PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk officially announces his retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Just saw on NFL Network, Faulk will announce he is officialy retiring on Monday in the NFL meetings. He is an analyst on the NFL Network currently.

Re: Marshall Faulk officialy announces his retirement

"After a long and illustrious career, I have decided to announce my retirement. I would like to thank all of you."

Applause as he leaves the podium...Faulk stops for a moment, then returns to the microphone.

"Also, the New England Patriots stole Superbowl 36."

Now if he would only retire as a TV analyst...

he was a good player, good for him to walk away like that

Faulk issued the following statement, "It has been an honor and pleasure to play in the National Football League. I'd like to thank all my teammates and coaches with whom I've been associated over the past 13 seasons as well as the fans who supported me throughout the years. I gave the game my passion, and it gave me a wonderful career and memories that I will always be thankful for."

In NFL history, Faulk is No. 9 all-time in career rushing yards (12,279) and tied for sixth in rushing touchdowns (100). In 2000, he was named the league's MVP after setting an NFL single-season record with 26 touchdowns.

After a stellar career with San Diego State, he played his first five seasons in the NFL with the Indianapolis Colts. After a blockbuster trade to St. Louis in 1999, he helped lead his new team to a Super Bowl title in his first season with the Rams. In that season, he had 2,429 yards from scrimmage -- an NFL record that still stands -- and became the second player in NFL history to have 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving in the same season.

He was named The Associated Press Offensive Player of the Year in three consecutive seasons (1999-2001) and was named to seven Pro Bowls.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10080658

Don't really like him but I respect him as a player.

"After a long and illustrious career, I have decided to announce my retirement. I would like to thank all of you."

Applause as he leaves the podium...Faulk stops for a moment, then returns to the microphone.

"Also, the New England Patriots stole Superbowl 36."
You're kidding, right?

I suppose he's first ballot HOF. So, who took him out of SB36 more, the Patriots or Mike Martz?

Hehe those were not his actual words I believe. :)

Marshall Faulk had a stretch of offensive dominance that definitely makes him a HOFer in my book. Fun to play on Madden in his prime. Fortunately the Pats shut him down in the Superbowl. Thank you Willie!

You're kidding, right?

I suppose he's first ballot HOF. So, who took him out of SB36 more, the Patriots or Mike Martz?

I'm kidding in the sense that the speech didn't happen, but I'm serious in the sense that he's said, ad nauseum, that the Pats stole the Superbowl. Also, he's a whiny pansy.

Hehe those were not his actual words I believe. :)

Marshall Faulk had a stretch of offensive dominance that definitely makes him a HOFer in my book. Fun to play on Madden in his prime. Fortunately the Pats shut him down in the Superbowl. Thank you Willie!

Faulk definitely belongs in the HOF.

I'm kidding in the sense that the speech didn't happen, but I'm serious in the sense that he's said, ad nauseum, that the Pats stole the Superbowl. Also, he's a whiny pansy.
Gotcha. If he means the Patriots stole the SB in the vein that the Pats "had no right winning it" because they were huge underdogs, OK, but I'd still call him a sore loser. In any other sense, he's completely wrong because we took it to them the whole game and clearly deserved to win.

Now if he would only retire as a TV analyst...

My first thought as well, ugh! He makes it tough to watch!

Just saw on NFL Network, Faulk will announce he is officialy retiring on Monday in the NFL meetings. He is an analyst on the NFL Network currently.

That sucks i was looking forward to not hearing his mouth any more. Was also hoping for the Pats to put another ass whipin on him.

Jim Brown might announce his retirement next week too.

Great player and an annoying, whiny baby and a Patriots hater. So another words I hate his guts.

Not really but sort of.

He changed the position. Reggie Bush wont touch him.

He changed the position. Reggie Bush wont touch him.

agreed...he will be a first ballot HOF. if and when curtis martin retires this year, he should join faulk in that same HOF class.

hey so you guys know if you go to the NFL.com homepage there is a link for a video that sort of highlights his career...sometimes i forget just how good he was, some of this guys moves were just sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes