PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Best player for the Pats last night. Period.

I've been down on Maroney this year but he's making me eat my words. I think he's playing well right now.

I like it when he puts his head down and runs over people to get that extra yard

For being the #3 WR and ST guy Aiken had the best performance imo.

I dont know what to say.

I have been super disappointed w maroney...and i have to say he played amazingly well. Except for another fumble.

for some reason, he isnt falling down anymore when ppl touch him.
its impressive running.

He is running with a purpose now, I think he personally wants to prove all of his doubters and the media wrong. I have always been a Maroney fan, and I think last night was probably the best I have seen him run in his whole career.

Def big-ups to Lomo he and aiken def came to play last night they were about the only 2 and wilfork sparingly as well. I'm glad the maroney haters are atleast acknowledging this much.

Maroney was great last night. That's not being talked about enough.

He played a phenomenal game, but he needs to secure that ball. 3 fumbles in 3 games is unacceptable. But yes, I love the way he is running lately...

Best player for the Pats last night. Period.

Have the Patriots ever had a player who not only fumbled 3 consectutive games but LOST fumbles in 3 consecutive games during the Belichick era?

I changed my av and location after LoMo got his 6th TD in 5 straight games, for a little show of support. You know, in case he reads this forum. :D

I've pretty much been middle of the road about him - neither love nor hate. He'd make me grumble a little on occasion, but I generally liked him and thought he often got too much blame and not enough credit when he did well.

He now has 8 TDs in 6 games, and has been running hard and looking great. Gonna have to start with the love if he keeps this up! :singing:

3 fumbles in 3 games is surprising and a bit concerning, especially after having only 1 ever prior, IIRC. But I guess I'll give him a pass on last night's since he somehow managed to cause the Saints to fumble his fumble!

He was indeed the one bright spot in the game last night, and if nothing else (wait...what do I mean if? There was nothing else to be glad about last night :(), I'm glad he got a moment to shine. Keep up the good work, LoMo!

Last edited:
You can see it when he runs. He's pissed, I swear that dude must have logged on here and read what everyone (including myself at times) said about the guy. He's running like he has something to prove this year, he has never been so physical before. I'm loving what I see. Hopefully we'll get Sammy up to speed and they can be a nice one two punch.

As a non believer I myself must admit that Maroney was one of the few Patriots that came to play last night....If we could see this type of perfomance on a cosistent basis it would be nice but the jury is out on that at this time.

I was very impressed with Maroney last night! He definitely needs to secure the ball a lot better, but I think he will only get better if the OL can continue to open up the holes for him.

The rest of the team was plan horrible on both sides of the ball after the 1st quarter. That drive for the TD in the first half was outstanding, but after that INT by Brady, it changed the whole faze of the game. Just embarrassing to see!

This team has a lot of work to do.:confused3:

First, let me say, I am not a Maroney hater, I've never bashed the guy on this board, and never subscribed to the "made of glass" club.

Having said all that....the posts above about how great Maroney is running are true, in my opinion, only if you compare his recent games to his overall body of work. If you compare what he has been doing, and what he did last night, with a true, top-notch NFL running back....well....I still think we need a true, top-notch NFL running back on this team. (Yes, I know all about Morris and Taylor...I mean, we need that type of back who can get on and stay on the field.)

Maroney gained 67 yards last night, against a D that was consistently playing back, guarding against the pass. Take out his one long run of 22 yds, and he had about 45 yards on 14 carries. If that is considered a strong performance, well, I think the bar has been lowered too much. I know he scored 2 TDs...both from about the 2 yard line. That should be expected more than lauded. I also understand the math, ie, if he had 45 yds on 14 carries, double it and you get 90 yds on 28 carries....and that is good....but there is a reason he doesn't get 28 carries a game. Dillon got the ball a hell of a lot more, again for a reason.
And he fumbles.

Maroney gained 67 yards last night, against a D that was consistently playing back, guarding against the pass. Take out his one long run of 22 yds, and he had about 45 yards on 14 carries. If that is considered a strong performance, well, I think the bar has been lowered too much. I know he scored 2 TDs...both from about the 2 yard line. That should be expected more than lauded. I also understand the math, ie, if he had 45 yds on 14 carries, double it and you get 90 yds on 28 carries....and that is good....but there is a reason he doesn't get 28 carries a game. Dillon got the ball a hell of a lot more, again for a reason.
And he fumbles.

Why would you take out his long run? He had 87 yards and 2 touchdowns on 18 touches despite not getting much action in the second half. It always amazes me when you clowns start reaching for anything to put him down.

Why would you take out his long run? He had 87 yards and 2 touchdowns on 18 touches despite not getting much action in the second half. It always amazes me when you clowns start reaching for anything to put him down.

Check your stats. He had 64 yards total, on 15 carries.

It always amazes me when a buffoon such as yourself can't get it straight.

Last edited:
Best part was him recovering his own fumble by causing another fumble. He didn't quit on the play. That goes a long way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back