PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk Just Said

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would never cross his mind that it says more about the organization's ability to develop QBs and have a plan B vs the Colts having no plan B and thus it makes Manning, his buddy, look more valuable. Cassel making the pro bowl with another team killed that myth and it will take Flynn doing similar to kill this one.

In the minds of Hateriots, that means nothing.

I don't really see the big deal here. There have been people denigrating Brady for the same thing, ever since Cassel went 11-5.

Yes and we all know that's dumb too. The manning thing this year has made it worse because they conveniently ignore the colts lack of a backup, offensive coaching, and the fact they were declining anyway. I honestly think if Brees went down the Saints would still win 10 games given the coaching, talent, and backup who knows the system. Same with the Packers. Holding superior coaching against Rodgers is dumb just like it was with Brady.

Okay, if he wanted to argue that Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning are better than Aaron Rodgers, I could see his point, just because they've been doing it longer, and undeniably the Packers wide receivers have been unbelievably productive, which does help a QB's numbers a ton (see Moss, Randy and Culpepper, Daunte, not to mention Brady, Tom).

However, Eli Manning > Rodgers? Really Marshall?

Aaron Rodgers a system QB? Pretty funny, although it doesn't help the two times he has been out Flynn has put up good (record setting) numbers.

Let's not be hypocrites; people said the same thing about Brady since the Pats went 11-5 with Cassel, a QB who didn't start since high school previously.

Aaron Rodgers a system QB? Pretty funny, although it doesn't help the two times he has been out Flynn has put up good (record setting) numbers.

or it just means that Flynn is at the very least a solid QB himself.

<Insert current "hot" QB> with comment <is a system Quarterback>. Wash, rinse, repeat cycle <insert year>.

Last edited:
You're just as ridiculous as faulk. Rodgers is a superbowl MVP, is an All-pro this year and will win MVP also. Only Brady and Manning are the other quaterbacks that have that resume in the league today. Rodgers has thrown for more than 4000 yards every year he has started and led his team to the playoff three out of four times (3 straight years). I don't need to wait more for more years me to see that Rodgers is a great quaterback on the same level as Manning and Brady. You can see that he's a guy who has gotten better than every year, just like we saw brady and manning do. Other than injury, i don't see what can prevent Rodgers from maintaining this level of play.

yeah definitely. He has gotten a lot better over the last 2 years.. and if he stays healthy he could go down as one of the most dangerous QB's to ever play.. but he has to show a high level of consistency that only a few QB's have been able to do. And he has had some outstanding weapons to thrown 2.. lets not forget that. Brady hasnt always had the cream of the crop in NE.. he has gone to title games with Jags.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to cement himself as one of the greatest QBs ever to play. I'd take him over Brees without even thinking about it, no cozy dome and fantastic running game to fall back on on Aaron's case.

He's only below Brady and Manning, in my view.

That he would not put Aaron Rodgers in the same "top tier" category as he would Brady, Brees and the two Mannings. His logic was that Matt Flynn's performance last week demonstrated that anyone could perform in the Packers' system.

I know there have been several threads on how awful Faulk is as a commentator. But I just thought I'd share. Honestly, I like the NFL Network's coverage - I think Irvin is entertaining and that Sapp and Warner are generally very insightful. But Faulk is just pathetic.
all of them are better then anything that espn has to offer. im even sick of teddy on espn if you can believe it. i loath espn.

Anyone else remember his hall of fame speech from last summer?

It was speech by numbers, and freaking hilarious.

(something he did on the field) + (his upbringing) + a smug self-congratulatory smirk and nod while saying "Not. Bad."

Giant head, difficulty thinking, poorly spaced eyes...I feel bad for him. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is a sad thing.

That he would not put Aaron Rodgers in the same "top tier" category as he would Brady, Brees and the two Mannings. His logic was that Matt Flynn's performance last week demonstrated that anyone could perform in the Packers' system.

I know there have been several threads on how awful Faulk is as a commentator. But I just thought I'd share. Honestly, I like the NFL Network's coverage - I think Irvin is entertaining and that Sapp and Warner are generally very insightful. But Faulk is just pathetic.

Let me get this straight. Having a competent back-up is a bad thing.:)

Let's not be hypocrites; people said the same thing about Brady since the Pats went 11-5 with Cassel, a QB who didn't start since high school previously.

How is it hypocritical to point out someone said something stupid because other people have said equally stupid things?

I'm certain Faulk still believes that Montana was just a system QB as well.

Of course he was just a system QB. In 1991 when he was hurt they went 10-6 without him! In fact, I think that year proves both Montana and Young were nothing but system Qbs because when both were hurt, Steve Bono led them to 5 wins. :rolleyes:

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to cement himself as one of the greatest QBs ever to play. I'd take him over Brees without even thinking about it, no cozy dome and fantastic running game to fall back on on Aaron's case.

He's only below Brady and Manning, in my view.

I love Marshall Faulk. He coughs up a phlegm ball almost every show. His question to Michael Irvin was about whether Eli Manning is a "top tier" quarterback with Brady, Manning and Brees. Good question.

Eli and Rodgers are right there with those guys. No mention of Ben Roethlisberger.

Let me get this straight. Having a competent back-up is a bad thing.:)

*ding ding ding* You guessed the correct answer. You win the Marshall Faulk blow up doll...nuthing but air inside that head of his.

Yeah.... I don't really care what Faulk says, and you are all blowing it out of proportion and piling everything on Faulk. I thought it was pretty obvious this topic of "system QB" would come up after Flynns performance. It's pretty ridiculous and no need to get all worked up about it.

So, with heavy sarcasm I'll say this.

Leave Faulk alone. :cry2:

Faulk's an idiot off the field. He still hasn't gotten over the Pats' putting an end to the Greatest Show on Turf's run at a "Dynasty" in SB XXXVI.

I chalk this one up to the old saying that if you sit a million monkeys at a typewriter for a million years sooner or later they'll pound out War and Peace. It's not politically correct to say it in this era of Packer Media Adoration, but Rodgers still has to earn the right to be mentioned in the same breath as Peyton and Brady. Faulk just happened to get that right; doesn't mean he still isn't an idiot.

I know it is not "War and Peace" but...

It was the best of times, It was the blurst of times. - YouTube

Last edited:

At some point, even the biggest idiots will have to give in to the fact that Brady is just that damn good. This is just the beginning of the road to clarity for Faulk.

As far as I'm concerned - He can stand on the desk of the NFL network stage and declare Tommy the greatest and Bill a genius and I'll still hate this miserable little man.

He redefines Douche.

Marshall F***k and even Warner still anger me for questioning how the Patriots won the Super Bowl against them.

They forget Spygate was about defensive signals. The Patriots offense scored all of 10 points against the Rams. The Patriots D largely snuffed them out.

The walkthrough story was totally bogus.

And then this: Boston.com / Sports / Bruins

Who was spying on whom?

My favorite NFL game day panel... M Faulk Micheal Irvin and Emitt Smith. Lots of brain power there. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back