PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marquise Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
What roll is this guy ready to take? He is 6'6" & 300 lbs. Yes, we have Seymour, Warren, Green, but this guy was touted as having big time skills and a great value for where we got him in the late 2nd round. This will be his 3rd year in the league. He needs to be knocking on Jarvis Green's door this year.

He'll still probably be limited to goalline duty. It's tough to knock on the guy when you consider who he's going up against.

re

Digger44 said:
What roll is this guy ready to take? He is 6'6" & 300 lbs. Yes, we have Seymour, Warren, Green, but this guy was touted as having big time skills and a great value for where we got him in the late 2nd round. This will be his 3rd year in the league. He needs to be knocking on Jarvis Green's door this year.

We have a possible front four of Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, and Green. Hill is the 5th guy. He could be great, but who would he take time from? All the players in front of him are already high quality players.

maverick4 said:
We have a possible front four of Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, and Green. Hill is the 5th guy. He could be great, but who would he take time from? All the players in front of him are already high quality players.

he needs to join the rotation..step it up...

yeah hes been a dissapointment so far when given the chance..they'll work him in camp more and try to give some breathers and let him join rotation like broncos and few other teams do..they rotate a lot to keep all players fresh

he really needs to step it up

maverick4 said:

I don't expect him to vault past any of them. But if he could pick his game up he'd be nice insurance in case of injuries. Ideally, the defense wouldn't skip a beat if he had to move into a starting role.

He played a bit last year early...then injured..and he really didn't play much after..but at that point..when he was injured, Sey was out and he wasn't doing all that bad...He also drafted young..so I am sure he has learned a lot. I DO think he needs to step it up..and if he does..watch out!! He will be more situational..back up special teams..long arms maybe..block a kick..

The knock on him was big upside but plays to high...I guess he's still too high because he doesn't play much.

If we see some Limbo Rock at camp this year...we will know it's 4th and 1 for Hill.

Could be a bust. I'm willing to withhold judgment until this season is over, though. He could still develop into something. Patience, patience...

Remix 6 said:
yeah hes been a dissapointment so far when given the chance..they'll work him in camp more and try to give some breathers and let him join rotation like broncos and few other teams do..they rotate a lot to keep all players fresh

Remix, I respect your opinion, but I don't think he's been a disappointed from this standpoint. He was real young when drafted, and we all knew he was a project that would take a few years to show anything. That was the talk. Now, if he doesn't blossom this year, I would agree. He showed more this past season then in the past, if you take preseason into account.

aabtec said:
he needs to join the rotation..step it up...

Absolutely. The best teams rotate those linemen to keep them fresh.

Big guys expend a lot of energy running around. Noway he can't get snaps every game. Unless there's something wrong.

For instance, until they get a good nose backup, Warren is great for a breather, but only if we have some depth at the outside besides Green.

Bostonian1962 said:
Remix, I respect your opinion, but I don't think he's been a disappointed from this standpoint. He was real young when drafted, and we all knew he was a project that would take a few years to show anything. That was the talk. Now, if he doesn't blossom this year, I would agree. He showed more this past season then in the past, if you take preseason into account.

Progress is all we ask for. If you're not going forward......

Bostonian1962 said:
I agree. Most rookies take a year. Hill was a project, so two years is not unreasonable.

Anyway, bust is a little strong (not you, another poster) to use on a guy that was taken with the last pick of the seond round because he can't get playing time ahead of Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Tye Warren and Jarvis Green.

If he plays like a first rounder he will have been a steal. If he plays like a second/third rounder, he is right on track.

i dont meant a huge dissapointment. hes been injured a lot and never got to the point where coaches loved him enough to put him on field. if hes really been doing good in practice and all he would get a lot more reps in but hes been on sideline way too much.

spacecrime said:
I agree. Most rookies take a year. Hill was a project, so two years is not unreasonable.

Anyway, bust is a little strong (not you, another poster) to use on a guy that was taken with the last pick of the seond round because he can't get playing time ahead of Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Tye Warren and Jarvis Green.

If he plays like a first rounder he will have been a steal. If he plays like a second/third rounder, he is right on track.

It wasn't that he couldn't get PT in front of those guys. It's that if you watched pre-season, he gave up on plays. NO persuit. PLUS, not only could he not get PT, he could not make the game day roster - that is not until the last game of the season against Miami when BB had every scrub play.

Bust.

He's a project I've kinda liked. He hasn't been given a lot of opportunity to get the reps in, considering who's ahead of him. But before he was injured last year he more than kept his own. Kinda one of our fav. kind of players. Plug him in and he doesn't hurt you. May not play like the guy he just replaced, but will hold his own against the elite, be the better of the mediocre he faces, and dominate any subs they put against him. And guys like him are why we will win our 4th superbowl this year, not some big name FA.

I think it said a lot that Mike Wright, an undrafted FA, was active all year and got playing time while Hill wasn't active hardly all year. It's true Wright could play inside and Hill has 3 DE's ahead of him. But even in limited playing time Hill has shown just about nothing yet.

Probably yhis will be his "make it or he's gone year"..... I think BB knows what he's doing when it comes to D-lineen and linebackers...... Hill, its time to shine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back