PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marquise Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsSteve1 said:
* Wright didn't just play ST's. He played in the reg D, too. Not in a regular rotation, but he got in many more D plays than Hill has in 2 years. Wright had more tackles, 4 against Miami last year than Hill has in his nfl career.
Doesn't negate the reason he was active, special teams. Will be interesting to see how he develops and what position.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I concede that you are an expert in being wrong.
Read again S..L..O..W..L..Y. You're mixing up posts.
It was not I and not steve1 but TerryGlennIsACowgirl that 1st made the comparison (see post #21) and to whom I initially responded (post #27). When I first discussed BJ, I was responding to TGIAC. Then somehow you got 'confused' and are too stubborn to admit it, ranting on and on.

Hmm.. Let me get this straight. I quote YOU, not TGAIC, and you are ignorant enough to think I got you confused. Seems to me that the expert in being wrong is you, PWP. But, don't take any responsibility for your posts.
PatsWickedPissah said:
No! You don't say!
Both steve1 (who is quite capable of explaining himself) and I were simply citing comparitive playing time in RESPONSE to the comparison initiated by another. Steve1 did bring up Mike Wright, who (OMG!) plays a DIFFERENT position on the DL than Hill. Whoa! Nobody knew that!

How can you cite playing time as a comparitive without taking into consideration the factors governing that playing time. Factors that INCLUDE position in the depth chart (Wright is the primary reserve while Hill is not) and needs at other positions for the game day roster?
PatsWickedPissah said:
ROTFL! You just did it. You 'compared' Hill to players at different positions, an egregious offense in your opinion.
Perhaps now you can see the silliness of your rant.
Somehow, I doubt it.

Hmm.. I didn't COMPARE Hill to anyone. I asked you a question. Its obvious that you can't be bothered to answer it. Who would you have taken off the game day roster to play Hill? That isn't a comparison. Its a simple question.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Cite one a them salient facts for me.
In summary, in response to a post by another poster likening the 2 players as busts, I stated that so far BJ, whom I'm NOT high on, has contributed much more than Hill, whom I project as a BUST based upon no contribution for 2 years as a round 2 pick.

Hopefully, NEM will be right for the 1st time.

I did show you a FACT. I showed you several that you clearly ignore. But, you just keep right on going, PWP. BTW, Hill was drafted as a 3 year project. I bet you were in the camp touting Graham as a bust as well even though Belichick stated, several times, that it takes 3 years for TEs to fully develop.

BTW, Believe it or not, NEM's been right before and I am sure he'll be right again some time in the future.

Last edited:
I give Hill a pass because he is a project. However, I disagree with much of the analysis, but strongly agree with this post. If Hill is the athlete that he is supposed to be, he should be able step up enough to play 3-4 plays a game at NT. He should be much, much more valuable than Wright on the active squad. The four ahead of him can all start at NT; why can't Hill be a backup? I understand that Hill's primary position is DE, but that doesn't matter. Patriot defensive linemen are supposed to be flexible and play all positions.

To put it another way, the DL would be all set for years if Hill were as good a backup as Green was when he was drafted. As it is, I think we should draft a DL to take Klecko's spot on the roster, and perhaps another to compete with Wright. We are extremely vulnerable to injury unless Hill or someone else develops. We've had to play with two injuries at various positions. We can't afford that at DL.

spacecrime said:
No reason. Seymour played NT in 2001, in spite of the fact that people said he was too tall, and played too high. We did okay that year, IIRC. In 2003 Warren played NT for about 8 weeks while Ted Washington was hurt, and our run defense improved statistically.

DaBruinz said:
Again, how can you compare a guy who was #2 on the depth chart at NT to a guy who is #4 on the depth chart at DE? You seem oblivious to the idea that having a 4th DE on the game roster was of less importance when the Pats were hurting for DBs and LBs.

* And you seem obliviopus to the fact that if Hill were any good they'd have de-acvtivated Wright and used any of Warren, Seymour or Green to back up Wilfork. Poistion flexibilty is a big deal to BB. The fact is, Hill has shown nothing and Wright has actually done pretty well for a UDFA. That Wright was active and Hill not active are related. And in my original post about this subject , I mention Wright being a NT and Hill a DE played a part in which was active. So, what's the problem?

DaBruinzI did show you a FACT. I showed you several that you clearly ignore. But said:
Finally, you hit paydirt. On a different issue, but paydirt. Yes, I did think and undoubtedly say elsewhere USENET that Graham was gonna be a bust. Didn't like what I saw in his 1st training camp or in his later 1st year performance. His eventual performance subsequently proved me wrong.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
No slick, you're the dud on this...Johnson is just dumb.

If he was legit, than he would have passed Givens on the depth chart. He is prolly 1 step ahead of Donald Hayes as far as intelligence goes.

Yes, he is fast. But also, he isn't too savvy.

Hopefully he will have breakout year, but I guess we will see.

PWP...when exactly did I say that BJ played the same position as MH?

All I said is that BJ is the bigger bust.

That was the gist of my rant.

Hopefully this will clarify any cloudy assumptions.

MH should be on the field more...but if he cannot show BB that he is worthy of getting playing time -- he might be a dumb bunny as well.

mgteich said:
We are extremely vulnerable to injury unless Hill or someone else develops. We've had to play with two injuries at various positions. We can't afford that at DL.
Last year, Sey was out, Warren was injured but played as was Green. They were really banged up. I agree, depth is needed esp NT.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
PWP...when exactly did I say that BJ played the same position as MH?

All I said is that BJ is the bigger bust.

That was the gist of my rant.

Hopefully this will clarify any cloudy assumptions.

MH should be on the field more...but if he cannot show BB that he is worthy of getting playing time -- he might be a dumb bunny as well.

Where did I say you said that? Cite the post #. You cannot.

You and DABRUINZ need to read more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back