PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk on NFL - "Don't be surprised if McDaniels does BB a favor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Marshall Faulk on NFL - "Don't be surprised if McDaniels does BB a favor"

I hear on the radio that Welker might be out for a year. So I would try to trade for Eddie Royal instead of Marshall.

Re: OT: Marshall Faulk on NFL - "Don't be surprised if McDaniels does BB a favor"

Would be stunned if Marshall was traded for a 2nd rounder. Stunned. Not gonna happen.

Anyone who thinks Miles Austin or Calvin Johnson are going to be traded are living in dream world.

And to whoever brought up D-Williams, we had a chance to draft him and passed. He's also much better than Stewart btw, not close.

Million dollar talent with a $.10 head...unless this is all an act to get out of Denver onto a team that will be perennial contenders his talent level is not worth the grief he will bring.

Would be stunned if Marshall was traded for a 2nd rounder. Stunned. Not gonna happen.

Anyone who thinks Miles Austin or Calvin Johnson are going to be traded are living in dream world.

And to whoever brought up D-Williams, we had a chance to draft him and passed. He's also much better than Stewart btw, not close.

Miles Austin will be an UFA with a cap and an RFA without a cap. The Pats can sign him without trading for him. Even at the highest RFA tender, someone could decide that it is worth a first and a third for him and signs him to a restrictive contract that the Cowboys can't match.

I don't see him going for anything less then a 1st rounder. He's got some issues, no doubt, but he doesn't have any veteran leadership there either. You put him with Brady and company and I think he'd work out just fine. Plus, you'd get the best years out of him versus getting an older veteran who's lost a step. He might be as good as Moss was in his younger years.

And yes, I would trade a 1st rounder for him. It's not like we've exactly been stellar at drafting WR's lately.

T.O. is coming, not marshall.

Faulk is as dumb as a bag of hammers, and say for a 1st round? hahah. All the "headcases" that came our way were for much less.

Braylon Edwards was traded for a 2nd and 5th rounder just recently. I think that's where his price would start and go higher.

I would give up a 2nd and 3rd rounder. Maybe even a 1st.

The way I look at it, we haven't had any luck drafting and developing skill players on the offensive side to the elite level besides Brady. I think Marshall has shown that he can be an elite player.

As far as his "bad" behavior, I guess Bill would have to make that decision if he is worth it. We brought in Dillon, who was a notorious malcontent in Cincy so anything is possible.

1) There are no favors for Josh to give. Josh does not control where Marshall goes. If he wants a 1st and no hassles, he can tender him at the second level and someone will offer a 1st (best choice for the broncos). More likely, he will tender Marshall at the top tender, hoping for a 1st and 3rd. Certainly, Josh can expect no cooperation from Marshall.

2) In a no-cap year, there may be better options in the RFA market, like Austen. There are two problems with this approach. First, most of these players will re-sign or will want top money. Why should they want to come to the patriots to be the #2 or #3 receiver. Why should the patriots pay Moss money for a #2 or #3 receiver? This could happen only if the patriots wern't planning to re-sign Moss. But, what receiver wants to wait for that to happen to be the #1 receiver.

3) Many posters look at the top receivers in the league, wanting the patriots to trade for them for a reasonable pick and then not give them top money, AND expect them to be the #2 receiver and #3 when Welker is back. None of this is reasonable.

BOTTOM LINE
The patriots will try all levels open to them to secure a receiver or two. I expect that we will bring in at least two. Last year, we brought in Lewis and Galloway. We have a greater need this year and should be willing to spend more in trade and in compensation.

The only possible thing I can think of is if he cuts a WR now so we can sign him instead of waiting until after the season is over. A guy like Brandon Stokely is a vet who they could part ways with but could help a team in the playoffs. He played in the Denver offense this year which is basically the same offense that we run, he's smart, and he's just one of those guys that is all about the team and winning. He'd be a pretty good guy to have in the offense to replace Welker for the rest of the season.

I don't know if this is even possible, but that's the only possible thing I could see happening.

Someone dont forget the Superbowl .

Meh, blame Mike Martz, no Bellichick fault

I predict BB will trade Julian Edelman and a 2nd rounder for Marshall. McDaniels would love a Wes Welker type player.

I hear on the radio that Welker might be out for a year. So I would try to trade for Eddie Royal instead of Marshall.

I doubt that McDaniels would deal Royal; would kill his leverage with Marshall, and Orton will need to have some familiar targets out there next year. I'd love to get him, though- would be a very good receiver for us, and would instantly solve our return issues.

Last edited:
I mean, I would trade a 1st for marhsall in a heartbeat, I mean, one of the most talented recievers in the nfl.
This draft is very very deep, we can still get a great draft without a first.
BB and brady would keep him in order

I doubt that McDaniels would deal Royal; would kill his leverage with Marshall, and Orton will need to have some familiar targets out there next year. I'd love to get him, though- would be a very good receiver for us, and would instantly solve our return issues.

Well, both Orton and Marshall are free agents.

I was thinking maybe Royal's value has dropped after this season. I would offer Denver a third round pick if New England had one. Maybe, a second round pick since New England owns three of them. But I'll start with a third (or fourth in this case) since he's coming off of a sub-par season. If not Royal, perhaps you talk to Miami about Davone Bess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back