PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney's and Jackson's #s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anybody get any info on what numbers LoMo and CJ will wear? Can't wait to get these hands on a jersey.

drew4008 said:
Anybody get any info on what numbers LoMo and CJ will wear? Can't wait to get these hands on a jersey.

gotta wonder if maroney will be able to pry 22 away from samuel

i made a thread and also asked Chris in the CJ thread

anyways im hoping Maroney doesnt go in the 40s..maybe he talks to someone about giving up a 20s #..Gay or Samuel for 21 or 22..maybe Scott gets cut and he takes 29 or Mitchell, Warfield or Hawkisn give up 23,24,25 for this kid.

CJ has a lot of good #s avaible..88,85,86 i believe are all avaible but he said he wants #8 because its a memory of 1 of his clsoe friends that died..not sure if thats a true rumor or if its a true story

Remix 6 said:

anyways im hoping Maroney doesnt go in the 40s..maybe he talks to someone about giving up a 20s #..Gay or Samuel for 21 or 22..maybe Scott gets cut and he takes 29 or Mitchell, Warfield or Hawkisn give up 23,24,25 for this kid.

CJ has a lot of good #s avaible..88,85,86 i believe are all avaible but he said he wants #8 because its a memory of 1 of his clsoe friends that died..not sure if thats a true rumor or if its a true story
Its true he's asking the NFL for permission to wear the #8 because he wears it in memory of a friend, if declined he will almost undoubtedly be wearing #88.

The NFL doesn't usually let players get numbers out of their position, even if it if for a good cause. The whole number system was devolped to help refs tell position by number so the league is reluctant to get away from it.

Charles Bentley of the Browns is asking for 00 literally..

Remix 6 said:

I doubt we'll see an establish veteran giving up his number for a rookie. I think some of us around here get a bit too excited about rookie players.

patsfan55 said:
gotta wonder if maroney will be able to pry 22 away from samuel
If I were Samuel or whoever else in the twenties, who are problably in the defensive backfield, I wouldnt give up my number for a rookie. But Maroney will be a star before long. :rocker:

I've heard Gay and Samuel and all these veterans who should give their numbers to Maroney yet, the youngest DB of all Ellis Hobbs wasnt mentioned...no Maroney will get what he gets, I doubt anyones number will be changed at least if they've been here for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Gay is a possibity to give up his or he'll take a # in preseason and then take a # from a guy who gets cut in 20s-30s

usually the player doesnt give up..he acquires it by paying a certain amount of agreeing to a deal.

i know Portis paid money to someone in DC to take the # and Feagles worked out a deal with Plaxico

Last edited:
I never understood the fixation with numbers. I can understand Jackson wanting to wear 8 for a friend, but 88 is the same thing. Bush wants to wear 5... why not 25, like every other RB before him?

At least Jackson is doing this in honor of a friend...Bush is just doing it becaus he has a sense of entitlement. I hope the NFL doesn't grant him the number because I don't like rookies coming into the league never having played a pro snap, and thinking the rules will be changed for them. Wear the designated numbers like everybody else.

IMO its sort of ridiculous, Maroney just takes whats there, if there is a number avalible in the twenties...I doubt there is but great, someone will get cut with a jersey with a number there, and Maroney can claim it.

Kdo5 said:
IMO its sort of ridiculous, Maroney just takes whats there, if there is a number avalible in the twenties...I doubt there is but great, someone will get cut with a jersey with a number there, and Maroney can claim it.
I just want to know so I can order a jersey... I don't care otherwise.

Maroney will have to cough up some money to pay Samuel for #22 if that's what he wants. I have a feeling #32 will be available for him by the end of training camp.

SoonerPatriot said:
Maroney will have to cough up some money to pay Samuel for #22 if that's what he wants. I have a feeling #32 will be available for him by the end of training camp.
NO WAY! That's Poteat's number!!!

drew4008 said:
I just want to know so I can order a jersey... I don't care otherwise.
He'll probably take 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back