PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marquice Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since1971

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
He actually does a pretty decent job in coverage, looks like he r\tweaked a hammy. Anyone have injury update?

Day to day - Leg

looked like cramps at first as he was trying to stretch his leg, hobbling to the locker room it looked more like a pulled hamstring.

Last edited:
good. So we get a decent cover corner and then. Whammo.

injury bug.

Noticed welker may have hurt his ankle too close to the end. Didn't look too serious.

Just get healthy to the end of the season to get some reps and have some energy for the post season. If he continues to play well and improve. I wouldn't mind seeing a DB move up in the ranks (by excellence in coverage).

He looked very capable out there. Glad the players got the bye week to nurse some of these lingering injuries.

Jets fans were pretty unanimous in saying he was a good dime back, in pre-season he looked pretty good in coverage and against the Rams he looked good in coverage too.

There's the added bonus of him being a very good special teamer too.

I think it was Bedard - maybe someone else - who said before Week 1 that the Titans had told him that from preseason tape they thought Cole was our best cover corner.

I say once he's healthy we should actually give him a shot. It's not like we haven't tried guys who were originally meant to be ST guys start at CB before.

I'm talking to you Kyle Arrington. :bricks:

Last edited:
Cole should indeed get more reps at slot CB.

Dennard looks quite capable on the outside, and Moore played a good game on the other side too.

McCourty is best used as our version of FS, as his speed can help to make up some of the last level of defense problems. That in turn, will also make the play of the CBs better too.

Don't you mean Markweeeese Cole?

good. So we get a decent cover corner and then. Whammo.

injury bug.

Noticed welker may have hurt his ankle too close to the end. Didn't look too serious.

I was thinking the same thing when Cole was shown on the sidelines. Reminded me of
Hightower: he chases down Fitz for a sack, and is immed sidelined for a fortnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down