PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marquise Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

brady199

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Marquise Hill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"On the evening of May 27, 2007, Hill and his friend, Ashley Blazio, fell off a jet ski in Lake Pontchartrain, north of New Orleans. Neither of them wore personal flotation or tracking devices. According to Hill's agent, who spoke with Blazio, Hill "ended up saving her life, keeping her calm until she could grab onto a buoy."

Every Year during Memorial Day Weekend I always find myself thinking back to 4 years ago, when we all heard the horrific news that Marquise was missing. I remember vividly, driving around doing errands and listening to the radio, and holding out hope.

I also remember reading some people writing some disgusting posts right after his death (hope they were perma-banned). Whether he was a bust or Tom Brady, he was a New England Patriot, and he will be remembered.

I posted the Wiki link, becasue even though I remember the news, I forgot how he helped save a life that day.

Rest in peace Marquise. Died way too young.

I also remember reading some people writing some disgusting posts right after his death (hope they were perma-banned). Whether he was a bust or Tom Brady, he was a New England Patriot, and he will be remembered.

I have a more vivid memory of people posting "I apologize for saying bad things about him before."

Marquise Hill was a bust as an NFL player. He was a fine football player even so. He was a good guy. Even if he hadn't been, his death would have been a great shame. He made a reckless, unfortunately fatal mistake.

None of those apparent truths detracts from the others.

Remember to wear your PFD's in the open water people. And keep a close eye on the kids for good measure. Water's fun but can turn deadly in a heartbeat. Have a fun and safe weekend all.

Thanks for the reminder.

I remember Marquise's passing very well. I wasn't one of those people who published negative opinions about him as a player, but I know that I only learned about his personality -- how much he was loved -- after he died. It was a lesson for all of us. Does anyone know how his family are doing? Is Mashy still living with Jarvis Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes