PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk Just Said

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
That he would not put Aaron Rodgers in the same "top tier" category as he would Brady, Brees and the two Mannings. His logic was that Matt Flynn's performance last week demonstrated that anyone could perform in the Packers' system.

I know there have been several threads on how awful Faulk is as a commentator. But I just thought I'd share. Honestly, I like the NFL Network's coverage - I think Irvin is entertaining and that Sapp and Warner are generally very insightful. But Faulk is just pathetic.

wow...just wow.

this is news to you?

too many hits to the head Faulk should be kept comfortable, given sunlight and watered daily..that's about it

Faulk is from New Orleans and is mad Rodgers is going to win the MVP over Brees.

I never thought someone would make Skip Bayless seem reasonable by comparison...just wow.

Aaron Rodgers a system QB? Pretty funny, although it doesn't help the two times he has been out Flynn has put up good (record setting) numbers.

Just ludicrous.

But no matter what he says now it won't equal his 2007 high-point, when he said the Colts were better than the Pats on the oline, at RB, at TE, at receivers, and at QB.

He never did explain how the Pats put up 139 more points than the Colts.

Sounds like a desperate ploy by Faulk to get some attention. I think it's more odd that he seemingly said something remote positive about the Pats.

helpful hint: watch NFL network, but with clicker in hand. When Faulk is about to speak, change channels.

This strategy is very helpful in controlling your blood pressure and in keeping your brain cells.

That he would not put Aaron Rodgers in the same "top tier" category as he would Brady, Brees and the two Mannings. His logic was that Matt Flynn's performance last week demonstrated that anyone could perform in the Packers' system.

I know there have been several threads on how awful Faulk is as a commentator. But I just thought I'd share. Honestly, I like the NFL Network's coverage - I think Irvin is entertaining and that Sapp and Warner are generally very insightful. But Faulk is just pathetic.

Marshall Faulk is an incredibly stupid person. Incredibly stupid people say incredibly stupid things.

Eli does not belong in the same sentence as the others. NY and Manning hype.

What is entertaining about a screaming out of control crackhead?

Never mind.. I think I answered my own question.

I'm certain Faulk still believes that Montana was just a system QB as well.

this is news to you?

too many hits to the head Faulk should be kept comfortable, given sunlight and watered daily..that's about it

I take it from that that you are not applying for the job of "Concussion and Head Injury Policy Coordinator" for the NFLPA. :)

Last edited:
Sounds like a desperate ploy by Faulk to get some attention. I think it's more odd that he seemingly said something remote positive about the Pats.

Hah! exactly. My brain is still trying to reconcile this fact with the thread title; doesn't know how to respond.

I do like NFLN for the simple fact I don't have to watch ESPN or those other network shows. Faulk is a tool and Sapp can be annoying, but overall it's good stuff.

If Pats fans want something to quibble about re: NFLN, I have two little things:
- Warner puts Stafford above Brady in his top 5 QB for the year. I never find Warner to be a good analyst; as I've said before, I can see why his outside-of-football job was stocking groceries.
- Seems like every time they go to Willie McG and the patriots are in the discussion, they tease him about being a former Pat and will he back his own team. Maybe I'm biased :D but I find him to be pretty neutral in relation to his background, compared to Faulk, Warner and Sapp.

Faulk's an idiot off the field. He still hasn't gotten over the Pats' putting an end to the Greatest Show on Turf's run at a "Dynasty" in SB XXXVI.

I chalk this one up to the old saying that if you sit a million monkeys at a typewriter for a million years sooner or later they'll pound out War and Peace. It's not politically correct to say it in this era of Packer Media Adoration, but Rodgers still has to earn the right to be mentioned in the same breath as Peyton and Brady. Faulk just happened to get that right; doesn't mean he still isn't an idiot.

Last edited:
Hah! exactly. My brain is still trying to reconcile this fact with the thread title; doesn't know how to respond.

I do like NFLN for the simple fact I don't have to watch ESPN or those other network shows. Faulk is a tool and Sapp can be annoying, but overall it's good stuff.

If Pats fans want something to quibble about re: NFLN, I have two little things:
- Warner puts Stafford above Brady in his top 5 QB for the year. I never find Warner to be a good analyst; as I've said before, I can see why his outside-of-football job was stocking groceries.
- Seems like every time they go to Willie McG and the patriots are in the discussion, they tease him about being a former Pat and will he back his own team. Maybe I'm biased :D but I find him to be pretty neutral in relation to his background, compared to Faulk, Warner and Sapp.

Ha, that's a great line!

Brett Favre: system QB

I don't really see the big deal here. There have been people denigrating Brady for the same thing, ever since Cassel went 11-5.

Well, Rogers may not be a system QB but it may be that Flynn is a starter in his own right. He put up 6 TD's against the Lions? in their final game (6 that Rogers needed to break Brady's TD record).
So the Pats can take heart with our winning against Green Bay last year. People downplay that because it was Flynn at QB but we beat a Super Bowl team with a darn good QB. We can do it again!

It would never cross his mind that it says more about the organization's ability to develop QBs and have a plan B vs the Colts having no plan B and thus it makes Manning, his buddy, look more valuable. Cassel making the pro bowl with another team killed that myth and it will take Flynn doing similar to kill this one.

Faulk's an idiot off the field. He still hasn't gotten over the Pats' putting an end to the Greatest Show on Turf's run at a "Dynasty" in SB XXXVI.

I chalk this one up to the old saying that if you sit a million monkeys at a typewriter for a million years sooner or later they'll pound out War and Peace. It's not politically correct to say it in this era of Packer Media Adoration, but Rodgers still has to earn the right to be mentioned in the same breath as Peyton and Brady. Faulk just happened to get that right; doesn't mean he still isn't an idiot.

You're just as ridiculous as faulk. Rodgers is a superbowl MVP, is an All-pro this year and will win MVP also. Only Brady and Manning are the other quaterbacks that have that resume in the league today. Rodgers has thrown for more than 4000 yards every year he has started and led his team to the playoff three out of four times (3 straight years). I don't need to wait more for more years me to see that Rodgers is a great quaterback on the same level as Manning and Brady. You can see that he's a guy who has gotten better than every year, just like we saw brady and manning do. Other than injury, i don't see what can prevent Rodgers from maintaining this level of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes