PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney Vs Bush right now is No Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a lot of the Saint's game yesterday and another thing that jumped out at me about Reggie Bush is that he often gets tackled by one player.

I think we've all seen by now what happens to a defensive player that tries to tackle Maroney above the waist.

His stiff-arm is the best I've seen since Walter Payton. He doesn't just force you away.....He forces you to the ground. Pretty amazing from a rookie.

DaBruinz said:
Actually, from my experience, Fantasy football causes you to root for individual PLAYERS, not lousy teams.

You can watch the Pats for the Pats. Great. But to purposely enter a league just to tank it shows you to be a loser. Plain and simple. If you don't like it, don't play. But you don't have to ruin the experience for others.
let me clarify, i started as just doing it for kicks and i picked all different players. then i figured what the heck i'm gonna trade for all pats players, besides they are all in other more serious leagues.

i can guarantee you there are probably times when you root for the pats competitors when the pats are actually playing them. or how can you root for an indy players to go off like manning when you are a pats fan. or what if you have shaun alexander and you want seattle to do bad to get a better draft pick. usually when these players have even average days their team wins.

you can't serve two masters. either you are a true pats fan or a fantasy football geek.

Maroney rookie of the week!!!!

I just want to add that Maroney not only has the physical skills to dominate, but he obviously has the brains to go to Corey Dillon and say.. "Hey Corey, teach me that VICIOUS stiff arm!" BEAUTIFUL!

I have visions of these two running down a field of Pepsi machines stiff-arming them all out of the way! :)

I swear I could detect a hint of giddyness in Belichek after the game...
Belichek thinking to himself:
"250 yards a game on the ground and smothering defense..<giggle>.. 50 more yards on the ground and a few more minutes in time of possesion and I can cut a couple more wide receivers."

Belichek then thinks toward next years draft:
"Hmmm, two first round picks. <giggle> Wide receiver.. nope. Running back.. no thanks. Another tight-end.. not this year. <heehee>. I am taking two more first round D-lineman and furthering my plan to make extinct all other QB's in the league with my 5-3 scheme! <evil laughter>"

Didn't the Patriots have Maroney rated as the top offensive player in the draft?

Not sure where I read that, but it was posted on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes