PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk blames 9/11 for losing Superbowl to the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone please explain something to me...

Did he say that the pats waited to stretch or knew the routine and coordinated their stretching around the ceremony or something?

im missing something.

And the terrorists win again!

F^cking Osama Bin Laden denied Marshal Faulk his ring? I wonder if he lists that on his terrorist mastermind resume, right under murder and mayhem.

F^cking Osama Bin Laden denied Marshal Faulk his ring? I wonder if he lists that on his terrorist mastermind resume, right under murder and mayhem.

Blame Belichick! I'll bet that sneaky, under-handed cheater had something to do with it! He probably has Bin Laden's cell phone # and planned the whole thing! Video-gate is just the tip of the ice berg! That Marshall Faulk is one fart smella.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now I will start off saying this is obviously overblown, but listening to ESPN Radio Daily (because I am bored, I usually can't stand it) for 1/30, Marshall Faulk told Colin Cowherd that he felt the advantage of playing in a previous Super Bowl was taken away by the 9/11 opening. Instead of stretching/ warming up then playing 15 minutes later, there was a 40 minute presentation for 9/11, and they ended up starting the game cold.
This guy is a **** and a Patriots hater.

Now I understand he probably means no disrespect, just sounded really bad coming from a guy who obviously hates the Pats, and probably freedom.
He also mentioned he can't watch that Super Bowl again.

That's insulting on a number of different levels.

The Rams were declaring themselves a dynasty before that game - and now they're just making excuses. Bottom line - they're a footnote in NFL history - nothing more.

I thought they were cousins? At least that's what the announcers have said at certain games. On the topic at hand, it's a good thing the pats always approach things like this as 'well both teams have the same conditions'!

I really think that the "they're cousins!" argument/agreement has to do with the fact that they're running backs, black, and both have the surname Faulk. If one or more of the previous were not true, the idea wouldn't be an issue. Instead, they come up with some BS like "we're third cousins" which doesn't mean anything at all (anyone with my surname might as well be a third cousin).

What 9/11 did do is eliminate the bye week.......giving the advantage to the better coaching staff who could game plan faster.....

how the hell do you let troy brown get 20+ yards and get out of bounds. And before that, JR Redmond jukes out a LB and gets 10+ yards before scampering out of bounds....SUCKERS. The 2 minute prevent defense is a b!tch, Marshall.

What a sh*thead. It gives me great pleasure knowing that the Patriots are making him miserable.

a guy who obviously hates the Pats, and probably freedom.

He "probably" hates freedom now?

How about this: He doesn't like the Patriots because, helloooooooooooooo, the Patriots beat him up and took away his dynasty. What do you want him to act like?

How do guys around here act toward the Colts? You wouldn't be another Marshall Faulk would you?

This has to be one of the most ridiculous 'Pats hater club' have said so far. If he didn't know there was going to be 40minute presentation before the game, either he wasn't paying attention or Mike Martz is bigger douche bag than I thought he was.

You guys are over the deep end. Way, way over.

He "probably" hates freedom now?

I think that was a joke, as in not meant to be taken literally. Yeah.

How about this: He doesn't like the Patriots because, helloooooooooooooo, the Patriots beat him up and took away his dynasty. What do you want him to act like?

Like an adult. That would be a good start. I don't think Kurt Warner would be immature enough to always pick against the Patriots out of spite if he were in the same position as Faulk.

How do guys around here act toward the Colts? You wouldn't be another Marshall Faulk would you?

Spare us, will you? Seriously? We already have to deal with makewayhomer's hollow diplomatic act, we don't need another around here.

But I will say this... I would probably resent the Colts more if they had the same impact on the Patriots as the Patriots had on the Rams, which wasn't to be the case. Colts got the better end of us on the third try, and now the Pats have responded with the best season the league has ever seen. The Rams lost the SB to the Pats and haven't been the same ever since.

I will also say that Faulk is to be held on a different standard than fans on a message board. He is paid to give "expert" analysis to a national audience. If he wants to just be a yahoo like any other Rams fan with the harbored resentment against the Pats, he ought to stop masquerading as an impartial analyst because he's not doing a good job of it.

For the 2001 Super Bowl, the Patriots came out and flat-out played and coached the best game of their life. There was far more talent on the other sideline that year. I can understand how that can aggrivate Faulk, but he should really not try to blame other things for the loss. The players on the field decided the outcome, nothing else.

Did the 9-11 celebration mess up their routine? Yes. Did it hurt more than it helped? Probably. Did it determine the outcome of the game? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back