree with digger on this one. im sorry but there is a reason that the rams dont want him back, i mean they would rather have stephen davis coming off a major knee surgery backing up jackson as opposed to marshall. hes old, he has had bad knees for years now. just because someone is a HOF and was a great player 5 years ago dosnt mean anything in 2007. i mean if thats the case lets bring in emmit smith and jim brown out of retirement. then we'll be unstoppable...i mean their HOF's...right?

that really seems to be his logic, but i am the stupid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots