PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney wants Gary Russell drafted here for new RB partner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell ran a 4.82 today.

Next, please.

Maroney should stick to figuring out how to run through holes and leave the GMing to BB & SP.

Maroney should stick to figuring out how to run through holes and leave the GMing to BB & SP.

he knows how to run through holes..reason hes in NFL, a first rounder and reason he had over 740 yards in his rookie season splitting load with 0 WR threat and decent run blocking

a lot of people were suprised by russel..he lost weight but 9 reps and 4.82! get out of here. ask any scout and they wouldnt of guessed this. terrible. He said hes not like clarrett and wont run slow(Clarrett had 4.72) and lookie here..he runs way worse

he knows how to run through holes..reason hes in NFL, a first rounder and reason he had over 740 yards in his rookie season splitting load with 0 WR threat and decent run blocking

Looked like he forgot at the end of the year.

and only did 9 reps

NEXT

yeah he is being compared to Clarret on PFT.

I think a few members of this site could run a 4.8 and bench 225 9 times.

Jeez that is not impressive at all.

yeah he is being compared to Clarret on PFT.

I think a few members of this site could run a 4.8 and bench 225 9 times.

Jeez that is not impressive at all.

Just what we need, a slow, weak, dumb running back.

Where do I sign up?

Hopefully the Pats will pretend that they are somewhat remotely interested and that way the Doophins, Bills or Jets will draft him and think they really screwed the Pats over.

I'd prefer Bush from Louisville.

Russell was 15-20 lbs overweight, ran slow and only did 9 reps of 225.

That shows me that he did not prepare for this at all. At this rate, he won't be drafted.

Russell ran a 4.82 today.

Next, please.

Blamed his poor showing on being 25lbs overweight due to ineligibility last year??

Hmmm - free agent offer maybe?

I heard he was getting his Goose on during the Bench Press drill

Russell was 15-20 lbs overweight, ran slow and only did 9 reps of 225.

That shows me that he did not prepare for this at all. At this rate, he won't be drafted.

This takes the mystery out of his failure to be readmitted to school after several applications. He talks the talk...

Well, Russell has some time to get his act together for a pro-day. If not, he'll be at the McDonald's cooking burgers soon enough.

Blamed his poor showing on being 25lbs overweight due to ineligibility last year??

Hmmm - free agent offer maybe?
I'll bet there are people in Denver planning to kidnap Shanahan and keep him locked up in the Maurice Clarett reformatory until he's learned how to say no to slugs.

Its too bad Leonard ran such a great 40 time because i think he would be perfect to bring in to backup maroney and be a short yardage back. now with his decent 40 time he will prob go too high for us. o well:(

Its too bad Leonard ran such a great 40 time because i think he would be perfect to bring in to backup maroney and be a short yardage back. now with his decent 40 time he will prob go too high for us. o well:(
We'll see, Mayock and Vermeil spent the entire program moaning about his dropping weight and trying to showcase Tailback abilities. Perhaps there will be any number of teams that would prefer him as a FB and wait to pull the trigger. I think the Pats probably feel that way about him too, I know if I was GM for a day, I'd bring him in and have Woicik & Nash help him put the 10 lbs back on and Fears develop him as a blocker the same way he did Evans. That would give the Pats a short yardage/goal line back who can pound the ball or sneak out for a pass, and provide depth behind Maroney, Faulk, and Evans in each of their roles. If Woicik and Nash can make Warren more explosive, I'm sure they could do the same with Leonard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back