PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marouney = fast, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwc

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Marouney on 'EEI. Says his fastest 40 time at Minnesota was 4.36. Said he ran 4.43 at his pro day workout.

Like BB said..... I don't think anyone here will think he's slow! He's a burner on roller-skates and if Corey has one or two decent years in him we can ease him in nicely..... Tom Brady must be turning cartwheels............:rocker:

Last edited:
hwc said:
Marouney on 'EEI. Says his fastest 40 time at Minnesota was 4.36. Said he ran 4.43 at his pro day workout.
NFL Draft Scout says 4.48 at his pro day. Either way, it's good speed.

Feep_FLA said:
Like BB said..... I don't think anyone here will think he's slow! He's a burner on roller-skates and if Corey has one or two decent years in him we can ease him in nicely.....

The beauty of drafting Marouney is that Corey Dillon can extend his career...taking on more of a Jerome Bettis role and not having to carry the rock 30 times a game. That's the ideal situation with a 32 year old running back.

Although Marouney wasn't used much as a receiver, he caught 17 of 17 balls last year.

Im a Tulsa fan so since the Pats drafted Mills I've been lurking and decided to give a little info. Anyways, last year we played against Maroney, Adrienne Peterson, Deangelo Williams, and the 2 running backs at North Texas that had great stats (although at a low competition level.) Im a friend of one of Tulsa's safeties and he thought Maroney was the better back, but that was before we played Memphis, so take it for what it's worth.

Welcome aboard, Tulsa.

I am really looking forward to seeing your guy Mills in a Patriots uniform. Belichick loves that kind of versatility, so it will be fun to see what kind of role he grabs for himself in the Pats offense.

Belichick has tried a couple of times to get a pass-catching fullback into the offense. He loves demoralizing defenses with a back sneaking out of the backfield and catching a screen pass for about 50 yards. Mills might have some fun here.

BelichickFan said:
NFL Draft Scout says 4.48 at his pro day. Either way, it's good speed.
He ran it with an injury by most experts and witnesses have stated.

Yes He seems to have good power then can tun it on in the open field Love this pick.

hwc said:

Here are some numbers for comparison:

(1) Laurence Maroney: 5-11 205lb 4.36 or 4.43

(2) Reggie Bush: 6-0 200 4.33 (USC pro day)

(3) Joseph Addai: 6-0 210 4.41 (combine)

(4) Willie Parker: 5-10 209 4.23

mikey said:
(4) Willie Parker: 5-10 209 4.23

Hey, I know they call him Fast Willie Parker, but I still don't believe that one. Id need some serious corroboration to believe anyone ran a 4.23.

Willie was in the 4.23-4.29 area.

im curious as to what happened to Maroney against Iowa and Penn State..i mean he destroyed some other good talent but was the OL playing ****? was he not reading correctly..hmm

Remix 6 said:
Willie was in the 4.23-4.29 area.

im curious as to what happened to Maroney against Iowa and Penn State..i mean he destroyed some other good talent but was the OL playing ****? was he not reading correctly..hmm

I was wondering the same thing. But seeing as how both games were blowouts don't you think it wouldn't take long for them to abandon the run? Thats what I was thinking. His stats in the bowl game vs. Virginia weren't overwhelming but they certainly weren't bad and he was injured too so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back