Welcome to PatsFans.com

Marshall Faulk on NFL - "Don't be surprised if McDaniels does BB a favor"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by slash83, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -0

They were talking about where Brandon Marshall might end up next season. Faulk just threw out there that lil quote..

He says done be surprised if McD's trades Marshall to BB for a 1st rnd pick.

Not gonna happen..

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,064 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Re: OT: Marshall Faulk on NFL - "Don't be surprised if McDaniels does BB a favor"

A headcase for a first round pick? Is that a favor nowadays? Jesus, Faulk is dumb.

3. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -7

#12 Jersey

Re: OT: Marshall Faulk on NFL - "Don't be surprised if McDaniels does BB a favor"

I'd take him for a 2nd, and I bet that's the most MickeyDaniels is gonna get for him. Young Josh so recently fleeced Chicago with a BB inspired Jedi-ripoff trade that the rest of the league will be mighty skeptical of any offer Denver proposes...

4. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,104 / 197 / -145

Disable Jersey

Not to knock you or Faulk but, if the teams going to trade away picks for players, I'd rather ship two 1sts, or whatever is needed, to Detroit for Calvin Johnson. If you're going to shop in the high rent district, you might as well pay for the best you can get.

5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,619 / 20 / -10

#3 Jersey

Trading Marshall for a first is not JMcD doing BB a favor.

And, besides, Sanders Claus would be pissed, because he wants to see TO here. :)

6. slash83

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -0

I didnt say it , I was just relaying what Faulk said. I personally wouldnt do it for a 1st, maybe a 2nd but not a 1st.

7. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,104 / 197 / -145

Disable Jersey

I understand. I was just throwing it out there since you were the O.P., and I didn't want you to mistake my meaning and think I was arguing with you in any way.

8. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I would love to see the guy here in Foxboro next season. Welker won't be back till possibly the later part of the season. Who is going to pick up those catches? This team is terrible at drafting RB's and WR's.

9. slash83

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -0

Yeah its all good.

10. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 20 / -4

#12 Jersey

I'd be okay with Marshall for a second. Better than drafting another Chad Jackson- Marshall may be a headcase, but at least we know he can play.

btw, the tags on this thread are fantastic.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  11. The_Riddler

The_Riddler 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -2

I thought he was a UFA after this season ?

12. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,619 / 20 / -10

#3 Jersey

He would have been if 2010 were capped. No cap = six years for UFA status.

13. bostonia3333

bostonia3333 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +7 / 9 / -4

Faulk may be an idiot, but I want Brandon Marshall! We have 3 round 2 picks. I'd trade for B. Marshall in a heartbeat--most star WRs are headcases anyway, it's just something you gotta live with. I think we are in desperation mode here in the WR department. Welker won't be back till next years playoffs(if we get there)

14. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +922 / 6 / -9

I'd be willing to gamble on him for a 2nd round pick.

15. MoneyFX

MoneyFX On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, the Patriots do NEED a third option. Watson and Baker don't cut it, Tate blew his knee, Edelman is just a rookie and Aiken is a special teamer. Faulk isn't enough either. Please Bill Belichick!!!!!!!! Please upgrade the receiving corps!!!!!!

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,019 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

Your right ... and anyone expecting anything other than what we have is going to be disappointed. Bill may draft one ... or sign an undrafted FA. Already enough money being spent at that position.

17. slash83

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -0

So would I, its probably going to cost a decent amount of cash to sign him, but looking down the road Moss probably has 2 maybe 3 years left in him im predicting. Imagine Marshall and Moss outside, Welker and Edelman in the slots.

18. slash83

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -0

I hear ya, but Im guessing Moss only has 2 years maybe 3 of playing in the NFL. It wouldnt be dumb on the Patriots side to pay a young stud WR for a couple years even while Moss is still here.

19. The_Riddler

The_Riddler 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -2

Try 1 year, what makes you think Randy will re-up after next season, he almost left 2 years ago. We're lucky we re-signed him to that 3 year deal.

A #2 for Brandon Marshall is a no-brainer. The guy is a game-changer.

20. slash83

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -0

Just a hunch really, he can still play at a high level even if doesnt have the same speed or jumping ability he once had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.